Vaping Pet Peeves

Pointing my son to a (supposedly) reputable vendor in Durban whilst on a trip from Swaziland to have some tosser treat him like an idiot. Not cool. He was looking for some advice from people who are meant to be experts, not looking to be treated like a nuisance, where did this elitism as fellow vapers come from?

I hear you @Neal and i have occasionally found similar things
The "cool kid syndrome" or just a lack of professionalism
It certainly can be enough to put some people off vaping entirely
Thankfully, for every one "bad" experience i have had plenty good ones...

Not sure if you have seen the following thread, but give it a read if you havent seen it
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/professionalism.t34650/

Ok, here are mine:
  1. Stainless steel drip tips - I like having lips to kiss my wife!
  2. Juices that linger after you've started using a new juice, like mints and menthols that just won't go away :mad:
  3. Not being able to get all my concentrates from one vendor in one order.
  4. Really tasty looking recipes that use one obscure concentrate that I'd never use anywhere else.
  5. Having a great setup on an RTA that works perfectly with no issues and then having to re-wick not knowing if it's going to be as good as before.
  6. Vapers that don't think of others and vape in the wrong places or leave huge clouds that annoy others.
  7. People who are ignorant of the facts about vaping telling me what's what.
  8. That #%*@ing recipe that needed FW White Chocolate, and now that I finally have FW White Chocolate I can't find the recipe anymore!
  9. People who try to sell advanced, technical gear to noobs.

Great list @Huffapuff

No 5. haunts me too - with some RTAs - especially those I am not too familiar with or have only rewicked a few times....

WOW! So many of these are a standard things it seems.
Thought I was the only one.

But my biggest one is this.
A guy gets a new device/atty, and a Vaper asks him "So how does it smoke"!!!
Doggammit!! How the hell are we supposed to change a non vapers perspective of vaping if vapers themselves refer to it as smoking!!
Aarrrghh!!
Now I have to go vape.... Just Pd myself off just by thinking of it.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

● Clones.
● Eliitist gear.
● Premade e liquids.
● Anything that leaks.
● Generic coil builds.
● The word "best".
● Hyped reviews before a device has been thoroughly used for week(s).
● Those reviewers who all too soon after don't use, trash or resell the device they hyped.
● Those who are too damn lazy to do the research, the trial and error or work themselves for aspects of vaping.

My newest yet most influential one...

That dreaded phone call... the one where they tell you that the items you have ordered are no longer available. Website error. Would you like an item of similar value or a refund?!

Goddammit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most of the points raised above. Something that haunts me a lot, in sub ohm tanks and RTA's, the dreaded airlock problem!

some of mine are:

-Having to explain that it's not a TWISP, and then having to explain HOW and WHY it's not a TWISP.
-Friends and Family tagging you in "Anti-Vape" propaganda on Facebook (exploding mech's popcorn lung, etc.)
-Leaky Tanks
-The price of commercial juices.

Vapers who keep buying RTAs/RDAs even though they can't build, which results in them asking me for a new build /rewick every flippin day. Having to use my own cotton and wire. Geez. Get a godamn subohm tank.

Wow, cool thread @Soprono
I reckon we might break ecigssa's server with this one.

• 0.1W increments
  • "are that a twisp?"
  • "my friend/aunt/... got popcorn lung/cancer/pneumonia/... from using those things"
  • No, I cannot put weed into the tank :punch:
  • 0.1W increments
  • All flat batteries on a friday afternoon ("Now this is my backup device, still not a twisp")
  • misfires
  • dry-hits
  • anything that requires toiletpaper to clean up the e-juice afterwards
  • 0.1W increments
  • Shopping-mall cloud-chasers
  • Cutting juuuuuust too little wire off the roll to get 2 coils out
  • 0.1W increments
  • *edit: I just remembered: Default ecigssa avatars

1 - buying something then the next day there's a sale

2 - going out and all the stinky friends want to hog your vape the whole night and when you get it back your cotton is so burnt it's falling out on both sides.

3 - being broke lol

The vaping indoors doesn't affect me really firstly because vape smells amazing and secondly because I'd rather see a bunch or delinquent teens blowing vape clouds rather then in the smoking section with a stinky.

However there'should a way to do it. I find it disrespectful to blow clouds directly at people however if I'm in a mall or whatever and I really need a puff I take a short one. Hold it in longer and blow almost nothing directly into the sky...

:-@
1. Leaking tank
2. Leaking tank
3. Leaking tank
4. Making the legs of a coil too short
5. Cutting piece of cotton but not enough
6. Start mixing just to find you are short by 1,46g of a flavour

The rest I can deal with

Cloud chasers in shopping malls.
Common concentrates always being out of stock.
Arrogant know it all vape shop staff.
Every smoker at a party wanting to have a "suck" on my "twisp"
Cloud chasers in shopping malls.
0.1w increments why.. no seriously why?
Do you know that is more dangerous than smoking....
oh did I add Cloud chasers in shopping malls....

Abs
Agree with most points here.

However. Some are leaning more towards being sliiiightly intolerant though. You have to remember that "new" vapers will usually ask "what tank is best for.." or "which mod should I use when..". It's not because they're lazy, most of the time they actually did their research and do have the facts, but due to lack of experience don't know how to interpret the facts yet. They need input and advice and I'm not sure why we're listing it as a pet peeve, to be honest.

If they did absolutely zero research then sure, I get that that's annoying. But that's usually in the minority.
Agree. Us newbies asking questions is to learn and gain your experience. Sorry we obviouslypeed some

Forgetting to take the ring off concentrate bottles only to have the forsaken thing fall of while trying to focus on pouring out 0.16g of bloody biscuit flavour
Also had that happen too many times to remember :(

Abs
Agree. Us newbies asking questions is to learn and gain your experience. Sorry we obviouslypeed some
Shit there I going peeving someone else off with spelling mistake but pushed incorrect button and sent. Asking questions is the only way we beginners' learn. Just take a look at the lingo used! It would confuse a genetics scientist.

Ever see a newbies face go all wonky like a jack Russell when you start explaining stuff about vaping?
That's when I know, I'm sounding like a smart-ass know it all.

My wife says I have a way to explain things way too technically.

So here's to the newbies having a "the guy was way too technical, now I understand even less than I did" peeve!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I agree with most of the points raised in the thread but in all honesty my greatest peeve is the unethical behaviour and attitude of Vapers and "Vendors". When I say vendors here I am referring to Tom, **** and Harry that just started selling stuff from his boot, back pack or house. Yes there are some guys that do this that are awesome but the majority of them are just out to make a quick buck. As for the unethical vaper, well this is a whole different can of worms, I mean seriously, why sell something if you know its broken or a clone or.....wait...woesa....let me step away for a bit before I get myself worked up...

Back