Vape bands are so.....2016?

I use vape bands on most of my tanks

Think i have only broken a glass once - but then again i have been using the bands, so maybe that has helped.

I just dont like very thick bands because then you cant see the juice level easily

Am quite careful with my vape gear. Havent dropped a device onto the floor in quite a while. I do occasionally knock it over when its standing on a desk but it just falls flat on the desk and nothing breaks (touch wood)

I dropped my Reo once onto the tiles and the only thing that broke was the drip tip - luckily it was one of the standard delrin ones and i had a replacement.

Am also not a big fan of the statements on the vape bands - barring one or two

Would like it if there were more colours and they were on the thinner side and plain

I've never liked the look of vape bands, and especially not the ones with words as none of them accurately reflect my personality (I haven't yet found one that says "**** off" or "I :h: Beer", something witty you know? :-D).

However I do keep one on my Murdered out Subox + Subtank setup, a black one with white stars outlined on it. And for no other reason than I think it suits the setup.

I'm very careful about my kit, and the only glass I've broken was on a Cerabis and done intentionally.

Wow, I'm all over the place here! In short I think they look crappy and are unnecessary for me (barring one or two).

Interesting thread @Waine !

Vaping-wise, I only use vape bands as gripping aids for disassembling tanks (especially on tanks where people forget to pre-lube orings prior to assembly).

The best use I have for 18mm vapebands is to secure my compact memory sticks:-D:
memband.JPG
...fits nice and snug

Back