Subox mini start kits problems (Newbie)

Aaron Kitson

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I just received my Subox and just filled it up and fired away. I'm getting dry hits all the time and can't seem to find a simple solution. Everything apart from the juice is from the box and I don't know what VP my juice is. I've lowered my watts and tried to follow some tips from youtube but haven't tried to tamper with anything. Any ideas or suggestions as what I should do

Aaron, its very important to prime your coil, especially if its your first time using. Even if you build your own coils and wicking, always wet your wick, only to speed up the soaking process. My first draw on my ego one.....also a dry hit, damn. If I can give you advice, get a new coil, that wick will have a burned taste.

If I recall correctly, in the kanger box is n card informing you to prime, wait 5 minutes before firing.

Put n drop on the juice holes, wait for the wick to absorb it. Repeat 2 or 3 times.If the wick don't absorb the drop of juice, close the tank, and wait for a minute or two. You should be good to fire then.

Dont use that old burned coil. Put in a new one.

Ps, start on low power en progressively work you way up the power range to break in the coil and find you sweet spot

You will see on the sides of the coil is there a opening on two sides, where you can see the wick. Put some juice on the wick, until the wick is saturated. Then screw on the cap, let it stand for a few minutes and start to vape. My first few draws is initially at a lower wattage just to give the wick time for a decent soak. Have you watched some YouTube videos regarding priming coils.

Maybe you could also share which juice you are currently using. Im sure theres somebody who would know the vg/pg ratio. The reason I ask this is due to the fact that some juices are just too thick the wick effectively in a tank.

That being said, as @Andre has mentioned above, 12mg might be too harsh for you. Since I started vaping I never managed to go above 6mg (well except for the 18mg I used to have in my twisp)

Maybe you could also share which juice you are currently using. Im sure theres somebody who would know the vg/pg ratio. The reason I ask this is due to the fact that some juices are just too thick the wick effectively in a tank.

That being said, as @Andre has mentioned above, 12mg might be too harsh for you. Since I started vaping I never managed to go above 6mg (well except for the 18mg I used to have in my twisp)
@Jakey, I vaped a twisp mix in my Billow v2 the other day, for something different and hell, almost die.Lol

Well all I can say is I can't really go above 10-15 watts otherwise I feel like I'm getting a dry hit or harsh feeling in my throat. Would people advise getting a lower level of mg of nic?

Back