Throat hit question

PrinceVlad

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

So last week I got a new setup with the Smok Baby Beast tank. I also have the original Avocado.

I have used different juices in both of them. In the week I had it I had Pancakez, Choc Fudge Brownie and Peanut brittle in both, but it seems as if the Baby Beast gives a throat hit and the Avo does not.

Is there some reason for this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that as I make my coils ohm out lower, the throat hit does go up a little.
Could be that the build in the Avo ohms higher than those 0.15ohm coils in the baby beast??

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I have noticed that as I make my coils ohm out lower, the throat hit does go up a little.
Could be that the build in the Avo ohms higher than those 0.15ohm coils in the baby beast??

Have been using the 0.4ohm in the Baby Beast and the Avo is reading at 0.6ohm. So I doubt it is that. I have now taken off the Baby Beast and put on the Crown so I will try the same juice in that.

Does the same juice have a different hit in the two different attys?

Does the same juice have a different hit in the two different attys?

Exactly. In the Avo it is smooth but the throat hit comes in the Baby Beast

So many factors play a role. Nicotine strength first, then airflow, position of the coils, type of coil, type of wire, drip tip length and bore size, power, juice composition, etcetera.

Are you single coiling the avo? The Baby Beast is a parallel coil if it's stock coils so it produces quite a bit of vapour which in turn could give more throat hit.

I agree with Andre @PrinceVlad
So many factors
If the same juice gives a different level of throat hit its most likely the coil, the airflow and the overall design of the atty.

What strength juice are you using?
And are you looking for more throat hit or less throat hit?

How old is the coil in the baby beast. Do you get this strong hit on a fresh coil in the baby beast. I've noticed that when the coil is a bit gunked up you will notice more throat hit. Slight Hot spots on the coil can also coz throat hit because the cotton is burning, so you do not get a full on burnt hit.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

I noticed the same.. I got myself a v8 stick with the big baby on and it just leaves my throat #rekt

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

That's my process of thought as well.
Bigger clouds from the Lil Beast plus
Same nic strenght = throat hit

Back