So big tobacco companies are trying to get in on vaping

It is indisputable that big tobacco is going to own the major stake in electronic cigarettes. For one thing, they are not going to be using 18650's when the time comes, major ad campaign around how they do not explode. Market cornered man. DONE. As much as nobody wants to rot a lung out, people are even less excited about having teeth blow out.

Unless we pull our heads out our bum cheeks and stop denial around safety issues that are VERY REAL, we are handing it to them on a silver platter. It is not helping how people just call FAKE! and IDIOT! and CLONE! and all the other stupid ignorant things.

YES. THOSE THINGS MIGHT BE TRUE. Just as true as the fact you have people being admitted to incident wards. A vast minority. But a sensational and loud one with shock tactics on their side. Only way to stop that is to prevent the abuse of high drain batteries.

I do not see much focus on this. Vaping is being singled out while drones and many other hobby applications for high drain lithium batteries all pose similar or greater dangers, and DO BLOW UP. Seen what a hard short on a 4200mah LiPo can do? Blows whole boards up never mind just vents. Goodbye drone.

I myself have come to the conclusion that I do NOT want the average person to be in possession of high drain lithium batteries. Not in the current (lol) state of affairs.

So time to accept hobby devices are not going to be main stream. And if we want more people to pick up the hobby safely, then some work needs to be done still. Each vent is a COMPLETELY un necessary and avoidable phenomenon, yet they happen more often than you realize.

And not just mechs. Chain vape a low resistance build on a regulated mod and see how hot it gets. People can still follow the common advice of 'dont go mech' and vent a battery trying to get a decent nic hit. Happened to me with a Cuboid so I learned from experience. SUCKED.

Back