Times Have Changed - Twisp Aero - A review!

And what about quality, does the Ego-One has any common problems like with connection between battery and atomizer?

And what about quality, does the Ego-One has any common problems like with connection between battery and atomizer?
Is done by the same company joytech. Rebranded for twisp . Same quality , same product. Different driptip

Okay thanks, I think i will go with the Ego-One. By the way just curious, does the 2200Mah battery make a difference with the amount of smoke produced or is it just a longer lasting battery?

The price point is just over the top. But I guess their reasons are justified.
I do feel their nicotine levels in the standard liquid range is too high for this device especially in 0.5ohm.

How does the ego one/twisp compare to somtning like an Eleaf with a mAN?

I am looking for something with a bit more kick ;)

How does the ego one/twisp compare to somtning like an Eleaf with a mAN?

I am looking for something with a bit more kick ;)
The Eleaf iStick is variable power, so you can adjust how much kick you want. The Ego does not have this functionality. Although they have build in a sort of constant power delivery, the vape will become weaker the more the battery is discharged.

Hi Daniel, I would also go for the ego as it has a longer battery life, found the twisp kept leaking juice into my mouth which I hated, the ego gives that real throat hit that you would crave

@Baby Blue$ I bought the Twisp Aero with bigger battery so my battery life is excellent although I am experiencing liquid getting into my mouth. Throat hit is good on mine though.

I purchased the Ego ONE from VapeMOB and the 2200Mah battery but unfortunately there was no stock of the bigger tank, so this I purchased from the TWISP store and now have the eGo ONE 2200Mah battery with a TWISP tank, took the mouthpiece off and still using the original eGo ONE "plastic" wide bore mouthpiece.
Very impressed with this device with the 0.5 ohm coil, vapour is excellent and taste is exceptional, also fits nicely into my suit top pocket.
Started my vaping journey with TWISP and will always be thankful to them, service from TWISP in Tokai has always been excellent and friendly.

@DarkSide I also buy a lot of twisp devices, from the very first neo to the latest aero. Now after looking at other devices in the market and their feautures, I don't think I'll pay too much attention to getting any Twisp devices. Although I love twisp warranty and after sales. But for the same price you can get other better devices like the Kangertech Subbox, heatinvader mini, Eleaf, and if you into drip smoking and a cloud chaser than the Sigelei 150w all these devices are under R1500 but if you have a little extra then the Reosmod will be an option and I can assure you that it will be the best +-R2500 ever spent. And if you felling sceptical try BC Box mod, it has a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm interested in the twisp aero. I just wanted to find out can I use a 0.5ohm coil on it with the 1100mAh battery and what's the difference between 1ohm and 0.5? Reason why I want to buy another twisp is that u don't want something very big that will fill my pocket I'm looking for something simple and easy. Also will I be able to us a rba coil on the twisp device? Thanks

Hi guys. I'm interested in the twisp aero. I just wanted to find out can I use a 0.5ohm coil on it with the 1100mAh battery and what's the difference between 1ohm and 0.5? Reason why I want to buy another twisp is that u don't want something very big that will fill my pocket I'm looking for something simple and easy. Also will I be able to us a rba coil on the twisp device? Thanks
Yes you can use the 0.5 ohm coil on the device. Difference between the two is that the 0.5ohm burn faster so you will be getting more vapor but battery will deplete faster. The twisp aero is compatible with the Ego One parts. There is no RBA base for the twisp aero however there is an Ego one CLR head which can be rebuilt and is compatible with the twisp. I've had the twisp aero, device definitely wasn't for me, gurgled a lot and honestly I hated it. It's R900, I would suggest you go for the subox mini, it's a few hundred rands more but definitely worth the extra. It comes with a RBA base so building is very easy and you can adjust wattage so that's definitely a huge plus. Either take the subox mini or if you need size than the Ego one or ego one mini is a better choice since its exactly the same just cheaper.

Thanks @daniel craig the reason why I'm so convinced in buying a twisp aero is that I've been happy with the clearo and when I decided to get an aspire nautilus I wasn't so happy first of all it was big and second it just didn't give me that vape that the twisp gave me. Now I'm back to smoking cigarettes and I'm really unhappy because I've used the twisp and was off smokes for more than 6 weeks and as soon as I got the aspire I wasn't very happy with the vape I used it rarely and then stopped completely I even tried using the twisp liquid but it was still bad so I lm not sure which way to go hope the guys on the forum can shed some light as I'm smoking almost a pack a day

