Vapecon 2016 What did you like or dislike about it.

How was the experience for you?

• Excellent

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Good

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Will never go again

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vape addict

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
The best part was all the specials and great deals and meeting all the vapers and makers.

The bad part was the unorganized queing at the venders and in line. Was near the front of the que at 7:30 at 9 almost moved to the middel as every tom d1ck and harry keeps a spot for his mates and their mates.

Vapecartel. Juicy joes and vapeclub was my top vendors of the day. Fast friendly and cheap.

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work and time you put in to bring us such an amazing event and growing the vaping lifestyle.

Will be there for sure next time again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 164
Really enjoyed the vibe, friendly vendors, promoters and people in general, lots to see and try.
Obviously some of the vendors were extremely busy and I'm sure it was worth their effort and expense.
Really nice to see the effort some vendors put into their stalls.
Perhaps there could be a few more food and beverage vendors next time?

Liked 99% of everything (think i got all the flyers .. twice)

Dislike the long Q for the coffee

Liked 99% of everything (think i got all the flyers .. twice)

Dislike the long Q for the coffee

That was crazy and the food to. Would have liked to see it cater for more choices and people, but its the first one this size so even having a food stand was a plus.

Really disliked the queue's. I guess its not really something to avoid but like above everyone just slotted in for buddies. Overall what a awesome event.

Things I loved.

Seeing the community again and how its grown.
Specials
prizes
The general buzz was awesome.
Parking and location was good.
Overall I appreciated the effort of team that put this event together

Things that was bad

I was starving, I could only find one food vendor. I would have settled for a coke to keep me going but I couldn't even get one of those from the coffee stall.

I hated that cash tickets had a different queue and they rocketed past us.... cash entrance should have opened an hour later or something.

This mad rush to get deals. Vendors and organisers seemed to be underprepared.

I fee like every vendor should have a board put up in front of their stall with the prices and the 2 people dedicated to answering technical questions on products. A mate of mine quit smokes today and got kitted out. If I wasnt with him I dont think he would have managed to navigate things.

Overall I left early as I felt very uncumfortable. woefully Under budget.

Had such a good time :D

Just hated the fact that those of us who RSVP'd and booked tickets online, had to wait far longer to get in than those that didn't.

Apart from that- it was super.

.....and I'm broke.

Things I loved.

Specials
prizes
Overall I appreciated the effort of team that put this event together

Things that was bad

I was starving, I could only find one food vendor. I would have settled for a coke to keep me going but I couldn't even get one of those from the coffee stall.

I hated that cash tickets had a different queue and they rocketed past us.... cash entrance should have opened an hour later or something.

This mad rush to get deals. Vendors and organisers seemed to be underprepared.

I fee like every vendor should have a board put up in front of their stall with the prices and the 2 people dedicated to answering technical questions on products. A mate of mine quit smokes today and got kitted out. If I wasnt with him I dont think he would have managed to navigate things.

Overall I left early as I felt very uncumfortable. woefully Under budget.

I agree. Staff was not clued up with the products they where selling. I bought my wife a new mod and i knew more about the mod and what it comes with then the salesman.

Lost my bank card but luckily some honest guy picked it up and handed it in.

Last edited:
We enjoyed Vapecon. We will definitely attend the next one.

I agree that the cash line was not a great idea. I would have paid extra for a ticket if I knew I could avoid the wait.
Please have more food and cold drink stalls next time.
Vendors, Please make sure you have more experienced staff on the stand. 3 vendors I visited, the salesmen had to ask somebody else about everything including prices etc.
More ventilation would also be a plus. My eyes are on fire.

Thanks to the vendors for the great variety of product and the discounts. Also a big thanks to the vendors for sponsering juice and giveaways and all the prizes.

Thanks to the organizers. Great job all.

