Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper

1000051567.jpg

Travel Budy is getting ready to board the flight. He is still worried about those pesky customs officers, but I have a feeling he is going to make it all the way.

"Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper" appears to be a captivating and intriguing title that suggests a journey through the world of vaping with a touch of wanderlust. The use of "Chronicles" hints at a narrative style, perhaps unfolding various experiences and discoveries related to vaping. The term "Wanderlust Vaper" adds an element of exploration and adventure, suggesting a vaper who is not just satisfied with the conventional but seeks novel and diverse vaping experiences. Overall, this title sparks curiosity and promises a unique storytelling approach within the world of vaping.
Thank you, ChatGPT.

Touchdown in Addis Ababa! Thrilled to share the good news – sailed through customs with my Travel Buddy intact. The inaugural puff of peppermint crisp tart on Ethiopian soil? Pure bliss. Keeping it short as fatigue sets in. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the adventure. Stay tuned for more updates! #VapeExplorer #PeppermintCrispTartOnTour

Embarking on the vibrant streets of Addis Ababa for my inaugural day in Ethiopia was a fascinating experience. The hustle and bustle of the city engulfed me as curious children approached, attempting to sell me cigarettes – a stark reminder of the prevalence of traditional smoking in this part of the world.

1000051747.jpg

Undeterred, I navigated the labyrinthine alleys, fueled by my mission to discover local vape shops. However, my encounters were marked by the elusive nature of these shops, as the ones I located on Google Maps seemed to vanish upon arrival.

The act of vaping itself became a spectacle, drawing bewildered stares from passersby who, perhaps, had never witnessed clouds of vapor before. Amidst the urban symphony, two women even vocalized their disapproval, reacting as though the harmless plumes were akin to emitting poisonous gas.

In an unexpected turn, a homeless woman approached, earnestly pleading for my Travel Buddy. Her proposition took an even stranger twist when she offered a dead disposable vape in exchange for my cherished device. It was a surreal moment, highlighting the diversity of reactions to vaping in this unfamiliar setting.

Now back at the hotel, I reflect on the day's adventures. A quick shower, dinner, and some One Piece on Netflix await me. Tomorrow, the quest for an authentic Ethiopian vape shop continues – an odyssey filled with cultural nuances and unexpected encounters. #AddisAbabaDiaries #VapingExploration

Awwww @that homeless lady. :h: Reminds me of the time I met an Uzbek mime outside a Moscow metro and we started chatting. Would it be okay if I posted the photo with her here?

"Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper" sounds like a captivating journey into the world of vaping, combining the allure of wanderlust with the unique subculture of vaping. This intriguing title suggests a narrative that goes beyond the conventional exploration of vaping, delving into the experiences and adventures of a vaper with a wanderlust spirit. The blend of these two elements promises a narrative that is not only informative about the vaping culture but also immersive and potentially inspiring for those with a passion for exploration. It seems like a promising tale that could offer a fresh perspective on the diverse and evolving world of vaping.

Please do. This thread is a place for all travelers to share their stories.
Awwww @that homeless lady. :h: Reminds me of the time I met an Uzbek mime outside a Moscow metro and we started chatting. Would it be okay if I posted the photo with her her

"Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper" sounds like a captivating journey into the world of vaping, combining the allure of wanderlust with the unique subculture of vaping. This intriguing title suggests a narrative that goes beyond the conventional exploration of vaping, delving into the experiences and adventures of a vaper with a wanderlust spirit. The blend of these two elements promises a narrative that is not only informative about the vaping culture but also immersive and potentially inspiring for those with a passion for exploration. It seems like a promising tale that could offer a fresh perspective on the diverse and evolving world of vaping.
Thanks again ChatGPT. Super insightful post. My brain is now over flowing with knowledge.

Exploring Addis Ababa: Day 2

Greetings from Ethiopia! Today marked my second day in Addis Ababa, and the adventure continues. The weather was a bit cooler, with traces of rain from the night before. Undeterred, I set out in search of a local vape shop, hoping to uncover hidden gems or unique finds.

