The Official Vapers Tongue Thread

Okay I have it. What's up with that??? Feel like slug. Anyone got any good cures???

Mine passed after about 5 days. Not sure exactly what made it disappear as I was trying everything.

I vaped VM Guevara, which has a very strong and unique taste. Woke up in the morning and it was gone.

I think I have a dash of vapers tongue... everything was fine this morning and then Erica (Standard REO that I have been using the most) felt weak and ineffectual... I thought it was time to try the Rayon so I ripped out the cotton wick and put in a nice little Rayon wick...

I was so unimpressed and thought the flavour was really subdued and put the Rayon away and thought that's not for me... did a cotton coil and it was also really weak... cleaned the contacts... still nothing... cleaned the whole REO in hot water from top to tail and then built a new coil because the coil was over a month old and I thought it was maybe that...

Nope still not good... reached for Avril (the new SL/LP) that kicks like a mule and at least I started to taste a bit...

The cloud production on all the REO's is 100% fine but I'm hardly tasting the Menthol Ice...

So it's not Erica's fault and hopefully my tongue will be back in action tomorrow!

Will test Rayon again when my tongue is back to normal!

I had it on Friday and found that the only way I could get rid of it is sleep it off :( I am curious if there is any other technique to get rid of it quickly?

I had it on Friday and found that the only way I could get rid of it is sleep it off :( I am curious if there is any other technique to get rid of it quickly?

If you search the forums there are a whole lot of different things you can do... From eating Marmite to a whole heap of other ideas...

If you search the forums there are a whole lot of different things you can do... From eating Marmite to a whole heap of other ideas...

The only thing that worked for me, you basically gag Vapers Tongue in no time totally out of your mouth:

Marmite.jpg

I've had this problem for a while now, it is gradually starting to let up now. None of the home remedies worked. Ginger tea worked as a booster but didn't have a permanent effect, vaping menthols and mints for at least 3 days straight seems to have the best effect. Anyways, flavours are starting to come back, slowly. Been going on for 10 weeks now, yes folks, 10 weeks. No fun at all!

I've had this problem for a while now, it is gradually starting to let up now. None of the home remedies worked. Ginger tea worked as a booster but didn't have a permanent effect, vaping menthols and mints for at least 3 days straight seems to have the best effect. Anyways, flavours are starting to come back, slowly. Been going on for 10 weeks now, yes folks, 10 weeks. No fun at all!
Wow! 10 weeks? That must have driven you insane! I hope you vape all the juices u weren't crazy about during the time :p that way u wouldn't taste them even if u hated them and you wouldn't let them go to waste.

freshly ground coffee is supposed to do the trick, apparently you need to smell it to reset your taste buds if I recall.

My top tip (works for me) - Brush your teeth and tongue as per usual, gargle some Listerine; wait for about 30 mins and try again. Let me know if this works for anyone else as well (Warning, @Rob Fisher - your results may vary, since you are already a menthol man :D)

Pulling out my tongue and using the gentle cycle in the washing machine does a good job.

P.S. Don't use fabric softener. Or bleach.

But seriously...
Table Water Crackers

photos.demandstudios.com%2Fgetty%2Farticle%2F251%2F103%2F57593319_XS.jpg

A water cracker Photo Credit Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images
Eating table water crackers -- thin, dry crackers made with flour and water that have a crispy texture -- effectively cleanses the palate of almost any flavor. A research study, "Efficacy of Various Palate Cleansers with Representative Foods" published in the February 2009 journal "Chemosensory Perception," indicates that table water crackers successfully cleansed the palate of test subjects of all flavors, including sweet, bitter, fatty, astringent, hot/spicy, cooling and non-lingering. It was the only palate cleanser in the study that cleared the taste buds of all tested flavors. You can buy table water crackers in the cracker aisle of your grocery store or make them at home.

Wow! 10 weeks? That must have driven you insane! I hope you vape all the juices u weren't crazy about during the time :p that way u wouldn't taste them even if u hated them and you wouldn't let them go to waste.
It's still driving me nuts! Getting better though, I can at least distinguish sweet tastes, I get the sweetness from caramel types but not the caramel flavour, everything else just tastes like steam. The only flavour that I've really tasted was Zodiac Mango, and wow what a juice!

