The ideal vaping website - tips from the community

We have also enabled a handy alphabetical list of products that.

just a quick note, the sorting of liquids by flavour profile, I am about 1/4 of the way done, we have a ton of flavours so bear with us while we get them all sorted :)

Need further discussion:

We would like to enable QTY on hand for you but we fear it gives out too much information from a pure security point of view. From competitors to criminals.

What if you just show QOH if there are say... Less than 10 units available, otherwise it can just show as "in stock"?

I think you only really want to know QOH as a customer if there is a fear it will be sold out within a certain period of time?

1) No pop-ups!

2) Juice should be categorised according to flavour profile. (See Drip Society's well-organised website for a good example. @Cruzz_33. I don't want to waste time scrolling through everything, when I'm looking for something in the Bakery line.

3) List new arrivals separately. By "new" I mean the past few weeks or so. The Vape Industry's website gives a good example of new arrivals @Naeem_M. On the other hand, there's a vendor whose "Just Arrived" section consists of 80 pages. Clearly they are not all new!

4a) ALL info about the juice must be there without having to click to go to another page.
When I say ALL info I include:
Flavour description
Nic strengths available
VG/PG! Many vendors do not state this on the website. Why not? As consumers we have the right to know what we are ordering.
Bottle size available
Price

4b) For International Juice, the country of origin should be stated. It makes it interesting.

5) The website must be kept up to date regarding what is in stock. It's frustrating and disappointing to receive a phone call the next morning informing you that an item which you ordered, and was not marked as being out of stock on the website, is out of stock.

6) All vendors should offer loyalty points and it must be easys to find out how the loyalty system works.
How many loyalty points do I receive for every Rand spent? What is the conversion of loyalty points to Rands? Do 10 points = R10?

7) Suggestion: Offer a birthday voucher to customers who have spent a minimum of X amount over the past year.

8) Suggestion: Offer Snapscan or Zapper as payment options. These are the "modern" way of paying and it's sooooooo much easier than PayGate etc.

EDIT: The minimum expenditure required for free shipping should be reasonable e.g. R500. Some vendors have a minimum expenditure of R1,000 or R1,500 which is unreasonable!
@Cruzz_33 Has the best website

Congrats @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff on the changes

Removing that little box that says who bought what is GREAT! Thank you!

As for showing stock quantity, I am in agreement with @Stosta - you only need to know if it will be out of stock soon

Good luck with the juice flavour classification. That must be a huge job!

As for showing stock quantity, I am in agreement with @Stosta - you only need to know if it will be out of stock soon

Good luck with the juice flavor classification. That must be a huge job!

We do have this on the initial view of the products, see below example, we will look into adding it to the actual page for each product too.

2018-06-05 (2).png

With regards to the flavor classifications, got them all done this afternoon, most of them were already categorized by flavor as we use digital juice menus in store and we had to work out the classifications for the menus so I just copied the menus classifications, it just took a bit of time to move them into the correct categories.

Good luck with the juice flavour classification. That must be a huge job!

@Silver @Gizmo @Stroodlepuff Oh but classifying the juice is a lovely job! I've got all mine classified on spreadsheets. Much easier than scrounging around in a cupboard trying to figure out how many custards I have!

What if you just show QOH if there are say... Less than 10 units available, otherwise it can just show as "in stock"?

I think you only really want to know QOH as a customer if there is a fear it will be sold out within a certain period of time?

@Stosta When I see that I don't necessarily believe it - it could be a marketing ploy. Oooh only 3 left - I'd better buy one NOWf!

Vape Cartel Loyalty Program

Hi Guys and Girls :)
We have run a successful Loyalty program in our stores unfortunately linking it to the web store has proven problematic - UNTIL NOW

We have integrated a new loyalty program that integrates both in store (Meyersdal and Greenside) as well as online.
Customers will earn 5% back on their purchases done at these outlets. The Cape Town store will continue with the instore SureSwipe program as normal :)

At the Meyersdal and Greenside stores, the SureSwipe cards will be falling away and these points will be transferred to customers accounts :)

1) State your shipping fees without me having to register and checkout to find out :rolleyes:... actually a deal breaker

2) If it is out of stock and you're not planning to bring more stock in... take it off the damn site

EXACTLY!! also if you are going to give free shipping it should automatically load on your checkout. It should not be hidden, you should not have to enter a code that you can only find if you read the small print.

This must be the worst website that I've come across. There are no flavour descriptions whatsoever! Within each brand there is a drop-down menu of juice names, as well as a paragraph of juice names on the same page. What about the names that are not self-descriptive? One has to google the juice name in order to find out what flavour it is. I'm certainly not going to waste my time and data doing that! Hell, no!

No flavour description.PNG

Vendors, please make sure that your search function takes one to the correct item or at least tells you that no items were found. On one of the websites I searched for "coffee" under e-liquids and yes, it displayed one coffee, along with two mods! Sales pitch? Sales loss!

This is a brilliant initiative and thread for all involved, it makes the end users happier and keeps the blood pressure low, and helps us vendors give you the best browsing and shopping experience available.

I will be following this thread closely, and spend the next couple of hours awake with some coffee, and makes some drastic changes!

Thanks to everyone for their input.

This is a brilliant initiative and thread for all involved, it makes the end users happier and keeps the blood pressure low, and helps us vendors give you the best browsing and shopping experience available.

I will be following this thread closely, and spend the next couple of hours awake with some coffee, and makes some drastic changes!

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Great to hear @Pho3niX90
If this feedback can help you make some improvements then everyone wins

While we're on this topic i just want to highlight something

Pretty sure its been mentioned in commentary before on this thread, but to me its worth mentioning again.

What irritates me is seeing a product in the product listing, getting excited and clicking on it - only to find on the detailed product page that its actually sold out and not available.
It should say on the listing page that its sold out.

Back