Was a lekker day had a blast got to see alot of the faces behind the names on the forum. Unfortunately as with every event there is a few things that was definitely not okay. We got there early and was almost right in front of the queue and when we were allowed to go through the gate the all of a sudden another gate was opened and guys from the back all ran through the other gate and got into the front so all the time and effort of coming early and standing for over an hour outside was a complete waste. The cash line was much much quicker than the pre bought tickets line which defeats the whole purpose of buying tickets before the event. Definitely short on food stands and drink stands. For the life of me I could not find a dustbin to throw away packaging and such. The queue system for the vendors was a complete mess up and people were just pushing in left and right. Those are the main things that really need to worked on for the next one.

Had a bit of a racist vibe from the one security guard's comment. My one Indian mate came from outside looking for an ATM and carried a brown paper bag with gear in. Security stopped him saying he can't bring food in which he replied to that it was gear. Got asked to check the bag because "it could've been a bomb, you never know! Hueheuehue".

Specials were great. People were great. Queuing system was a bit of a flop with people keeping spots for their buddies and the other gate opening with people scrambling to the entrance. Was kinda upsetting since we were in the queue since around 7am.

Had some issues at one vendor where the employee had no clue what he was doing or what stock we asked for. Over charging us for batteries as well.

Would've liked to see more food places. We skipped eating anything completely.

Other than that it was an awesome experience and I would like to thank all the organizers and vendors for hooking us up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Had a bit of a racist vibe from the one security guard's comment. My one Indian mate came from outside looking for an ATM and carried a brown paper bag with gear in. Security stopped him saying he can't bring food in which he replied to that it was gear. Got asked to check the bag because "it could've been a bomb, you never know! Hueheuehue".

Specials were great. People were great. Queuing system was a bit of a flop with people keeping spots for their buddies and the other gate opening with people scrambling to the entrance. Was kinda upsetting since we were in the queue since around 7am.

Had some issues at one vendor where the employee had no clue what he was doing or what stock we asked for. Over charging us for batteries as well.

Other than that it was an awesome experience and I would like to thank all the organizers and vendors for hooking us up.

Oh yes ditto on the over charge. I only realised the R20 difference on my batteries and juice when I got home. small amounts added up to a full juice between 2 of us. Still great prices so we shrugged it off. Another mate of mine was told 45A batteries were out of stock so he would have to take the 30A. He took four @ R100 and they turned out to be 45A.

Yep - Never over charge your batteries - 4.2Vdc and not a penny more... :-D:-D:-D

Last edited:
Was a fantastic event, but there was some confusions.

1. Cash only at food stall. - Need to advertise this next time or let people withdraw cash from the gates and charge 10%
2. One food stall. - Need to get more of a variety not that it was bad, but we stood in the que for 45 min.
3. Juices testing. - This created a lot of confusion among many. As we could only see and maybe here and there test the product as well as buy it. Need to come up with another method to show interested buyer that its a testing station only.

Seems like it increased 300% in popularity so next year it might be more people venue seemed a bit small and people started bumping and pushing other people. Free stuff toss away is a really nice touch and always a crowd pleaser but with the ever increasing number of people this might lead to an accident. From where we stood there was a couple of close calls with the shirts and hoodies.

Overall it was really nice we enjoyed our self's and was great meeting the people behind the awesome local flavors that is being produced some where good and some where not. But that's a review for another time

Welldone Ecigssa

Loved this event and hey there are bound to be a few slip ups with an event this size. Well done to everybody

Loved this event and hey there are bound to be a few slip ups with an event this size. Well done to everybody

I think this is an absolutely great thread this will give the organizers an insight look on what they need to try and improve on next year. This should not be seen as negative information but rather valuable information. #keeponvaping

I think this is an absolutely great thread this will give the organizers an insight look on what they need to try and improve on next year. This should not be seen as negative information but rather valuable information. #keeponvaping
Thanks @Juice_For_Days its all about improvement for the next vapecon. Without feedback there will be no improvement.

Thanks to the organisers and vendors for putting it together!
I went to find 12mg juices, I thought at such a big event the vendors would have catered for everyones needs.
I left not buying one thing, the usual vendors whom always carry 12mg had nothing (Except Vapecartel, I did not go past them as their queue was too long). The only juices I found in 12mg were XXX, Liqua and Polarmint which i'm not the biggest fan of them.
I was there just after 10am so I doubt they sold out in 12mg within an hour. Also found a few places never had 6mg in stock which was also disappointing.

