Uwell SE-1 Sub Ohm Tank

And I forgot to mention, I only vape dessert flavors. I think fruity and menthol flavors would be happier at a lower wattage, probably 10w less.

@Baker you are quite correct. I vape my SE1 0.5 coils at around 45W with my fruit flavours. Now in comparison to the Crown 1 tank, they are quite close. I can't comment on the original stock coils since I'm using CoilArt CTUL coils. With these coils, the crown 1 has resurfaced and I used it as a main driver for a very long time since not much else could top that for me.

I still need to test out a proper RDA but I'm way too scared to drop such a large sum of cash on something I can't use. I've got a Petri RDA clone and a mutation x5 clone but have not yet been able to get the flavour that I get from my crown.

Thanks Jake, want this so bad I might have to settle on black. Don't know why but black tanks just don't do it for me on any of my current mods.

Order placed.Let's hope it lives up to my trusted V1,that has been in operation for a very long time and still going strong.

Please let us know @SAVapeGear, it's because of you that I have 3 Crown V1s, I know you're an expert with the V1 so your opinion will be very highly regarded.

@Baker I've imported some CoilArt CTUL coils for my crown V1's and they're still kicking it up vs my new SE-1. The SE-1 has amazing airflow so it's my out and about tank then when I get home I put on my trusty V1. The V1's are tanks that have truly stood the test of time for me.

The only thing that has me a bit iffy about the SE-1 is that sometimes the coils dont read. Now I've seen that they dont completely screw into the tank and then the airflow part doesn't make contact with the pin at the bottom. I've worked around this by pulling it out slightly and then screwing it in. It kinda works but every now and then I have to do it again.

Last edited:
@therazia, thanks, that's similar to the way i feel about the Crown 1 vs the Crown 2. Uwell obviously make coils that produce outstanding flavor (I'm assuming the CoilArt coils are on par with Uwell's), and I suspect what makes the flavor just a tad more intense in the V1 is the narrower chimney. This is why I'm looking forward to the D1 - it looks like it has an even narrower chimney than the V1, so assuming Uwell use the same magic they use in their other coils, I suspect the narrower chimney might make it the first tank to beat the V1 for flavor.

I'm going to get an SE-1 because I expect it to have it's own perfect time for use, just like the Crown 2. I love the airflow on the Crown 2 and when I want a tad more clouds than the V1, the Crown 2 wins. The difference in flavor is also just a tad, so whatever juice i find just a bit too sweet in the V1, works perfectly in the Crown 2. I'm expecting the SE-1 to be similar, with even more airflow. And at those prices it's an absolute steal at @Throat Punch! Must have that matte black color, it'll look perfect on the black Minikin V2!

Just received my Crown SE1

Thanks very much @Throat Punch

I am always running my crowns in TC mode because of the SS316 coils.Still breaking in the coil.(As you crown lovers know.This take some time and is very important to break it in slowly and properly.This will increase coil life)

Will report back after a day or so.

Attachments

• 20170216_173951.jpg
    20170216_173951.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 10

I am always running my crowns in TC mode because of the SS316 coils.Still breaking in the coil.(As you crown lovers know.This take some time and is very important to break it in slowly and properly.This will increase coil life)

That setup looks amazing! And you are very welcome @SAVapeGear. Always a pleasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting, because when I bought my first Crown V1 from you, you were the one who guided me to the higher wattages these coils need.

I've never tried TC mode. What benefits do u find with TC mode and what temperature do u vape at?

It depends on what mod you run it. Only Yihi and DNA chips work properly with the crown coils. I run at 45J and 250c or 45w and 250c

With the 0.5ohm coils.

I don't use the 0.25ohm coils.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've got a Therion so I'll try it. Is there a difference in flavor?

I've got a Therion so I'll try it. Is there a difference in flavor?
Try it and see for yourself.You can play with the temp to get your perfect temp for the juice you vape.

All what I have noticed is,when you want to run tc on a coil,start with a fresh coil.

You don't get the same experience when switched from a used coil to tc mode.

I am only talking about the SS316 coils and not the nickel coils.

OK.After spending some time with the SE1........

Flavor is on par with the V1.

You do have more airflow on the SE1.Actually to much.I run mine halfway closed.

Draw on the V1 is smoother for me.

They are very similar.

The V1 is really hard to beat,and I don't think it is possible.

But they had to find away to generate more sales.

So Uwell have another winner,but if you have a V1 and is happy with it,not really necessary to get the SE1 unless you are looking for a 24mm atty with a different look.

But for the price it is a steal and a winner !!!

My tests are based on the 0.5 ohm coils.

They are very similar.

So Uwell have another winner,but if you have a V1 and is happy with it,not really necessary to get the SE1 unless you are looking for a 24mm atty with a different look.

O,and my V1 is the one with the bigger airflow and not the ones with the smaller airflow.

Thanks @SAVa

They are very similar.

Thanks, that's enough to confirm I have to get an SE-1, on par flavor with a different look and in matte black :campeon:

Back