TWISP CUE | PRODUCT OVERVIEW

It's the closest you can get to a cigarette in my experience, especially when it comes to inhail and throat hit... plus the pod system is as easy as it gets ... not everyone wants to worry about coils, carry bottles around and then unscrew lids to squeeze or drop liquid in (vaping failed on both my parents because of this) but they have taken to the cue quite well

@Smoke_A_Llama So is the Cue the only pod system in the Twisp range then? If so, I can quite understand why people go nuts over it. I sometimes use another device which also works with a pod (won't mention the name in this thread) and yes, it is much easier to carry a refill with you when you're out and about, than a bottle of juice.

Y
@Smoke_A_Llama So is the Cue the only pod system in the Twisp range then? If so, I can quite understand why people go nuts over it. I sometimes use another device which also works with a pod (won't mention the name in this thread) and yes, it is much easier to carry a refill with you when you're out and about, than a bottle of juice.
Yes, also i don't know if it's coincidence or planned but the pods cost about the same as a packet of smokes which leads to less adjusting because people get into the habit of spending that daily for cigarettes .. instead of the usual R3 - R5 per ml of juice which to a non or very new vaper might seem slightly excessive

I've been following this thread with interest, although I don't have a Cue. Some peeps have read about the current problems with the Cue pods, yet still went and bought a Cue. There are other Twisp devices, so why knowingly buy something which has a good chance, judging by the comments in this thread, of being faulty? I can only assume that the Cue must be so special that people are willing to take a chance. If anyone can enlighten me I'd be most interested.

Thanks @Faraaz. I am very confident that you will continue to enjoy your Cue for a long time to come. The great thing about the Cue's design is that any improvements we make to the pods will be backwardly compatible with you batteries. So it's just a question of buying new pods and and it's like getting a new device. We have already made changes to the material and the transparency thereof, so it is easier to gauge the liquid level.

The Cue is a very special device @Hooked. We had been tracking the developments of pod systems for a long time because we knew it would make the perfect device for helping smokers get off cigarettes. Small form factor was critical because the size of some devices can put smokers off, being used to a small thin cigarette. Next ease of use and simplicity - what can be simpler than taking a cigarette out and lighting it, right? So we knew it had to be simple, no buttons, no airflow control. Then it had to work with a pod - no filling - no changing coils - no worrying about how long the coil is going to last! With a pod, the coil is designed to only be able to vape the 2ml of liquid contained in the pod (which is why trying to refill it makes no sense), so once your liquid is used up you replace the pod. You essentially have a new coil for every 2ml of liquid you consume and you never have to worry about burnt coils.

In 2015 we already started working on a closed pod system and got to prototype stages. But we abandoned it because it wasn't good enough. We knew that it was going to be such an important product that we had to get it right. So we kept at it. We saw many similar devices come out and tested them all, but we were never satisfied with the performance. It needed to really provide great flavour and nicotine hit, and it needed to be enduring. What makes the Cue special, and different from the others, is that it uses a very high tech atomizer. It has a ceramic wick (no cotton) and a top secret atomizer that achieves extremely fine atomization of the liquid. The more microscopic the vapour particles and atomization of the nicotine is, the more effective it is at nicotine delivery. This is what gives the Cue its great flavour and nicotine hit. Other devices need to really increase the nicotine quantity to extremely high levels such as 50-60 mg/ml to attain any significant hit from such a tiny atomizer. This is why they use nic salts, to try and soften the harshness that would accompany such high levels. We don't need to. It is unique amongst the competition.

I'll keep you guys posted ...

PS: We've heard amazing stories of gifting Cue to older family members smoking up to 60 a day and having breathing problems or low blood oxygen levels and having them quit straight up and see those issue disappear in weeks. It's great to hear. It's also really great that the vapers amongst you are enjoying it as a backup device. :) Keep off the stinkies!

Thanks @Faraaz. I am very confident that you will continue to enjoy your Cue for a long time to come. The great thing about the Cue's design is that any improvements we make to the pods will be backwardly compatible with you batteries. So it's just a question of buying new pods and and it's like getting a new device. We have already made changes to the material and the transparency thereof, so it is easier to gauge the liquid level.

The Cue is a very special device @Hooked. We had been tracking the developments of pod systems for a long time because we knew it would make the perfect device for helping smokers get off cigarettes. Small form factor was critical because the size of some devices can put smokers off, being used to a small thin cigarette. Next ease of use and simplicity - what can be simpler than taking a cigarette out and lighting it, right? So we knew it had to be simple, no buttons, no airflow control. Then it had to work with a pod - no filling - no changing coils - no worrying about how long the coil is going to last! With a pod, the coil is designed to only be able to vape the 2ml of liquid contained in the pod (which is why trying to refill it makes no sense), so once your liquid is used up you replace the pod. You essentially have a new coil for every 2ml of liquid you consume and you never have to worry about burnt coils.

