Vapecon 2016 What did you like or dislike about it.

How was the experience for you?

• Excellent

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Good

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Will never go again

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I enjoyed it.

I disliked the long queues at the stalls although not much can be done regarding that.

I also disliked that I had no clue which shop to go to to look for certain things - such as coils for a certain tank. This took quite a lot of time as I had to wait in one long line only to be told they do not have any in stock and then to try a different store.

Some sort of online site for a list of the products each store has (and prices too if possible) would be amazing! We all have smartphones and it will save us all a lot of time. Might be tedious to set up though.

I struggled to find the stores I wanted and knew of, had to walk around to find them as opposed to just being able to look up and look around - since it was a smaller venue I thought it would be possible. :p
Android?iPhone app with he layout of the venue. Listing all the products and specials, tap a special or produce and it shows you were and at what stall you can buy ;)

Android?iPhone app with he layout of the venue. Listing all the products and specials, tap a special or produce and it shows you were and at what stall you can buy ;)
That'll be ideal, however costly and timely.

I don't expect that, a simple site would be perfect too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That'll be ideal, however costly and timely.

I don't expect that, a simple site would be perfect too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Agreed, but next year maybe an inventory with pricing could be posted on the vendors thread right here on ecigssa.co.za

I enjoyed it.

I disliked the long queues at the stalls although not much can be done regarding that.

I also disliked that I had no clue which shop to go to to look for certain things - such as coils for a certain tank. This took quite a lot of time as I had to wait in one long line only to be told they do not have any in stock and then to try a different store.

Some sort of online site for a list of the products each store has (and prices too if possible) would be amazing! We all have smartphones and it will save us all a lot of time. Might be tedious to set up though.

I struggled to find the stores I wanted and knew of, had to walk around to find them as opposed to just being able to look up and look around - since it was a smaller venue I thought it would be possible. :p

I had the same problem.

Awesome event. Picked up quite a lot of goodies. Was really impressed on well everything was organised, especially for a first time event.
Vendors were friendly and helpful, (well the ones I could get to :) )
Was shocked how packed the hall was, more than double the crowd I expected.
Will definitely like to see another, hopefully at the Dome, in Randburg ;)

Amazing event,ended up going by myself despite paying for others tickets lol at the end of the day they just didn't want to travel all that way,had a great time nonetheless,got to meet a lot of people for the first time and was actually overwhelmed with the size of the event,was amazing to see how much effort was put into everything and really just want to thank @silver,@shaunnadan @Rob Fisher @Stroodlepuff and the rest of the Ecigssa team that pulled off this amazing event,could see @Silver was extremely busy and looked over worked really appreciated you taking the time to meet me even tho it was such a hectic day,hopefully sometime soon we can have a proper chat,was great to see all the vendors under one roof and was really blown away with some of the stands,the ladies assisting the Ecigssa team were all extremely friendly.the compition running throughout the day for forum member's was great lol hopefully next year i get to year my name on stage lol
Appart from the food situation there wasn't a single con to the event,when handling a crowd of that size and with so many people eager to get to stands for give aways and amazing prices there is bound to be a few hick ups but I thought it was well dealt with and I still managed to get to all the specials I was interested in.
A few ideas for next year would definitely be more food vendors to cope with the amount of people and maybe a beer tent in a outside area with live music,really enjoyed the performance from the guy beatboxing.
All in all it was:winnerwinner:

It is exiting to see how the Vape comunity has grown in South-Africa!

We had a blast meeting different Vendors from all over the country and seeing that Que before we even started off gave us all goose bumps....

Now we all know what to expect at the next one...

Thank you for all the support and generosity from all Vendors and Staff. You guys were awesome.

I agree with the food stall issue... The normal Boerewors rolls were great, but I think people would have appreciated a Halaal option too....

Other than that.... You guys did an amazing job.
Thanks to the Ecigssa team, as well as @Silver and @Rob Fisher for giving us an opportunity to build on our clientele base and enjoy the Vape Con with our Fellow vapers...

Most welcome @Firetrap vape
Thanks for being there and making the effort
And for all the friendliness from Gawie and co - and chuckles we shared over the build day and the event itself

It is exiting to see how the Vape comunity has grown in South-Africa!

We had a blast meeting different Vendors from all over the country and seeing that Que before we even started off gave us all goose bumps....

