The Cyclone Thread

I was playing with the idea to make a top airflow gold cap for my Cyclone, i need to make one that has adjustable airflow.
IMG_1768.JPG

Cyclone is the only Atty do date, that is not top air flow, that I have no issues with over squonking. That is on a standard air hole, pretty damn small and won't leak easily.

Cyclone is the only Atty do date, that is not top air flow, that I have no issues with over squonking. That is on a standard air hole, pretty damn small and won't leak easily.
I'm preferring the AFC top cap so the whole is a lot bigger.

It's Dremel time for some of the new Cyclones! :rock:
View attachment 39077
What are you doing with the dremmel @Rob Fisher?

Hi @Rob Fisher

I am thinking of getting myself a dremel kit.

Which one would you say is the best to buy?
I would go with the dremmel 4000 or the dremmel 8400 cordless one.

Depends on how long you would use it for. I find cordless tools wonderful for portability. Just get extra batteries if you plan on doing a lot of time with it.

I'm currently running 28G, single coil at 7 wraps and 1.8mm ID. Just playing with coil position a bit. Do you guys put the coil exactly in line with the airflow hole, slightly below or above the airflow hole?

I'm currently running 28G, single coil at 7 wraps and 1.8mm ID. Just playing with coil position a bit. Do you guys put the coil exactly in line with the airflow hole, slightly below or above the airflow hole?

Having the coil as low and as close to the outside edge works best for me.

I'm going to try this.

I position the coil to be above the airhole so airflow hits the base of the coil and also flows between the posts.

Thanks uncle Rob. So should I leave the coil parallel to the posts, or at a slight horizontal angle to try and match the contour of the top cap?

Hi @Viper_SA , i am not a cyclone expert but its very similar to the RM2

Have done quite a bit of testing on the RM2 on coil position and this is what I found

- for more flavour, the coil needs to be closer to the edge of the atty and lower down
- for more throat hit, the coil should go higher up and slightly more towards the centre

For my preference on the RM2, I put it close to the edge (to get good flavour) and a bit higher than the airhole (to get more throat hit). Bottom of my coil is about in line with the top half of the airhole

The movements i am talking about here are quite small. 1 or 2mm can make quite a big difference

Not sure if the Cyclone is the same, but I would say the same effects would hold true

I bought a Torqcraft model and it works quite well and can use Dremel bits. It's taken quite a hammering to date with no issues

I bought a Torqcraft model and it works quite well and can use Dremel bits. It's taken quite a hammering to date with no issues
I mainly buy bosch blue tools. I would buy makita but I can't afford the all the power tools in one shot.
Let me explain. If you buy makita cordless, you buy the charger and batteries separately.
That being said, you buy 4 batteries and all your tools use the same batteries. So an angle grinder, drill, oscillating multitool and rotary tool will probably never be used at the same time.

Every few years they upgrade the machines with new battery packs and new battery technology and you struggle to find tools that fit your batteries. Older batteries are not usually the problem.

Hence I don't have 30k I want to part with and buy all the tools I'll ever need right now.

How does it vape cuboard to the normal top cap?
Any excessive heat issues?
I'm going to need one of these @hands :D

Just started playing with it... the vape is a lot more airy and this may open the bottom feed squonkers to other juices for me at last... it's looks really beautiful and the fact that I can over squonk without leaks is awesome! There are no heat issues... I have never really had a heat issue with my Cyclones... the Tropical Ice is not as intense with the airflow but still outstanding... I'm going to ask @hands to make me some more with less airflow and some with more airflow... or a version with variable airflow! :rock:

Have I said lately how much I'm enjoying this vape journey! There is always something new to play with! :inlove:

1.8mm, 28G, 9wraps. Playing with coil sizes at work tonight. 1.8mm seems the best fit for me. Tried 1.4mm, 1.5mm, 2mm and 2.5mm as well. Between 6 and 9 wraps on 1.8mm seems to be my sweet spot for tobacco juices.

20151117_003654_resized.jpg

Back