In 2015 we already started working on a closed pod system and got to prototype stages. But we abandoned it because it wasn't good enough. We knew that it was going to be such an important product that we had to get it right. So we kept at it. We saw many similar devices come out and tested them all, but we were never satisfied with the performance. It needed to really provide great flavour and nicotine hit, and it needed to be enduring. What makes the Cue special, and different from the others, is that it uses a very high tech atomizer. It has a ceramic wick (no cotton) and a top secret atomizer that achieves extremely fine atomization of the liquid. The more microscopic the vapour particles and atomization of the nicotine is, the more effective it is at nicotine delivery. This is what gives the Cue its great flavour and nicotine hit. Other devices need to really increase the nicotine quantity to extremely high levels such as 50-60 mg/ml to attain any significant hit from such a tiny atomizer. This is why they use nic salts, to try and soften the harshness that would accompany such high levels. We don't need to. It is unique amongst the competition.

I'll keep you guys posted ...

@Mic Lazzari Thank you so much for your comprehensive reply - much appreciated. My friend's Mom would like to give up smoking and she's tried vaping with e-liquids but didn't like it. I would like to recommend the Cue to her but I know that if she gets a leaking pod that will put her off Cue forever. @HPBotha might be able to answer the following question. If she orders pods directly from the Twisp website, will these be the new pods which don't leak? I wouldn't want her to buy pods from a kiosk, as they will probably be trying to get rid of old stock.

Just hang on a little bit. I will keep you posted on this forum as soon as I can.

I've been following this thread with interest, although I don't have a Cue. Some peeps have read about the current problems with the Cue pods, yet still went and bought a Cue. There are other Twisp devices, so why knowingly buy something which has a good chance, judging by the comments in this thread, of being faulty? I can only assume that the Cue must be so special that people are willing to take a chance. If anyone can enlighten me I'd be most interested.
The juice in the cue is something special.accompanied with the draw and no button operation its a demon killer.the problem is.you don't get that liquid sold seperately and if its out of the pod due to leaking it it useless.
So back to the explanation...many people smoke and many used to smoke.some people are addicted to nicotine and some are not.those few individuals are addicted to something else I'm the stinkies that's why quitting with patches and nicotine replacement therapy doesn't work for them.
Now the cue mimics that stinkies draw and hit but not 100℅ but its good enough to make you feel as if you just had a light to mild cigarette

Sent from my VF-696 using Tapatalk

The juice in the cue is something special.accompanied with the draw and no button operation its a demon killer.the problem is.you don't get that liquid sold seperately and if its out of the pod due to leaking it it useless.
So back to the explanation...many people smoke and many used to smoke.some people are addicted to nicotine and some are not.those few individuals are addicted to something else I'm the stinkies that's why quitting with patches and nicotine replacement therapy doesn't work for them.
Now the cue mimics that stinkies draw and hit but not 100℅ but its good enough to make you feel as if you just had a light to mild cigarette

I forgot to add that I quit within a weekend with the que.and that is the only thing that very worked out of all the decided avIlable.
I still got two cues waiting for the new pods and new flavours but until then I got 18mg rebel and blue berry...not the same as the cue but that's where my imagination comes in

I forgot to add that I quit within a weekend with the que.and that is the only thing that very worked out of all the decided avIlable.
I still got two cues waiting for the new pods and new flavours but until then I got 18mg rebel and blue berry...not the same as the cue but that's where my imagination comes in

Sorry this auto pilot on this fone.
I quit within a weekend with the cue and is the only thing that ever worked out of all the devices available

Thanks @Mic Lazzari for arranging me to test the new pods.

I went to pick them up today.My Kiosk received the new pods last week they said.

I can see they changed the airflow slightly and one can see in the pods now if you hold it up in the air.Juice also visible through the drip tip.

I just starting testing it.Will update on leaking after I spend some time with it today.

But they do look better out of the Box,or the first one I opened so far.

20180221_093243.jpg
IMG-20180221-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20180221-WA0004.jpeg

Glad to hear guys. ;-)
Note that the sides no longer have an exposed clip hole.
We should hopefully be posting soon with regards to all the design upgrades.
In the meantime, test, enjoy and let us know what you think.

Absolutely loving my cue!

Its a great setup for driving, and an easy carry to meetings and shoots :D

Now all i need is for Nut Brittle to come out in a pod version!

If we can now just get these pods at better prices I really think that this will be one of the best products for starters and discreet vapers on the market.

No condensation and mine is always left on the side,still no leaking.

Hi @SAVapeGear

Thanks for this info. Could you please check out the rebel pods... I don't have a leaking issue with the new pods, but, when the pod reaches the halfway mark (more or less), it seems to burn and taste quite awful. I never had this issue with the old leaking pods though. I had 8 of the new rebel pods, all the same.

Thanks

Hi @SAVapeGear

Thanks for this info. Could you please check out the rebel pods... I don't have a leaking issue with the new pods, but, when the pod reaches the halfway mark (more or less), it seems to burn and taste quite awful. I never had this issue with the old leaking pods though. I had 8 of the new rebel pods, all the same.

Thanks
Will do and report back once I get to the Rebel Pod.

I would like to thank @Mic Lazzari for arranging new PODS for me in light of the previous ones having leaked. I appreciate it and will provide feedback.

Hi @SAVapeGear

Thanks

Have noticed that with one of our very heavy users (nicotine "nazi" ;-)), that drag a lot on the Cue, sometimes a bubble can form by the coil. This can reduce the effectiveness of the wicking in the short term. Usually when you take a few drags then leave the device for a while (as intended - because of the higher nic), this sorts itself out. You can try tapping the cue on the back of your hand or a table surface to dislodge the bubble and have the wicking resume faster ..... but this is was not a problem in our testing.

Back