Now we all know what to expect at the next one...

Thank you for all the support and generosity from all Vendors and Staff. You guys were awesome.

I agree with the food stall issue... The normal Boerewors rolls were great, but I think people would have appreciated a Halaal option too....

Other than that.... You guys did an amazing job.
Thanks to the Ecigssa team, as well as @Silver and @Rob Fisher for giving us an opportunity to build on our clientele base and enjoy the Vape Con with our Fellow vapers...
I simply loved your stuff, had all good intentions of returning for some more stickers, t-shirt, and a mug or two, and maybe one of those vape cases, but my back and feet were killing me.
I shall order some off your site later in the month, if you have them still :)

I simply loved your stuff, had all good intentions of returning for some more stickers, t-shirt, and a mug or two, and maybe one of those vape cases, but my back and feet were killing me.
I shall order some off your site later in the month, if you have them still :)

Where were you @Caramia ?
Was looking forward to meeting you - dont think we did meet...?

Where were you @Caramia ?
Was looking forward to meeting you - dont think we did meet...?
I was there, my old stealthy self, with Hubster. We were quite early, bought what we went there for, had a couple of Heinekens, and went home. I was so looking forward to see the comps too, but ja, growing older aint for sissies...o_O
Next time I'll make sure to, I was also looking forward to meeting you, but you guys were so super busy, and I know how tough that can be, not touching ground.
We shall most definitely have to make a plan soonest!:)

It was really a good event, specials were absolutely crazy and I stocked up for the next two months (hopefully bwaha)

My only dislike was with the trick comp, the airflow was really bad considering that there were no measures taken to help reduce the airflow and create a trick-friendly environment.

I liked the specials a lot, but there were so many Muslim people and they weren't catered for. One food stall to serve all those people was a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I'd suggest a wider food selection and halaal food for VapeCon 2017. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

A few cons:
- Limited number of food and beverage vendors
- Drink prices were ridiculous
- Needed more ventilation
- I am not a fan of people keeping places for friends and I agree with @Cobrali that metal barricades for queuing and security to watch over queue jumpers would have been great.

Just a thought regarding people jumping the queues. Have no idea if it will work.

When you visit SARS offices and some other places, you get a ticket with a number. Perhaps this could somehow be incorporated in the next vapecon. For example, when you enter at the gate with your car, each person is given only one numbered ticket and they have to queue according to that number. Since you can only get one numbered ticket, you cannot keep a spot for friends. Will it work ???

To organise an event of this nature and magnitude takes a LOT of planning and behind the scenes work. Thank you to all the organisers of this great event. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
I liked how much bigger this event was than we expected, what an amazing sight to see so many people from very different backgrounds, people that ordinarily wouldn't even give each other a second thought under normal circumstances like passing someone in a mall, all these different people interacting with each other as if they were friends for ages. Yes there were hiccups, so many things could have been done differently and I'm sure they will be for the next one, but looking at the big picture I am still totally blown away at how vaping has changed so many lives in more ways than we can even imagine, just frikken amazes me.

One thing we can all be sure of is that VAPECON 2017 is going to be bigger and better.

Now for my dislikes. I dislike that I still ache everywhere :-D

Vapers Rock! :rock:

Ps. If anyone picked up a Grey VTC Mini with a black Billow v2 would you please let me know. I think I left it outside the main entrance while the vendors were packing up.

I loved every moment!
Yes, the food stall needed improvement, the drinks too.
And I would LOVE to see some VapeCon (enter year here) merchandise - T-shrts, hoodies, beanies, caps.
And I would also live to know where some peeps got their VapeCon atty bands?

But all in all a fabulous event, with immense manpower and thought, I can imagine the amount of hours planning, headaches and hickups encountered to have made this a day to remember.
KUDOS to all the organisers, the vendors, and their families, friends, and whoever had to put up with the long hours behind the scenes. A beeeeeg thumbs up from me!:h::campeon::h::campeon::h::campeon:

I think the keeping a spot for friends wouldn't have been a problem if there were more gates or bigger venue maybe. Bet they didn't expect such a huge turnout, but now they know for next year. Uncle Rob it would be awesome to get some manufacturers involved in showcasing some new products for example the Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25, which was launched. Vaping is going viral and I think it would really be awesome to get international recognition. People from all over the world go to the SEMA show in America, so why can't VapeCon reach this magnitude?