1000051874.jpg

However, the quest proved challenging, as the vape shop I discovered on Instagram is currently closed for renovations. While they offered delivery, the mystery of their current stock remained unsolved. Nevertheless, my search is not solely about making purchases; it's also about capturing the essence of the local vape scene, perhaps stumbling upon exclusive juices or distinctive mods.

In between my vape shop exploration, I visited Bab Al'Yemen, a delightful restaurant serving authentic traditional Ethiopian food and coffee. Embracing the local custom, I dined with my hands from a communal plate – an experience that involved sharing and, surprisingly, double-dipping.
And yes, the Old Goat ate Goat meat.

1000051836.jpg

Back at the hotel, sipping on a semi-cold beer (the locals have a different take on cold drinks), I reflect on the day's adventures. Admin tasks and this post fill my evening, and while my hope of finding a vape shop is dwindling, I remain optimistic as I plan to explore new parts of the city tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more updates from the heart of Addis Ababa! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @Old_Goat_82 #EthiopianAdventure #VapeQuest

Last edited:
Exploring Addis Ababa: Day 2

Greetings from Ethiopia! Today marked my second day in Addis Ababa, and the adventure continues. The weather was a bit cooler, with traces of rain from the night before. Undeterred, I set out in search of a local vape shop, hoping to uncover hidden gems or unique finds.

View attachment 284493

However, the quest proved challenging, as the vape shop I discovered on Instagram is currently closed for renovations. While they offered delivery, the mystery of their current stock remained unsolved. Nevertheless, my search is not solely about making purchases; it's also about capturing the essence of the local vape scene, perhaps stumbling upon exclusive juices or distinctive mods.

In between my vape shop exploration, I visited Bab Al'Yemen, a delightful restaurant serving authentic traditional Ethiopian food and coffee. Embracing the local custom, I dined with my hands from a communal plate – an experience that involved sharing and, surprisingly, double-dipping.
And yes, the Old Goat ate Goat meat.

View attachment 284494

Back at the hotel, sipping on a semi-cold beer (the locals have a different take on cold drinks), I reflect on the day's adventures. Admin tasks and this post fill my evening, and while my hope of finding a vape shop is dwindling, I remain optimistic as I plan to explore new parts of the city tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more updates from the heart of Addis Ababa! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @Old_Goat_82 #EthiopianAdventure #VapeQuest
Everytime I go to Joeys or CT I go to the Ethiopian restaurant just off Longstreet and Maboneng. :h: eating with my hands!

"Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper" appears to be a captivating journey into the world of vaping, combining the allure of wanderlust with the growing subculture of vaping. This title suggests a narrative that goes beyond the mere act of vaping, delving into the experiences and adventures of a wanderlust-infused vaper. It sparks curiosity about the unique stories and encounters that unfold within this subculture. The combination of "Ventures" and "Wanderlust" implies a dynamic exploration, hinting at a narrative that goes beyond the confines of traditional vaping discourse. Whether one is a seasoned vaper or an outsider, this title promises an intriguing and immersive exploration into a world where the passion for vaping intersects with the spirit of wanderlust.

"Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper" appears to be a captivating journey into the world of vaping, combining the allure of wanderlust with the growing subculture of vaping. This title suggests a narrative that goes beyond the mere act of vaping, delving into the experiences and adventures of a wanderlust-infused vaper. It sparks curiosity about the unique stories and encounters that unfold within this subculture. The combination of "Ventures" and "Wanderlust" implies a dynamic exploration, hinting at a narrative that goes beyond the confines of traditional vaping discourse. Whether one is a seasoned vaper or an outsider, this title promises an intriguing and immersive exploration into a world where the passion for vaping intersects with the spirit of wanderlust.
Wow. The same ChatGPT post again.

Adventures in Addis Ababa: Day 3

Greetings from Ethiopia! Today marked my third day in the vibrant city of Addis Ababa, and it brought a mix of surprises and challenges. The elusive quest for a vape shop continued, but alas, the sale of vape products is deemed illegal in Ethiopia. Despite this setback, I stumbled upon an intriguing underground scene – shisha lounges. Considered illegal yet thriving, these hidden gems are tucked away in nightclubs, offering a glimpse into a unique and somewhat forbidden experience.

In an unexpected turn of events, a routine backpack search in a shopping center led to the temporary confiscation of my beloved Travel Buddy. Panic set in, but thanks to a fortunate encounter with a client who happened to oversee security, I was reunited with my trusted companion.

