The most frustrating problem in the world

Junior

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi vets!

I am seriously stuck with this one... my juice becomes harsh after a few drags... literally 2 drags fine, then it becomes harsh, and I have no idea what could cause this.

I'll give you all the info:
I'm using an Ijoy combo RDTA, 24g kanthal 7wraps, 3mm diameter.
I mix my own DIY juice(all standard and well known recipes)
I vape less than 2mg nic, because I vape a lot hahaha.

I have been mixing for a couple of months, getting the hang of it and I had no issues. I mixed rhodenite(enyawreklaw) when I noticed it. I gave my friend a 30 ml(without nic) and his was fine. So i thought its my nic, but it is like 4 months old and I store it in my drawer so that can't be it.
Then I made some Beard no.5 clone(literally just strawberry and ny cheesecake, beautiful simple flavour) and I had no issues with that juice, none, so its not the nic then. So that made me think it was my bottle because the Rhodenite was in a plastic bottle and the Beard no.5 was in a glass bottle.
Here comes the kicker, I mixed bronuts(enyawreklaw), in a glass bottle, get the same issue. So I thought its my build maybe. Then I gave a bit to my friend, he filled up his limitless rdta, and got the same problem.
The juice taste so good! And I really don't understand why this is happening.
I hope someone can help me please, thank you in advance.

Hi vets!

I am seriously stuck with this one... my juice becomes harsh after a few drags... literally 2 drags fine, then it becomes harsh, and I have no idea what could cause this.

I have been mixing for a couple of months, getting the hang of it and I had no issues. I mixed rhodenite(enyawreklaw) when I noticed it. I gave my friend a 30 ml(without nic) and his was fine. So i thought its my nic, but it is like 4 months old and I store it in my drawer so that can't be it.
Then I made some Beard no.5 clone(literally just strawberry and ny cheesecake, beautiful simple flavour) and I had no issues with that juice, none, so its not the nic then. So that made me think it was my bottle because the Rhodenite was in a plastic bottle and the Beard no.5 was in a glass bottle.
Here comes the kicker, I mixed bronuts(enyawreklaw), in a glass bottle, get the same issue. So I thought its my build maybe. Then I gave a bit to my friend, he filled up his limitless rdta, and got the same problem.
I am in the same boat as you it started about 2 weeks ago was coiling and wicking every single day. 1 problem I solved it was my wicking was putting in too much cotton. My problem juice was the Strawberry cheesecake in beginning it was fine but now I also get that harsh taste. Other problem maybe is the mixing I want to take my scale in for a calibration maybe there lies the problem.

@Junior
Hi there did u manage to resolve the harshness
Hi blends,
I'm getting there. Was waiting for juices to steep. I vaped 50ml of berry yoghurt over the weekend and had no issue, so its definitely not my nic.
I spoke to someone at vape cartel and he said i must try steeping with nic, i usually and nic like the night before, i did that with the rhodonite and it might just be my imagination but it seems better, will know in a day or so.
The other thing that im suspecting now is the yelliw cake that @RichJB highlighted, its the only common flavour in both recipes. I read up on it and it seems to be a ***** of a flavour. Will do further investigation and keep you informed.
Yellow cake contains something that messes with coils, so it might all be that my coils gets messed up and cause the issue, any thoughts on that?
Can anyone recommend a sub for yellow cake? Haha I'm considering just leaving it out completely but thats just stupid.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Hi vets!

Do you refrigerate your nic? I find that keeps it very well.

steeping with nic, i usually and nic like the night before

Not sure if I understand. Do you mix your VG and concentrates and then let them steep and after add your nic? Is there a specific reason for this?

This might cause hot spots in your mixes.

Not sure if I understand. Do you mix your VG and concentrates and then let them steep and after add your nic? Is there a specific reason for this?

This might cause hot spots in your mixes.
Yes, I make the entire batch without nic, and when its ready to vape I pour say 30ml into a bottle and add nic.
The reason for this is that I can then mix it like crazy and give it warm water baths and I dont have to worry about too much air in my bottles when steeping, apparently all those things can degrade your nic. Especially the heat.

