SS flat Clapton 316l

Steyn777

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
To the masses,

Thought this might give me the effect Eon gets so bought this wire today. 26ga and 32ga ribbon.

Can't fit more than 4 wraps on the DR. Is it safe in my Vandy Vapes Pulse Squonker?

To the masses,

Thought this might give me the effect Eon gets so bought this wire today. 26ga and 32ga ribbon.

Can't fit more than 4 wraps on the DR. Is it safe in my Vandy Vapes Pulse Squonker?
Ohms?

.19 is high. I would suggest a .10- . 15 build. It will hit like dream. I find that SS gets too hot in my opinion. Flavour is good but it just makes a RDA very hot. Choose good wire when purchasing. If you rolling your own coils Ni80 will be your best friend. Brands like Haywire Ultra low resistance 24G Ni80 is my list of good wire. A 4 wrap will give you 0.10 which is good enough for a mech squonk. Even 5 wrap will do well. There's also UK Flatwire which is also very good wire as well as Kidney Puncher . Using a good battery like a Sony VTC5A will also run your squonk like a boss. Samsung 25Rs are also good enough.

Duuuuuude ......

There is so much that can go wrong with this , you not only need to check your resistance but check for shorts etc as well.

Please go spend the R200 at least get a resistance meter or something , don't just go on what the calc says.

Seriously , we need some form of control or something when ppl buy mech mods from shops , we don't want a Huisgenoot story of some outjie blowing his lips off ..... :p , not referring to the OP (if @Steyn777 is the guy on the left for sure not aimed at you :p)

Just get a tab reader that's it, you should be able to see what your build is sitting on. but a mech squonk is not dangerous as a tube mech. Battery slot has a lot of air coming through so the battery cannot vent, correct me if I'm wrong on this guys. Even a cheap regulated mod can help you with reading ohms

Guys/Girls,

I might be new to this but I'm not completely out of my mind. Needed wire, thought I'd give this a go...but I'll never run it before I know the ohm reading. Was checking if I made a good buy, it would appear not so much.

Do appreciate the concern though.

.19 is high. I would suggest a .10- . 15 build. It will hit like dream. I find that SS gets too hot in my opinion. Flavour is good but it just makes a RDA very hot. Choose good wire when purchasing. If you rolling your own coils Ni80 will be your best friend. Brands like Haywire Ultra low resistance 24G Ni80 is my list of good wire. A 4 wrap will give you 0.10 which is good enough for a mech squonk. Even 5 wrap will do well. There's also UK Flatwire which is also very good wire as well as Kidney Puncher . Using a good battery like a Sony VTC5A will also run your squonk like a boss. Samsung 25Rs are also good enough.
That is definitely on my list for wires this month, I've read only food things about it. But now I'm on a mission to find flatwire 1st.

Just get a tab reader that's it, you should be able to see what your build is sitting on. but a mech squonk is not dangerous as a tube mech. Battery slot has a lot of air coming through so the battery cannot vent, correct me if I'm wrong on this guys. Even a cheap regulated mod can help you with reading ohms
I played around with my griffin tank and old kangertech mini mod, won't read it no matter what I tried.

I played around with my griffin tank and old kangertech mini mod, won't read it no matter what I tried.
Mnr...SS is great. flat,even better...
to get a reading you going to have to oxidise it first.burn your wire before you coil it or burn your coil till it turns white then aircool .noe you will get a reading.if not then more wire is needed to up the ohms slightly. add a coil or 2.

to get a reading you going to have to oxidise it first.burn your wire before you coil it or burn your coil till it turns white then aircool .noe you will get a reading.if not then more wire is needed to up the ohms slightly. add a coil or 2.
Also I you can't fit more wire change the coil orientation to oval.meaning bigger mandrill then flatten the coil by a quarter the diameter.

Sent from my VF-696 using Tapatalk

Still have a Magma RTA which I put on the Kangertech. Started 4 wraps, nothing, then 5 then 6...eventually 8 did the trick. The Vape is extremely cold, so much so that you only realise the mod is on when exhaling.
I had no idea about the oxidizing, think I'm quickly gonna do another build.

Got a 5 wrap spaced coil, did the oxidizing thing, nice ramp up speed....terrible terrible flavour. Feels like I chewed a 10c coin. Lol.

What effect does this have?
Longer Wire bigger coil same space in length to support the heat it produces.and fit in more cotton so it soaks up juice more and avoid cotton burn when firing. Just don't let your wattage start out too high.ease it up till desired vape

Can you fit a dual coil. don't space too much.mine was barely spaced.
Also if the coil is too long it doesn't soak fast enough. Prime coils with juice before you fill the tank.

I tried du
Can you fit a dual coil. don't space too much.mine was barely spaced.
Also if the coil is too long it doesn't soak fast enough. Prime coils with juice before you fill the tank.

I tried dual build, again, the mod wont fire if the ohms are lower than 0.2...this is a VERY old mod. If I could just get my Vaperesso to work again...

I tried du

I tried dual build, again, the mod wont fire if the ohms are lower than 0.2...this is a VERY old mod. If I could just get my Vaperesso to work again...
How has your luck been today

Send a PIC if your Atty if you can.want to see the space you working with

How has your luck been today

About an hour ago I ultimately decided that SS is not for me. Won't go that route again.
Even when I get the build right, the vape is to cold but the whole mod gets warm...strange.

Back