A highlight of the day was an unforgettable dinner experience at Marcus Addis Restaurant & Sky Bar, perched on the 47th floor of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) Headquarters – the tallest building in Addis Ababa. The restaurant blended traditional Ethiopian flavors with a Western twist, offering a culinary journey like no other. The panoramic views of the city from this height were truly unparalleled.

1000051982.jpg
1000051990.jpg
1000051999.jpg

As I wind down at the hotel, savoring a nightcap, I reflect on the day's events. Tomorrow marks my last day in Addis Ababa before embarking on the next leg of my journey to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Stay tuned for more travel tales and discoveries! #EthiopianAdventure #VapeQuest #AddisAbaba

My apologies for the delayed update, fellow vape enthusiasts! The conclusion of my stay in Addis Ababa unfolded with unexpected twists and unique cultural experiences. As my taxi cruised through residential areas, the ambiance was set to familiar South African tunes—Just Jinger, The Black Cat Bones, and the Springbok Nude Girls played, bringing a touch of home to the streets of Ethiopia.

Venturing further into the city, I explored a trendy restaurant where the local tradition of consuming raw meat was revealed, a choice I opted against for the sake of my health. However, I did indulge in the post-meal ritual of arrack, a traditional hard liquor. Additionally, I learned about khat, a leaf with properties reminiscent of a mix of cannabis and psilocybin, adding an intriguing layer to the cultural immersion. Let's be clear, I did not try it. I want to try it at some point, but with this being a business trip, I opted not to partake.

1000052136.jpg
1000052140.jpg

The evening continued at the Sheraton Hotel, treating me to a sushi buffet and unveiling a hidden gem—a nightclub where Ethiopians were spotted vaping! A pleasant surprise in my quest for vape culture in this part of the world.
I somehow managed to get something in my eye but gave it no further thought, until it started getting worse.

1000052226.jpg

Now, let's fast forward to today, and the journey to Dar es Salaam has been nothing short of eventful. My eye, still bloodshot and burning, added a layer of discomfort to the travel experience. Visa hurdles and airport delays further marked the start of the day.

1000052256.jpg

Landing in the warmth of Tanzania, I navigated through rough roads that resembled more of a construction site than a highway. Tanzanian traffic unfolded in all its chaotic glory, with hundreds of motorcycle taxis weaving through bustling streets. The night sky, illuminated by millions of giant bats, added a surreal touch to the Tanzanian vibe.

1000052305.jpg

As I sit back in the comfort of my hotel, Peppermint Crisp Tart in hand, I reflect on the day's adventures. The road to the hotel, an adventure in itself, unfolded as a dusty and bumpy journey. Tanzanian traffic, with its distinct charm, welcomed me to this vibrant country.

Now, in the quiet moments of my room, I still feel the burning sensation in my eye. The discomfort persists, making every word typed a reminder of the day's challenges. Yet, as I unwind, hit my vape, and anticipate the adventures that tomorrow holds, Tanzania has already left a lasting impression! #VapeExplorer #AfricanAdventure #TanzaniaVibes #TravelDiaries

My apologies for the delayed update, fellow vape enthusiasts! The conclusion of my stay in Addis Ababa unfolded with unexpected twists and unique cultural experiences. As my taxi cruised through residential areas, the ambiance was set to familiar South African tunes—Just Jinger, The Black Cat Bones, and the Springbok Nude Girls played, bringing a touch of home to the streets of Ethiopia.

Venturing further into the city, I explored a trendy restaurant where the local tradition of consuming raw meat was revealed, a choice I opted against for the sake of my health. However, I did indulge in the post-meal ritual of arrack, a traditional hard liquor. Additionally, I learned about khat, a leaf with properties reminiscent of a mix of cannabis and psilocybin, adding an intriguing layer to the cultural immersion. Let's be clear, I did not try it. I want to try it at some point, but with this being a business trip, I opted not to partake.

View attachment 284884
View attachment 284885

The evening continued at the Sheraton Hotel, treating me to a sushi buffet and unveiling a hidden gem—a nightclub where Ethiopians were spotted vaping! A pleasant surprise in my quest for vape culture in this part of the world.
I somehow managed to get something in my eye but gave it no further thought, until it started getting worse.