Yes, I make the entire batch without nic, and when its ready to vape I pour say 30ml into a bottle and add nic.
The reason for this is that I can then mix it like crazy and give it warm water baths and I dont have to worry about too much air in my bottles when steeping, apparently all those things can degrade your nic. Especially the heat.
This is a rather creative idea indeed. If you have 0mg steeped liquid it should be easy to determine if the issue is your nicotine or concentrates.

I think that some flavours also degrade with heat and oxidation. Time has worked best for me. I shake after I mixed and then only shake again when trying it the first time.

This is a rather creative idea indeed. If you have 0mg steeped liquid it should be easy to determine if the issue is your nicotine or concentrates.

I think that some flavours also degrade with heat and oxidation. Time has worked best for me. I shake after I mixed and then only shake again when trying it the first time.

I have had no issues at all with that method. But I mixed a batch of rhodonite last week and I added nic immediately after. Vaping it now and the taste is good, gave the juice no heat at all. I'm still getting a bit of harshness but it is manageable, I think I'm going sub the yellow cake with something else in my next batch, I have no idea what though.
I really think it's the yellow cake. Does anyone else have problems with yellow cake?

I have had no issues at all with that method. But I mixed a batch of rhodonite last week and I added nic immediately after. Vaping it now and the taste is good, gave the juice no heat at all. I'm still getting a bit of harshness but it is manageable, I think I'm going sub the yellow cake with something else in my next batch, I have no idea what though.
I really think it's the yellow cake. Does anyone else have problems with yellow cake?
I open this morning new bottle of steep juice and same issue hell off a throaght hit. So I re wick took my time and made sure its perfect drop the wattage and now its perfect. In my situation it was not the nicotine.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/7310

Seems many aren't fond of the Yellow Cake by Flavour West.

Contains sugar which can caramelise and do all nasty kinds of things on your coils.

Im going to use an alternative for my next batch, just dont know what. And ja my coils are suffering with the Rhodonite and Bronuts. So can I conclude that its the Yellow Cake?

Im going to use an alternative for my next batch, just dont know what. And ja my coils are suffering with the Rhodonite and Bronuts. So can I conclude that its the Yellow Cake?
You could try sub with Cap Sugar Cookie @3-5% and FA Joy @ 0.5%. Sugar Cookie is a bit more biscuiti but a worth a shot.

Both Jungle Flavors and Capella do a yellow cake now. I have heard they are both rather good and neither have fructose like the FW version does. One of them would probably be the closest sub

Just an update for those who care.
I have mixed a batch of Rhodonite without the yellow cake and it was still harsh and i was ready to start vaping pure vg with nic in hahaha.
Then it hit me that i made the rhodonite with Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA) and not the Raspberry (INAWERA) which is specified in the recipe as i could not find it online and a lot of comments mentioned that it is perfumey.(that does not look like the correct spelling)
Idiot sandwich that I am decided to up the percentage for some reason to 1.3 instead of 0.5 as the recipe said.

I dont have inawera raspberry so i just mixed the rhodonite with 0.5 percent raspberry last night, i think this is the issue.

I tested my nic as well, it is not that. Thanks for everyone's help, will post my conclusion soon.

Just an update for those who care.
I have mixed a batch of Rhodonite without the yellow cake and it was still harsh and i was ready to start vaping pure vg with nic in hahaha.
Then it hit me that i made the rhodonite with Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA) and not the Raspberry (INAWERA) which is specified in the recipe as i could not find it online and a lot of comments mentioned that it is perfumey.(that does not look like the correct spelling)
Idiot sandwich that I am decided to up the percentage for some reason to 1.3 instead of 0.5 as the recipe said.

I dont have inawera raspberry so i just mixed the rhodonite with 0.5 percent raspberry last night, i think this is the issue.

I tested my nic as well, it is not that. Thanks for everyone's help, will post my conclusion soon.

What I have found the last 2 weeks is my juice that is filled to the top don't give me that harsh taste. I make all my recipes now 35ml and seems to me less air in bottle helps

Back