Vapehaven ....... what's the point?

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Came across this forum while browsing. It made me think of those remnant western towns after a gold vein ran dry.

Our top poster is a admin with 850+ posts vs a international vendor with 50+.
Our last reply was 5 seconds ago while theirs was 40minutes.
Messages under items for sale 55800 vs 1807
and this list can go on for almost every comparison.

Why in the world would vapehaven even still exist?
Can somebody please invite those guys over?

If I'm not mistaken those guys left from here @KZOR

What in the world could have caused that rupture? lol
I thought I made some bad judgement calls and angered many in the past but I am still around. :)
@Mustrum Ridcully also made life interesting for awhile and he is still around.

I would love to know the event that led to the emigration of a miniscule flock to the barren lands of dry hits and arid activity.

As with all forums (mostly) , I would gander a guess that politics came into play ......

What in the world could have caused that rupture? lol
I thought I made some bad judgement calls and angered many in the past but I am still around. :)
@Mustrum Ridcully also made life interesting for awhile and he is still around.

I would love to know the event that led to the emigration of a miniscule flock to the barren lands of dry hits and arid activity.
Lmfao... been around longer than anybody realises. I pop around when you all need to raise your heart rates. I used to modetate the longest running international electronic music forum before we turned it into a record label. A well mannered little place like this cant upset me man. Only reason I am not taking the piss with you still is because I forgot about it.

If you read the forum rules one can argue a healthy dose of shenanigans is encouraged ;)

Enough people throwing down good vape info. I like to be the WTF factor in the conversation. Some will rember the Flaming Coils saga...

Seen it happen on one of the car forums ....

Politics and the semblance of power offered by saying "I run a forum" does draw people away... and difference of @ssholes sorry, opinions ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@KZOR this Vape haven thing is old news now and it's not worth exploring. Please can we just let sleeping dogs lie.

Mods can we not just close this thread. It's not worth keeping open.

Oi vey.

Let's not go rehashing old stuff now.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
No but - I have the same question, why have Vapehaven? The largest portal of local information is ecigssa - so why have that distraction? What caused this rapture? Is there no way we can part with our differences?

Vape haven thing is old news now

And how was I supposed to know this?

I only joined the forums in June of this year.

These are the type of responses that totally baffle me. Rather pm me of what the reason was and I will understand but I stumbled across that forum and saw it was very quiet ......... did the logical thing by enquiring as to why they don't merge.
There was no way of me knowing that they were once part of this forum.
Dammit ....I get so frustrated sometimes.

And how was I supposed to know this?

I only joined the forums in June of this year.

These are the type of responses that totally baffle me. Rather pm me of what the reason was and I will understand but I stumbled across that forum and saw it was very quiet ......... did the logical thing by enquiring as to why they don't merge.
There was no way of me knowing that they were once part of this forum.
Dammit ....I get so frustrated sometimes.

I know you don't know about the vape haven thing. Hence why I am telling you it's old news.

@KZOR this Vape haven thing is old news now and it's not worth exploring. Please can we just let sleeping dogs lie.

Mods can we not just close this thread. It's not worth keeping open.

To be honest, ^^^^^^^^^^^^ that response makes it even more intriguing.

I know you don't know about the vape haven thing. Hence why I am telling you it's old news.

That is not the point, you are basically telling a kid its xmas tomorrow, but I wont tell you what your present is... I would also like to know but it is not going to ruin my life if I dont.
Us Nosey people :-D

Even men are like woman sometimes and need a bit of gossip :-D

Men are far worse than women about gossip, if we would admit the truth.

Look its news nonetheless that we dont understand - and to be honest it remains a concern to me, if a noob stumbles onto this site - and finds that its mostly advertising, and not extremely active - we potentially loose a member in the online vape scene. That's pretty serious, some might not think so - This forum makes me feel part of something great - and through that keeps me off the cancer sticks. I'm sure there are many more that think this way - I see VapeHaven as a distraction - with potentially serious implications.

Last edited:
That is not the point, you are basically telling a kid its xmas tomorrow, but I wont tell you what your present is... I would also like to know but it is not going to ruin my life if I dont.

I prefer "discuss" rather than "gossip" :rofl::rofl::rofl:
p.s. agreed, throw us "not-in-the-know" a bone here :icon_popcorn:

Perhaps then @Rob Fisher and @Silver should be the ones to enlighten you.

They can offer you an explanation.

I did a quick forum search, while I can't see what the exact issue was, seems people didn't like certain aspects of the forum and made an issue of it.

What it seems to amount to is politics, transparency and people (mis)behaving. So basically a community that went from being small to large(r) and experiencing growing pains.

Something that is likely to happen again and again due to evolutionary forces as the community (vaping and ecigssa) grows.

@KZOR - looks like some people perceived other people as being @#$%-heads. The exact identity of those people depends on which side of the fence you were on.

There will always be a variety of forums on any topic. I used to be admin on one of the world's largest motorsport sites. Of course there were several other motorsport sites and members would periodically switch from one to the other. So we'd ban a poster for abuse on our site and he'd go register on another site and say how glad he is that he's finally found a site he likes and what a POS our site is. Then a poster on that site would get into a furious row with someone, would toss his toys and come over to our site. Some members were fiercely loyal to one site, others would register and post on several.

There was also the belief among many posters that the admins of the different sites were sworn enemies and fought constantly for market share. The truth is that we just rolled our eyes and laughed at the "forum wars". It mattered a whole lot more to some members than it did to us.

This, too, is the free market. Only having one vaping site wouldn't be a free market, it would be communistic central control. So one should just let the market settle into whatever pattern it chooses imo. If okes want to post here, fine. If okes want to post elsewhere, equally fine. There are options and everybody can choose what they want.

Back