The Billow Thread

Yiannaki

Vaping Addict
VIP
LV

Awards
So I figured that the billow RTA deserved a thread to discuss builds, wicking methods, troubleshooting, and any other billow related chit chat.

Let me kick this off with the build in mine.

Dual Coil
26G
2.0 ID
9 Wraps
0.4 Ω
Japanese Cotton Wick

Being my first RTA I was completely clueless on how to go about wicking. I followed the wicking method of twisted420 as he had a similar build on his billow video.

Here are some pics.

d5bb75c390db1c6a1f01a2cd798d3e21.jpg

fe38abf105dc15165b3af3b51e450141.jpg

b787d561f62674305b478382a9599e77.jpg

Nice coils bud! What are your thoughts so far? Any leaking issues while laying it on its side?

So I figured that the billow RTA deserved a thread to discuss builds, wicking methods, troubleshooting, and any other billow related chit chat.

Let me kick this off with the build in mine.

Dual Coil
26G
2.0 ID
9 Wraps
0.4 Ω
Japanese Cotton Wick

Being my first RTA I was completely clueless on how to go about wicking. I followed the wicking method of twisted420 as he had a similar build on his billow video.

Here are some pics.

d5bb75c390db1c6a1f01a2cd798d3e21.jpg

fe38abf105dc15165b3af3b51e450141.jpg

b787d561f62674305b478382a9599e77.jpg

Great Review and pics but you must tell is how she vapes :p

For those of you who have this or are getting one its important to stress that you must use plenty wick and make sure the wick covers all the sides to the air wholes under the coil so no juice can get into there otherwise you will have a massive leaking problem

This, and the goblin look like the future of great tank design.

Nice coils bud! What are your thoughts so far? Any leaking issues while laying it on its side?
Thanks bud.

So far I am very impressed with the billow. It produces great flavour which is not too far off some RDAs.

I have just topped it up with my third tank and have not come across any leaking issues.

@paulph201 makes a great point though. If there isn't enough wick to catch the liquid, and liquid gets into the chamber, once you turn it on its side you're gonna get loads of leaking.

Great Review and pics but you must tell is how she vapes

For those of you who have this or are getting one its important to stress that you must use plenty wick and make sure the wick covers all the sides to the air wholes under the coil so no juice can get into there otherwise you will have a massive leaking problem

Thanks fellow greek!

Hoping to see your build and wick setup when you get a chance :D

I'll post some thoughts on the billow once I've spent a bit more time with it ;) so far so good though!

Thanks fellow greek!

Hoping to see your build and wick setup when you get a chance :D

I'll post some thoughts on the billow once I've spent a bit more time with it ;) so far so good though!

im bust with a special build right now lol ill post some pics once im done :p

Yeah I have picked up that this thing likes its cotton. Only on my first set of coils and wicks so mine pisses out the side air holes if I leave it on its side. But mmmannnnnnn does she wick like a champ! So much dense flavour and I like the air flow. Lemo is now collecting dust...

Another small con I picked up. The two outside screws don't fully close the post holes, doesn't capture 28g wire properly ... Dunno if any one else has noticed the same issue??

Yeah I have picked up that this thing likes its cotton. Only on my first set of coils and wicks so mine pisses out the side air holes if I leave it on its side. But mmmannnnnnn does she wick like a champ! So much dense flavour and I like the air flow. Lemo is now collecting dust...

Another small con I picked up. The two outside screws don't fully close the post holes, doesn't capture 28g wire properly ... Dunno if any one else has noticed the same issue??
Yes. I did notice the issue you're referring to with the outside screws. A bit of a pain.

I resolved this by pulling the lead upward with a pliers from behind to make sure there is contact.

I can imagine it being more difficult with 28g.

Yes. I did notice the issue you're referring to with the outside screws. A bit of a pain.

I resolved this by pulling the lead upward with a pliers from behind to make sure there is contact.

I can imagine it being more difficult with 28g.

Yeah indeed. I had to double back the 28g wire through the hole. Not a biggie, will chuck some 26g in tomorrow and see how it goes.

@Yiannaki, i am very confused now with all this gear
I think you guys are going to have to help me navigate and guide me to what I should try
I cant try them all!

@Yiannaki, i am very confused now with all this gear
I think you guys are going to have to help me navigate and guide me to what I should try
I cant try them all!
Agreed! It is quite hard to keep up

With the news of the goblin now, the rta plot has thickened.

I think an important approach to finding out which to buy is to determine if they tick boxes which are of importance to you.

I.E I knew I did not want a Lemo for the following reasons:

- single coil
- slightly restrictive airflow

On a somewhat off topic note:

We need to get you onto a Sigelei and a Dark horse rda :D great flavour and clouds for days!

@Yiannaki, although i agree fully with you, there is one problem
I need to go on a dual coil masterclass
My dual coiling is not so good ;-)

If i could spend all day on vaping I would probably test 3 or 4 dual battery regulated mods, three or four RDAs and a few of these top rebuildable tanks

Then I would take my favourite juices and spend a few days with the same juice in all the gear to see what I like

If only....

Strange, my negative posts screw all the way down np. A friend of mine showed me his negative posts from a vapeclub billow and they seemed mighty short. Possibly a bad batch? He's returned his billow and is getting the Goblin.

Would love to try a tiger wire build in my billow next

@Yiannaki, although i agree fully with you, there is one problem
I need to go on a dual coil masterclass
My dual coiling is not so good ;-)

If i could spend all day on vaping I would probably test 3 or 4 dual battery regulated mods, three or four RDAs and a few of these top rebuildable tanks

Then I would take my favourite juices and spend a few days with the same juice in all the gear to see what I like

If only....

Luckily you hang around with dual coil crazed nuts!

I must admit that dual coil on the billow is fairly easy because of the four post design.

As far as I recall, your last dual coil was on the cyclone, which is an absolute nightmare to buil dual coils on in my opinion.

Strange, my negative posts screw all the way down np. A friend of mine showed me his negative posts from a vapeclub billow and they seemed mighty short. Possibly a bad batch? He's returned his billow and is getting the Goblin.

Would love to try a tiger wire build in my billow next

Any idea where he is getting that Goblin from? I have a massive tank fetish as of late...

Luckily you hang around with dual coil crazed nuts!

I must admit that dual coil on the billow is fairly easy because of the four post design.

As far as I recall, your last dual coil was on the cyclone, which is an absolute nightmare to buil dual coils on in my opinion.

You have a good memory

Thank heavens you said that. I spent so long on that Cyclops and i really felt like such an idiot. I had to take a break a few times, gather my courage and go for it again. Lol, am so glad you say it was a nightmare

I think a few coil building hangout sessions and i will be nicely up to speed

Just have to be careful with my burning throat syndrome. When i hang out with your and Paulies gear, the vapes are flying above 60 Watts lol. And we often get stared at by other people who think we are nuts. Lol

Here my build it

Dual Clapton coil using 26g and 32g

dual 4 wraps came in at 0.4 exactly

This took me 2 hours to do and its really great!

Don think im going to change this setup for a while!

image_zps4ae12415.jpg

Here my build it

Dual Clapton coil using 26g and 32g

dual 4 wraps came in at 0.4 exactly

This took me 2 hours to do and its really great!

Don think im going to change this setup for a while!

image_zps4ae12415.jpg
Paul that is a beautiful looking coil bud :D great job!

looking forward to sampling it :rock:

Back