VapeKing G12 and not happy

It does bring up one important question though, should a vendor test all items before shipping them?

Some folks get very upset if the item is not in the original wrapping and yet others expect each unit to be tested thoroughly. I've had clients for whom I've opened a product to show them and then insist on taking a wrapped one when they buy it.

Maybe a poll should be had on this...

EDIT: Test where feasible that is .. how does on test a nautilus mini atomiser for example..
The gi2 they could have tested. Its in a pouch there was no box. And i believe because its clones the vendors need to test the units. It comes from China and is made in bulk.

Customers have to understand, if they expect a working product to be delivered u need to open it and test it. Thats the steps that needs to be taken.

@JakesSA i had the same issue with the copper nemesis i bought from you last week. Locking ring did not turn. You sorted me out very quickly but if you guys tested the product before shipping i would never ever had a problem.

Exactly and I still rue the moment I decided to not test that unit.

I have however seen a client inspect the positive connector on a mod and if there is any kind of mark on it declare it a used item and unacceptable. So what I'd like to know, what the general opinion on this is? Personally I'd prefer to test all of 'em as a rule.

Hi all . @VapeSnow my heart is broken now , I am at the point of buying one but now I do not know if I want to . Wonder if all the clones are going to be like that . And then the problem you say that it even looks and feels cheap . I want to thank you for sharing your opinion with us because I think you saved me 2k . :eek:

What would you rather buy now ? or do you think we should wait until the Gi2 clones get up to standard.

Last edited:
@JakesSA . I would not mind if my stuff gets tested before shipping because their is nothing worse than waiting for your parcel only to open it and find that your brand new mod is not working .
What I would suggest is to test the products that you ship especially if the client is far .

Exactly and I still rue the moment I decided to not test that unit.

I have however seen a client inspect the positive connector on a mod and if there is any kind of mark on it declare it a used item and unacceptable. So what I'd like to know, what the general opinion on this is? Personally I'd prefer to test all of 'em as a rule.

I would always prefer a tested working item, over a "new" untested one.

In the IT world, out of the box failures are fairly common. My rule is always to torture test items first.

I have my personal rule I only buy my mods from Vape club.they always test the mods before sending them even give the battery a good chargé.

Hi all . @VapeSnow my heart is broken now , I am at the point of buying one but now I do not know if I want to . Wonder of all the clones are going to be like that . And then the problem that you say it even looks and feels cheap . I want to thank you for sharing your opinion with us because I think you saved me 2k . :eek:

What would you rather buy know ? or do you think we should wait until the Gi2 clones get up to standard.
Hi okay in my opinion it looks a bit cheap but look there is no scratches on it the screen looks nice and I WONDER how it vapes as i cant test it. Lol. But to be honest i tested all the box mods and the quality of this one is not for me. The ipv3 or the new vaporshark dna40 would be a very nice buy. Im looking into the new dna40 as it has coil heat control.

@JakesSA . I would not mind if my stuff gets tested before shipping because their is nothing worse than waiting for your parcel only to open it and find that your brand new mod is not working .
What I would suggest is to test the products that you ship especially if the client is far .
I agree 100% with u!!!!!!!

Look we have had one or two issues with units that we have sold. It's embarrassing from a vendor point of view and heartbreaking for a customer to receive faulty units. Some units that were not sealed we have tested to ensure this does not happen. Like Vape Club says they come sealed and sometimes they are shrink wrapped again in the box and clients can be difficult if these have been opened. I'm all for testing and if people are happy for us to do it, we will ;)

I think a vote post should go up on this issue.

Look we have had one or two issues with units that we have sold. It's embarrassing from a vendor point of view and heartbreaking for a customer to receive faulty units. Some units that were not sealed we have tested to ensure this does not happen. Like Vape Club says they come sealed and sometimes they are shrink wrapped again in the box and clients can be difficult if these have been opened. I'm all for testing and if people are happy for us to do it, we will ;)

Maybe put a tick box on the check out page to have it opened and tested, i am sure some ppl will not tick that if the buy an atty, but will choose that option if the but a regulated mod.

I agree. Can maybe start a post where all the vendors can give there point of view and customers can vote.

It does bring up one important question though, should a vendor test all items before shipping them?

Some folks get very upset if the item is not in the original wrapping and yet others expect each unit to be tested thoroughly. I've had clients for whom I've opened a product to show them and then insist on taking a wrapped one when they buy it.

Maybe a poll should be had on this...

EDIT: Test where feasible that is .. how does on test a nautilus mini atomiser for example..

Hi @JakesSA

I think it's good you bring up this issue and it's healthy for us to discuss it -

In my view, retailers should act as "filters" for the general vaping public.
Retailers generally know more about the products than the average vaper. They should use their experience to select wisely.

When it comes to clones which, we all know can be problematic, I would like my retailer to sort out the good from the bad. So that when I buy a clone I know it's not a "bad one" but a "good" one. As a customer I would pay a bit more if I knew that my retailer had gone to the trouble of sorting out the good from the bad. Perhaps this means online research or testing one unit from a batch. Whatever the means, as long as the outcome is a good one and I get a good experience. I will pay for that.

I think it's dangerous to bring in something "new and exciting" and announce it and get customers all excited about it - and then not test it - only to find that it's a bad batch or just a bad product altogether. This means unhappy customers and product returns. In the long run that should prove more costly and would only serve to leave a bad taste in the mouth for the customer.

Given the extent and popularity of clones, I do feel this issue of testing and filtering is something that would be of great service to customers and the vaping community in general.

Please note I am not trying to tell the retailers how to do things. I am just sharing my own perspective as a customer.

I think we all know that it is a gamble when buying chinese mass produced equipment and that there will be duds from time to time. Its a shared risk on buyer as well as retailer. If its a dud, surely the retailer will exchange - inconvenience to both parties. However if its an authentic device with a high price value, the ball game changes, but thats just my opinion.

I totally agree with @johan . If i wanted a reAl zna i was gonna spend 3 or 4 k . And could still be a problem and after i will have to ship it back to us etc . Im happy with my clone got here . But im not gonna moan at the fact that is not perfect and may have a scratch.
When the mod is totally useless is a different thing. Vendor off course will change , but we need to remember that at the end if not just due to the vendor because for sure they try to get the best clone as possible ,and if we want a real mod just get the real thing at the real price .

Hi Vapesnow

I am very sorry to hear this. We have sold plenty on these gi2's and not one of them has had a problem. In fact @Gizmo uses one every day as his all day device.

I will sort this out for you tomorrow

I have read all of the posts, and have to agree with @JakesSA . I am a new Vape King Agent and did research into all the offerings, and what caught my eye was their support. I also import other industrial machines, and certain ones you can check, others not. As an agent for Vape King I can confirm we are instructed to swop out faulty stock when the fault lies with the product or refund the client if that is what the client asks for.

maybe vendors should give customers an option for testing. or alternatively state on their website and add a disclaimer on their email that all clone mods will be tested before being shipped and add a day to delivery time. this will avoid customers from getting faulty units and also informs them as to why the delivery will take an additional day

Back