I think the keeping a spot for friends wouldn't have been a problem if there were more gates or bigger venue maybe. Bet they didn't expect such a huge turnout, but now they know for next year. Uncle Rob it would be awesome to get some manufacturers involved in showcasing some new products for example the Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25, which was launched. Vaping is going viral and I think it would really be awesome to get international recognition. People from all over the world go to the SEMA show in America, so why can't VapeCon reach this magnitude?
Keeping place will still be a problem even if there was 10 gates. The whole point of going early is for the giveaways and limited specials. So for the people standing in the que from 6am then all of a sudden 50 people pushed infront of them at 8:55am is crap and sucks big time.

I loved everything about VapCon 2016, the diversity of the crowds, the friendliness of the people, the lack of ventilation, the competitions, the hustle and bustle at the vendor stalls, the fantastic specials, even the long queues at the food stall. The total chaos was so marvellous that it almost seemed planned. But guess what it worked and it worked well. Congratulations @Silver , @shaunnadan , @Rob Fisher and @Stroodlepuff . I am looking forward to VapeCon 2017.

About the queue ...

If you are queuing for a ride on a merry-go-round or for a round on a put-put coarse then just maybe keeping a spot for a friend would be ok. But if you arrived early for a place in a queue that has a financial benefit attached to it (the specials) and someone or some group that is bigger or younger or stronger or faster than you simply takes it away from you, then we have a problem. And this problem has to be addressed.

On line tickets, first one sold has No 1 and so on...

On line ticket queue opens 15 minutes before cash queue.

Or as @ddk1979 suggested numbered tickets per person as he or she enters the grounds of the venue.

I’m sure that someone could come up with a way to solve this problem amicably.

After a week of mental breakdown and attempted suicide , I just wanted to chime in :

I am truly , honestly sorry to all of those at VapeCon who came into contact with me. I was a disgrace to myself and the community. I exceeded my medication and alcohol levels dramatically , but I have no excuses for my actions and am fully accountable and responsible for the way I acted.

I am not sure I'll return to ecigssa after this post , but I felt I owe it to everyone for my disgusting misconduct , I was the drunk POS in the purple cap.

I am not entirely sure what happened , but if I offended you or your family and I owe you an apology or deserve a beating , I am willing to take it, please let me know my number is zero82-85zero-315four

After a week of mental breakdown and attempted suicide , I just wanted to chime in :

I am truly , honestly sorry to all of those at VapeCon who came into contact with me. I was a disgrace to myself and the community. I exceeded my medication and alcohol levels dramatically , but I have no excuses for my actions and am fully accountable and responsible for the way I acted.

I am not sure I'll return to ecigssa after this post , but I felt I owe it to everyone for my disgusting misconduct , I was the drunk POS in the purple cap.

I am not entirely sure what happened , but if I offended you or your family and I owe you an apology or deserve a beating , I am willing to take it, please let me know my number is zero82-85zero-315four
@brotiform Personally, I think you're being way too hard on yourself.
My wife and I met you there, we had a brief exchange of laughs and you offered me an ice cold tequila which went down very well, thank you.
I did not see or experience any nastiness from your side, you were clearly having a good time and entertained us in the long refreshments queue.
From my side, no issues at all!

Hey man, forgive yourself...we certainly do.

@brotiform it takes a big person to say sorry and open thier hearts looking for forgiveness. It's how you come back from something like this that is important... you realised you overdid it and it can be the beginning of the new future... embrace the future and know that you can move forward. Put it behind you and move on... You will find a lot of forgiving members here...

I'm sure there are more than a few of us that haven't overindulged in our past...

Last edited:

Well look who it is.... back from the shadows.

glad to have you back buddy :)

I've been watching you ever since vapecon... I was truly worried and wanted to know that you got home safely.

:-D:-D

I am truly , honestly sorry to all of those at VapeCon who came into contact with me. I was a disgrace to myself and the community. I exceeded my medication and alcohol

I agree with Rob, it takes a big man to face up and admit a mistake and we have all made mistakes that we regret.
It looks to me like you have all ready beaten yourself up about this.

From my side, apology accepted and no hard feelings.

O, one more thing......

:asz:

:-D:-D:-D

Back