It's still driving me nuts! Getting better though, I can at least distinguish sweet tastes, I get the sweetness from caramel types but not the caramel flavour, everything else just tastes like steam. The only flavour that I've really tasted was Zodiac Mango, and wow what a juice!
Maybe stay on the look out for a fireball e juice :D it could give the buds a nice wake up call :p

In all seriousness, hope your taste comes back ASAP. So many juices to try, so little time. And vapers tongue wastes that precious time!

Pulling out my tongue and using the gentle cycle in the washing machine does a good job.

P.S. Don't use fabric softener. Or bleach.

But seriously...
Table Water Crackers

photos.demandstudios.com%2Fgetty%2Farticle%2F251%2F103%2F57593319_XS.jpg

A water cracker Photo Credit Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images
Eating table water crackers -- thin, dry crackers made with flour and water that have a crispy texture -- effectively cleanses the palate of almost any flavor. A research study, "Efficacy of Various Palate Cleansers with Representative Foods" published in the February 2009 journal "Chemosensory Perception," indicates that table water crackers successfully cleansed the palate of test subjects of all flavors, including sweet, bitter, fatty, astringent, hot/spicy, cooling and non-lingering. It was the only palate cleanser in the study that cleared the taste buds of all tested flavors. You can buy table water crackers in the cracker aisle of your grocery store or make them at home.
Adding this to my list of things to try, thanks :)

My mom also suggested that it may be low electrolytes, something to do with sodium receptors and nerve endings or something. Tried knocking back a couple bottles of powerade, no effect. Next up going to try some Rehydrate sachets.

Adding this to my list of things to try, thanks :)

My mom also suggested that it may be low electrolytes, something to do with sodium receptors and nerve endings or something. Tried knocking back a couple bottles of powerade, no effect. Next up going to try some Rehydrate sachets.

Don't know if this applies to you specifically, but reducing your caffeine intake could also help with overall dehydration (which is to my understanding, one of the base causes of vaper's mouth/tongue).
As a diuretic, caffeine severely reduces your body's ability to absorb fluids.

Could help to switch to tea/something else for a few days as your beverage of choice.

Don't know if this applies to you specifically, but reducing your caffeine intake could also help with overall dehydration (which is to my understanding, one of the base causes of vaper's mouth/tongue).

Yip this could certainly be an issue!

water water water hydration hydration hydration

Glycerine drys the nasal passages and you cannot detect flavours with out moisture in your nose, Vapers tongue actually has nothing to do with the tongue, its all about the Olfactory senses in the nasal passage.
Your tongue is used to perceive bitter, sour, salt and lastly sweet. Your nose gives you the break down of the flavour/taste(this is why you cant taste food when you get sick, no nose)

image007.jpg

As @Alex mentioned the smell of coffee is supposed to instantly reset the olfactory cells. Although I personally have not noticed improvements from coffee.
If water is not working for me I mix 2 tbl spoons of kosher salt to 1.5 to 2lt of luke warm- warm tap water and flush my nose out with it :)
Sounds horrible but really works, the salt takes the sting out so you dont even notice water in there but once you are done and can breathe :) wow

Watercrackers are good between wines or beers ;D for scrubbing the particles out your mouth.
With vaping you are putting those flavours through your nose, I wonder if i could get a water cracker up my nose :D

My water consumption has increased significantly, never drank the stuff, maybe a glass or two a week, but for the last 2 months I've been drinking 2 to 3 litres per day and enjoying it. Coke intake is now almost nil, coffee is down to 1 or 2 cups per day and switched from Douw Egberts pure indulgence to Ricoffee, also tried Chinese green tea for a whole week.

My water consumption has increased significantly, never drank the stuff, maybe a glass or two a week, but for the last 2 months I've been drinking 2 to 3 litres per day and enjoying it. Coke intake is now almost nil, coffee is down to 1 or 2 cups per day and switched from Douw Egberts pure indulgence to Ricoffee, also tried Chinese green tea for a whole week.

That's almost way too much health for my body to absorb all at once...

I'm still heavy on the coffee, but twice per week now, i drink Rooibos tea for the day - just to relax the body a bit.

I mean jeeeeez... i only just got off the stinkies 3 weeks ago!

I drink at least 2 litres of water a day, 95% of it in the guise of espresso. :D

Back