View attachment 284889

Now, let's fast forward to today, and the journey to Dar es Salaam has been nothing short of eventful. My eye, still bloodshot and burning, added a layer of discomfort to the travel experience. Visa hurdles and airport delays further marked the start of the day.

View attachment 284897

Landing in the warmth of Tanzania, I navigated through rough roads that resembled more of a construction site than a highway. Tanzanian traffic unfolded in all its chaotic glory, with hundreds of motorcycle taxis weaving through bustling streets. The night sky, illuminated by millions of giant bats, added a surreal touch to the Tanzanian vibe.

View attachment 284899

As I sit back in the comfort of my hotel, Peppermint Crisp Tart in hand, I reflect on the day's adventures. The road to the hotel, an adventure in itself, unfolded as a dusty and bumpy journey. Tanzanian traffic, with its distinct charm, welcomed me to this vibrant country.

Now, in the quiet moments of my room, I still feel the burning sensation in my eye. The discomfort persists, making every word typed a reminder of the day's challenges. Yet, as I unwind, hit my vape, and anticipate the adventures that tomorrow holds, Tanzania has already left a lasting impression! #VapeExplorer #AfricanAdventure #TanzaniaVibes #TravelDiaries
Have you ever been to the islands?

I hope this message finds you well, vape aficionados. Today marked a rather slow start to my Dar es Salaam adventure, accompanied by unexpected challenges. Both my colleague and I fell victim to a mysterious ailment, leaving us under the weather and preoccupied with a less-than-pleasant focus on the intricacies of diarrhea.

The day unfolded with a tuk-tuk ride that, unfortunately, escalated into a rather unpleasant bout of vomiting. As if that wasn't enough, my eye continues to be a source of discomfort, sparking the circulation of conspiracy theories in our tired and unwell minds.

Despite the setbacks, my determination to explore Dar es Salaam's vaping scene remains unwavering. Unfortunately, due to our current state, the search for a vape shop has been temporarily delayed. Fear not, though, as it's firmly part of my plan for this Tanzanian expedition. Dar es Salaam surely harbors a hidden gem or two in the world of vaping, and I'm eager to uncover them as soon as we regain our health.

Stay tuned for more updates on my journey through Tanzania! #VapeExplorer #DarEsSalaamDiaries #TanzaniaAdventures #TravelIllness

Apologies for the delayed update, folks. My return from Dar es Salaam didn't go as planned. Unfortunately, I fell ill and couldn't explore the vaping scene in Tanzania as I had hoped. Nevertheless, my trusty Travel Buddy kept me company, ensuring I had the flavor and clouds I needed. Despite the setback, I'm already gearing up for another trip to Tanzania later this year, with hopes for a smoother experience. In the meantime, I'm preparing for a journey to Uganda and will keep you posted on all the adventures ahead. Stay tuned!

Apologies for the delayed update, folks. My return from Dar es Salaam didn't go as planned. Unfortunately, I fell ill and couldn't explore the vaping scene in Tanzania as I had hoped. Nevertheless, my trusty Travel Buddy kept me company, ensuring I had the flavor and clouds I needed. Despite the setback, I'm already gearing up for another trip to Tanzania later this year, with hopes for a smoother experience. In the meantime, I'm preparing for a journey to Uganda and will keep you posted on all the adventures ahead. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• tumblr_7c16f1292d183bcfe4c5a3a2bb010bd2_cc32a0ad_400.gif
    tumblr_7c16f1292d183bcfe4c5a3a2bb010bd2_cc32a0ad_400.gif
    701.5 KB · Views: 4
Introducing Wanderlust Fogmaster: The Ultimate Travel Companion! ️

20231221_152658.jpg

Greetings, fellow vape enthusiasts!

Allow me to introduce you to the unsung hero of my travels, the one and only Wanderlust Fogmaster! This remarkable vape setup may have started as a mere bargain find, but its significance has evolved into something far greater—a steadfast companion on my journey through the unpredictable landscapes of life.

