Spylandia - Closed

@Alex I have never had issues with viruses or spy/ransom ware in the last 10 years but that may just be my suspicious personality. I think most issues can be avoided if one follows some basic guidelines on what not to do![/QUOTE]

Yeah that's very true, but for many people out in the interwebs it's like the wild west.

Wow, it looks like an awesome setup there @Spydro, Windows 10 is brilliant once you get the hang of things. But you are right about just how dependent we have all become on technology. Remember a time before cellphone's... ..Ahh the peace and quite.

Yeah I am coming from Windows 7 Home Premium to 10. I'm Old Skol from the 1940's that since I retired from the real world of working the high pressure rat races of life in 1990 have stayed with OS everything in my life since until I am forced to upgrade something. That mainly came about because I didn't have a need for state of the art computers as time moved on, and would rather spend my time researching for my current interests than relearning new versions of something that I don't have a valid need for. Over the last 4 years the vaping/DIY knowledge base I learned on my own started giving me total independence from the vaping industry. Through that self reliance I know have that total independence from any and all outside vaping resources and can do everything myself in house... so nothing, not even my government can ever take vaping away from me.

My first relatively basic home computer with current top of the line upgrades 30 something years ago was what by today's standards could actually do very little power, speed or storage wise. A glorified electronic typewriter of sorts for $3.2K US, that had to be upgraded many times for many years at ever increasing costs. I constantly upgraded to next "best" (that four letter word I hate) top of the line gear and programs (in the days when you had to pay for them) that is outdated by the time you get it home and setup.... until several years ago when doing personal research, maintaining all my interest specific personal databases and forums was about all I needed a computer for at home. Now days it's mainly for personal research and my data bases. After over 30 years on line constantly helping folks on interest specific forms who wouldn't help themselves for my many hobbies, the forums have fallen to the wayside to where this has been the only one I've ran for well over a year, and vaping related forums only for over 4 years. It's someone else's turn to help others.

Oh wow @Spydro you have my sympathies... while it's awesome to get new stuff that is way faster and slicker I feel your pain... the whole family around me has upgraded to Windows 10 etc and I have avoided it like the plague... the only problem is I own an IT Company so everyone thinks I should be in charge of everything "wired"... I'm fine on my PC but Windows 10 is a whole new ball of wax... :confused:

But the main thing is you are back with us! :h:

No doubt I'm probably way too set in my ways to want to deal with change in any form anymore @Rob Fisher, let alone tolerate being forced into dealing with it by a hunk of gear with a mind of it's own. How far I'll go dealing with the new updates remains to be seen, but at best it will be dealing with only the small part of what they offer that I will still bother to use at all. As long as I can access my data bases up to a point I'll put up with it. But I am tired of computers and the latest greatest anything that I don't need or want. IE, no smart phones have ever been owned here, and the last whiz bang popular flip cell phone I had was discarded many years ago. I have not even had a regular home phone for 13-14 years... IOW I have no need for phones at all.
Back off and on maybe. I played along on the forum for over a year even though the forum and the vast majority of the folks here move in a direction away from the path I choose to follow and support in vaping. Some don't respect that, their choice. But with such a small number of folks here who do follow some similar paths that I will stay on, I don't see having much future input on the forum that the majority might not care about. Lots of good folks here though, so a place to stop in at sometimes maybe.

No doubt I'm probably way too set in my ways to want to deal with change in any form anymore @Rob Fisher, let alone tolerate being forced into dealing with it by a hunk of gear with a mind of it's own. How far I'll go dealing with the new updates remains to be seen, but at best it will be dealing with only the small part of what they offer that I will still bother to use at all. As long as I can access my data bases up to a point I'll put up with it. But I am tired of computers and the latest greatest anything that I don't need or want. IE, no smart phones have ever been owned here, and the last whiz bang popular flip cell phone I had was discarded many years ago. I have not even had a regular home phone for 13-14 years... IOW I have no need for phones at all.
Back off and on maybe. I played along on the forum for over a year even though the forum and the vast majority of the folks here move in a direction away from the path I choose to follow and support in vaping. Some don't respect that, their choice. But with such a small number of folks here who do follow some similar paths that I will stay on, I don't see having much future input on the forum that the majority might not care about. Lots of good folks here though, so a place to stop in at sometimes maybe.
Always welcome IMHO and also @Papa_Lazarou .

It's very refreshing to have seasoned folk around and also international folk.

Your contributions have not gone unnoticed.

Always welcome IMHO and also @Papa_Lazarou .

It's very refreshing to have seasoned folk around and also international folk.

Your contributions have not gone unnoticed.

After deserting this forum without much of a goodbye, Bill now days regularly runs the Lounge Lizards forum on the old site.

Any further contributions to this forum would go mostly unnoticed. I have many other more pressing things to deal with, so that's fine with me.

Back