Thanks @daniel craig the reason why I'm so convinced in buying a twisp aero is that I've been happy with the clearo and when I decided to get an aspire nautilus I wasn't so happy first of all it was big and second it just didn't give me that vape that the twisp gave me. Now I'm back to smoking cigarettes and I'm really unhappy because I've used the twisp and was off smokes for more than 6 weeks and as soon as I got the aspire I wasn't very happy with the vape I used it rarely and then stopped completely I even tried using the twisp liquid but it was still bad so I lm not sure which way to go hope the guys on the forum can shed some light as I'm smoking almost a pack a day
The aero and the clearo are completely different... I have and tried every device twisp ever made besides the solo because it's not exactly the type of device I would want. You see, if you use the twisp liquid which is 18mg on the aero the hit is super strong and twisp doesn't have liquids below 18mg. The subox mini is an excellent beginner device, easy to use etc. On the twisp aero I had it for about 2-3 months and then I just couldn't take it anymore but don't get me wrong flavor was good but couldn't use the twisp liquids at all because you'll need iron lungs for that. Some of my mods include the iJust 2, subox mini, Evic VT and couple other mods. From these devices I would highly recommend either the subox mini or evic VT (There's an Evic VTC mini which is coming out).... the reson I highly recommend the Subox mini is because you can rebuild the coils (Much easier than rebuilding the CLR) the flavor on the subtank mini is a million times better than the Aero and the Ego one mega (evic tank) you can adjust wattage, external batteries so you can charge one and vape on another.... now the only problem that you might have is that the subox is not TC so always keep your liquid levels above the juice holes on the coil so you don't get a dry hit. Now if you go the Evic way, make sure you get the new updated version or the VTC mini. These mods are TC so no dry hits ever but you lose out on flavor and building is harder compared to the subox mini. With these devices your whole world of vaping changes. They are much better in my honest opinion.

The aero and the clearo are completely different... I have and tried every device twisp ever made besides the solo because it's not exactly the type of device I would want. You see, if you use the twisp liquid which is 18mg on the aero the hit is super strong and twisp doesn't have liquids below 18mg. The subox mini is an excellent beginner device, easy to use etc. On the twisp aero I had it for about 2-3 months and then I just couldn't take it anymore but don't get me wrong flavor was good but couldn't use the twisp liquids at all because you'll need iron lungs for that. Some of my mods include the iJust 2, subox mini, Evic VT and couple other mods. From these devices I would highly recommend either the subox mini or evic VT (There's an Evic VTC mini which is coming out).... the reson I highly recommend the Subox mini is because you can rebuild the coils (Much easier than rebuilding the CLR) the flavor on the subtank mini is a million times better than the Aero and the Ego one mega (evic tank) you can adjust wattage, external batteries so you can charge one and vape on another.... now the only problem that you might have is that the subox is not TC so always keep your liquid levels above the juice holes on the coil so you don't get a dry hit. Now if you go the Evic way, make sure you get the new updated version or the VTC mini. These mods are TC so no dry hits ever but you lose out on flavor and building is harder compared to the subox mini. With these devices your whole world of vaping changes. They are much better in my honest opinion.
If you want a TC mod consider the Evic VT or VTC mini and use a goblin mini or TFV4 or billow v2 but these tanks are above R450 but these will give you excellent flavor and easy to build on.

And by the way what problems did you experience with the nautilus and on what device?

The Aero and the Ego One are exactly the same. The latter is just quite a bit cheaper. The vape on the Aero/Ego One is good, but there are reports of a bit of leaking via the air holes. If you can live with that - a good device and nice and small. Twisp juices, however, are quite expensive. Have a look at our supporting vendors for awesome juices at great price points. I know www.sirvape.co.za is in your area as is www.thepuffstation.co.za.

@raihaan just be aware, the Twisp is just an Ego One which has been rebranded. Do a bit of googling, you can get exactly the same thing for around half the price.

The VTC mini might be a good option for the same money - it's a lot more future proof if you ever look at upgrading (and it has access to safer, temperature controlled coils)

The Aero and the Ego One are exactly the same. The latter is just quite a bit cheaper. The vape on the Aero/Ego One is good, but there are reports of a bit of leaking via the air holes. If you can live with that - a good device and nice and small. Twisp juices, however, are quite expensive. Have a look at our supporting vendors for awesome juices at great price points. I know www.sirvape.co.za is in your area as is www.thepuffstation.co.za.
I did experience leaking through airholes and gurgling.... a lot of gurgling.

@daniel craig and all the guys I really appreciate all the help u guys have given me I think I will go for the sub Box mini

Also @daniel craig I had the aspire nautilus mini with the Ijust d-16

@daniel craig and all the guys I really appreciate all the help u guys have given me I think I will go for the sub Box mini

Also @daniel craig I had the aspire nautilus mini with the Ijust d-16
And when you do get the device start between 6-12mg juices as they are quite strong. There's many vendors in KZN you can buy from or you can buy online from JHB

Back