IMO the main reason for vaping is to get people of stinkiys and people whom stop stinkys prefer MTL tanks with a higer nictoine content than sub-ohmers, I found it so strange that there was no catering of these needs at an event to help people quit stinkys.

Definitely a bigger space is needed next time with more ventilation but can't fault the organisers for that as no one expected there to be so many people as well as signage on each vendors store with their price list and products. Sometimes you'd wait in a line to just see what they have, you'd then have to wait to speak to a salesman to check prices and stock.
A big thanks to @Rob Fisher @Silver and the rest of the Ecigssa team!

Pro's
Specials
prizes
Agree :inlove:

Con's
I agree that the cash line was not a great idea. I would have paid extra for a ticket if I knew I could avoid the wait.
We did, and sold our online tickets a bit cheaper later

More ventilation would also be a plus. My eyes are on fire.
Agree
I was starving, I could only find one food vendor.
So true, I would say most of us who got there early did not have breakfast ?

anyway a "GREAT" Day out and
Thanks to everyone who made this happen and see you guys again Next Year ;)

Thanks for starting this thread @Vape addict
And thanks to everyone so far for your contributions here.
It will definitely help us to make it better!!

There were several things that went wrong on the day and a few things that could have been planned better.

One of the surprises on the day was that the turnout was about double what we had expected....:eek:

I wish I could also have experienced VapeCon as an attendee though - would you believe I did not buy one thing. Until about midday I was monitoring about a "million" things and in touch at all times with about 10 people, checking and helping to resolve problems. Overall I think it went smoothly and the good outweighed the bad by quite a margin.

Lets hope we can build on the many good things and fix the weaknesses to make it better next time...

One of the surprises on the day was that the turnout was about double what we had expected....:eek:

This is exactly what all the niggles came down to, I was really surprised to see the extent of vaping in South Africa and it was really good to see. Next year is going to have to cater for a whole lot more than this year even because I see it growing exponentially.

Ventilation was the one thing that was desperately needed, I don't mid a bit of Vape but at a point it was total olfactory overload to the point where we needed to stand outside for quite a while during the day.

All in all the day was a huge success. Well done to @shaunnadan, @Silver, @Rob Fisher and the whole team.

A huge thank you to the main organizers of the event. You really made it worth while.
I think it was a huge success and it was brilliant.
It's easy for someone who sits on the sidelines to say the organizers were underprepared when they were not part of the organizing.

All I can say is: More food and beverage stands next time please and auto bank tellers on the premises or walking distance at least. This venue was great, but almost too small. Then next one will have to be bigger I think.

All in all, thank you to @Silver and @Stroodlepuff! You two rock big time. I had a blast and you are the reason I'm broke now.......lol

Awesome event, I scored big time on the specials.

Only gripe as with most of the posts above was the food stall, hunger forced me to leave early :-(

Thanks to everyone the the attendees, the exhibitors and especially @Silver @Rob Fisher and Ecigssa team for an awesome event, my wallet needs to take :pill: now.

I liked the bargain deals on e juices. I saw some utterly fantastic deals for mods too (think I saw an ijust 2 for merely R300, was very tempting).
I also loved that some of the more expensive vendors let you taste their juices before buying it, it was like a wine tasting event for me (only...not boring. Sorry wine tasters.) and I even got to meet and talk to the people who makes my favorite local brands like Mr Hardwicks'.

What I think would be an improvement is to let the people who pre-booked their tickets take precedence. I went early to get the freebies but didn't get any because people sneakily shoved in front of me and the people in the paid tickets line got there before I ever could.

I also think that vapecon has gotten big, really really big. It would be a good idea to find a venue where the vendors can set up much bigger kiosks with twice the staff members.

A good idea for vapecon that I only thought of afterwards was that there should a little event where everybody gets their vapes ready and blows as much vape as they can into the air at once so we can see how cloudy we can make the place.

Yeah, crappie comment to make.

Although, keep in mind, Jozi had atleast 8 bombscares in the last 2 weeks. Security might have had knowledge about that. Who knows.

Back