Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Vapers travelling around the world thread!

Bucket list trip booked for Sep/Oct... Iceland Baby!
Iceland1.jpg Iceland2.jpg Iceland3.jpg

I would love to travel overseas one day. I've never set my feet off this continent. I've been throughout Africa: Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, DRC and Tanzania - most for work when I was still working for General Electric

I would love to do some travelling. Only countries I have been to are South Africa (obviously) and England. Although I have seen the airports of Dubai, Germany, and Qatar on flight layovers. There are so many places in South Africa and the rest of the world that I still want to see. Iceland is also on that list. I am sure you will have a great trip, @Rob Fisher. You are probably already counting sleeps:)

This may be the incorrect place to bring this up, but I do own a travel agency so I could be of use with some of the bookings/bucket list itineraries.

My Bucket List Destination is definitely Croatia

cih_hero

dubrovnik-cityscape-walls-and-coastline.jpg

PESD_PEDS_gallery_croatia_dalmaria_krka-national-park_ss-395891008.jpg

My Bucket List Destination is definitely Croatia

We were going to do Croatia after Hall of Vape in Germany but unfortunately, my daughter needs another brain operation and we have to travel to Cape Town for the op and we would only be back for a few days before I head to Germany so I'm just going to go Hall of Vape and come back by myself. We will have to do Croatia some other time.

This may be the incorrect place to bring this up, but I do own a travel agency so I could be of use with some of the bookings/bucket list itineraries.

Good to know @Amir!

On my way to Hall of Vape I go via Heathrow and I assume (based on my research so far) that I don't need a UK Visa because I'm in transit only and am only in Heathrow for a few hours before jumping on a plane to Stuttgart?

We were going to do Croatia after Hall of Vape in Germany but unfortunately, my daughter needs another brain operation and we have to travel to Cape Town for the op and we would only be back for a few days before I head to Germany so I'm just going to go Hall of Vape and come back by myself. We will have to do Croatia some other time.

Sorry to hear Uncle Rob, trust all will go well with the Op

Good to know @Amir!

On my way to Hall of Vape I go via Heathrow and I assume (based on my research so far) that I don't need a UK Visa because I'm in transit only and am only in Heathrow for a few hours before jumping on a plane to Stuttgart?

You will only need a Visa if you plan on leaving the airport.

Good to know @Amir!

For transit in the airport you won't need a visa but if you plan on exiting the airport you will need a visa. Which airline will you be using to Heathrow and then from Heathrow to Stuttgart?

For transit in the airport you won't need a visa but if you plan on exiting the airport you will need a visa. Which airline will you be using to Heathrow and then from Heathrow to Stuttgart?

Thanks @Amir. I'm going BA all the way.

I have been lucky enough to be able to visit a lot of countries...
Alaska, Angola (Not officially), Austria, Botswana, Canada, Comoros, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Seychelles, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, USA and Zimbabwe!

Still on the bucket list...
Croatia, Egypt, Iceland and Japan. And I would like to do all the States I haven't already visited in the USA.

That is quite the selection Uncle Rob! The beauty of Hard work paying off. Enjoy your travels to Hall of Vape, very envious indeed!

Thanks @Amir. I'm going BA all the way.

Ok then as long as it’s from jnb to heathrow to Stuttgart you should be fine with Germany visa only. If it’s Gatwick then you will need a visa and long enough layover time to get from one airport to the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been particularly interested in going to a country as a tourist, although I've been to Israel on holiday.

What has always interested me was to live in other countries so as to experience the culture - to know what it's really like to live there and not just see the sights.

I lived in Namibia for about 8 years until I was kicked out shortly after they became independent.

China was my home for 6 years (different provinces), followed by Oman (Middle East) for 5 years until I was kicked out due to retirement age. If it weren't for that I would still be there as I loved Oman. I seem to make a habit of getting kicked out of countries! :-D

I've never been particularly interested in going to a country as a tourist, although I've been to Israel on holiday.

What has always interested me was to live in other countries so as to experience the culture - to know what it's really like to live there and not just see the sights.

I lived in Namibia for about 8 years until I was kicked out shortly after they became independent.

China was my home for 6 years (different provinces), followed by Oman (Middle East) for 5 years until I was kicked out due to retirement age. If it weren't for that I would still be there as I loved Oman. I seem to make a habit of getting kicked out of countries! :-D

You'll be safe in Yzerfontein... For now...

Busy planning a trip to Rio for my birthday in June was going to go to Thailand but when I read vaping is banned in Thailand that went out of the window very fast.

Wow, looks like a dodged a bullet based on the article. I wonder how much money they will loose because of tourists not visiting as a result of this stupid law.

Back