Wanderlust Fogmaster isn't just any vape setup; it's a daring stuntman, a clandestine agent of flavour, and a symbol of resilience against the odds. Despite its humble origins, this intrepid device has weathered countless trials and tribulations by my side, from the chaotic hustle of city streets to the tranquil serenity of far-flung destinations.

But what truly sets Wanderlust Fogmaster apart is its indomitable spirit—a spirit forged in the fires of adversity and fueled by the unbreakable bond between traveller and vape. It's more than just a backup plan; it's a silent guardian, a loyal friend, and a constant reminder that even in the face of uncertainty, there's always a glimmer of hope waiting to be discovered.

So, as I embark on yet another chapter of my journey, I do so with Wanderlust Fogmaster by my side, ready to defy the odds, conquer new horizons, and chase clouds wherever they may lead. Together, we'll navigate the highs and lows of adventure, weaving a tapestry of memories that will stand the test of time.

Here's to Wanderlust Fogmaster—the ultimate travel companion, the unsung hero, and the embodiment of resilience in the face of adversity. May our adventures continue, and may our bond grow stronger with each passing day.

20240128_123749.jpg

A New Frontier: Facing the Vaping Ban in Uganda

Greetings, vape aficionados,

As I prepare for my next adventure, a sobering realization has dawned upon me—Uganda, the land of vibrant culture and breathtaking landscapes, also happens to be one of the few countries where vaping is banned. It's a stark reminder that the battle for vape freedom rages on, even in the far corners of the globe.

Having recently navigated the labyrinthine customs of Ethiopia with Wanderlust Fogmaster by my side, I can't help but feel a twinge of trepidation as I set my sights on Uganda. Will my trusty companion meet the same fate, or will it succumb to the clutches of bureaucracy and regulation?

The journey through Ethiopia was a testament to Wanderlust Fogmaster's resilience—a triumph over adversity that reaffirmed our unbreakable bond. But Uganda presents a new challenge, a fresh set of obstacles to overcome in the pursuit of vape freedom.

As I brace myself for the trials ahead, I am reminded of the importance of solidarity within the vaping community. Together, we stand as advocates for choice, champions of innovation, and guardians of the right to vape. Our journey may be fraught with challenges, but it is also imbued with hope—a hope that one day, every vaper will be free to enjoy their passion without fear or restriction.

So, as I venture into the unknown, I do so with a sense of determination and resolve, knowing that the spirit of Wanderlust Fogmaster and the support of my fellow vapers will guide me through whatever lies ahead.

Here's to facing the vaping ban in Uganda head-on, armed with courage, conviction, and the unwavering belief that change is possible.

Onward,

Nicotine in the No-Vape Zone: My Ugandan Adventure

20240314_154231.jpg

Just back from a whirlwind trip to Uganda, and let me tell you, it was one hell of a ride. Now, before I get into the nitty-gritty, let's talk about Uganda for a hot minute. Did you know it's often referred to as the "Pearl of Africa"? Yeah, mate, it's got stunning landscapes, lush greenery, and some friendly folks.

But here's the kicker – vaping's a big no-no over there. Yep, you heard me right. The government's all about this "smoke-free Uganda" initiative, so puffing on your vape in public? Forget about it. I mean, I was expecting to see blokes puffing away on ciggies left, right, and center, but nah, the only ones I saw toking were a couple of Canadians.

So, there I was, a nicotine fiend in the land of no-vape, trying to sneak a cheeky puff whenever I could. Let me tell you, it was like playing hide and seek with my vape. I had to either duck into my hotel room for a quick fix or find some shady spot on the street to get my fix. Talk about rough, eh?

And as for finding a vape shop? Forget about it. Couldn't find one if my life depended on it. No black market online either – it's like vaping vanished into thin air. So, if you're planning a trip to Uganda and you're a vaper like me, I reckon you might wanna think twice. It's a bloody tough gig for us nicotine addicts. Oh, and if you think you will get a chance to take a puff in the smoking lounge at the airport, good luck. No such thing.

But hey, don't let that put you off visiting Uganda altogether. It's still a ripper of a place with plenty to see and do. Just make sure to leave your vape at home, or you might find yourself in a bit of a pickle.

Until next time, keep on puffin', and stay true to the vape life.

Last edited:
Back