We Don't Steep?

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
I would love to know if anyone has the information who (some not very intelligent person, to be kind) first came up with we steep e-liquid and why so many sheep happily accepting this terminology so that it has stuck?

The definition of steeping:

verb (used with object)
to soak in water or other liquid, as to soften, cleanse, or extract someconstituent:
to steep tea in boiling-hot water; to steep reeds for basket weaving.
to wet thoroughly in or with a liquid; drench; saturate; imbue.
to immerse in or saturate or imbue with some pervading, absorbing,or stupefying influence or agency

I'm off to steep a cup of tea and see how my e-liquid is maturing!

Ye, it is actually aging as far as I understand. Say that though and you get a blank look.
Easier to just roll with the incorrect norm.

I would love to know if anyone has the information who (some not very intelligent person, to be kind) first came up with we steep e-liquid and why so many sheep happily accepting this terminology so that it has stuck?

verb (used with object)
to soak in water or other liquid, as to soften, cleanse, or extract someconstituent:
to immerse in or saturate or imbue with some pervading, absorbing,or stupefying influence or agency

Why does it bother you? Don't use the term if you don't like it mate. :)
We use the word "squonk", which is not even a word. They say it's the sound that the liquid makes when you press the bottle, but mine has never made that sound, yet I use the word. Steeping has become accepted in the vaping community and so we use it. If you don't like it, then use "aging" or "curing" or "maturing" or whatever term floats your boat :) but calling the person who first started using it "not very intelligent" isn't very nice imo.

We use the word "squonk", which is not even a word. They say it's the sound that the liquid makes when you press the bottle, but mine has never made that sound, yet I use the word. Steeping has become accepted in the vaping community and so we use it. If you don't like it, then use "aging" or "curing" or "maturing" or whatever term floats your boat :) but calling the person who first started using it "not very intelligent" isn't very nice imo.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, just having a bit of fun, imho i didn't expect anyone to get so touchy about it.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, just having a bit of fun, imho i didn't expect anyone to get so touchy about it.

I'm not touchy about it (hence the smiley faces) but I cannot convey emotion in typing. I was merely stating that it doesn't matter what we call it. I'm off now to kawoot my DIY e-juices so the flavor can improve :p

I'm not touchy about it (hence the smiley faces) but I cannot convey emotion in typing. I was merely stating that it doesn't matter what we call it. I'm off now to kawoot my DIY e-juices so the flavor can improve :p
The funny thing is the English Dictionary is updated every year and they add new words and definitions, within 3 years leaving e-liquid to mature will be added as a definition of steeping and both squonk and squonking will become official words.:campeon:

Last edited:
Petition to change the term "Steep" to "Kawoot" as official vaping terminology all say aye.

verb (used with object)

@Timwis You might want to get your head out of the dictionary and into reality. Many words are used in ways which defy their literal meaning e.g. describing something as "cool" does not mean that it's not warm; describing something as "wicked" means that it's fantastic, not evil. The beauty of language is that it's not static; it's not set in stone - or in the dictionary. However, "some not very intelligent person, to be kind" would not understand the beauty of using language creatively.

Technically, we don't put batteries in our mods but cells. Batteries are multiple cells joined together. As long as people understand how the term is meant, I don't see a problem.

verb (used with object)

Congrats on knowing how to use google

Well, "stoompos" has been used in one place, so, why not "stook" some juice,ala Groot Marico. Think I will set up my still a bit later and see what percolates.

Squonk is a word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squonk

:)

I believe as vapers we chose to reject many accepted conventions and substituted our own. Revolutionaries do that because they can. A practice steeped in tradition.

Sorry. I saw that last week sometime. Part of my learning about all this vaping stuff before I get started. :)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Sorry. I saw that last week sometime. Part of my learning about all this vaping stuff before I get started. :)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Way to go, @SinnerG Knowledge is the only way forward and "he who moves not forwards, moves backwards". :dancer2:

I can also use google to copy/paste the first definition that pops up when I search a word:

shitpost (plural shitposts). (Internet, slang, vulgar, pejorative) A worthless post on a messageboard, newsgroup, or other online discussion platform. quotations

While steeping is probably not en exact match for ejuice making, I'd argue that neither is maturing (although it does age naturally through oxidation, aging/maturing of things involves better flavour through chemical reactions within the various compounds.), the word is used because you let the juice sit to allow flavour particles to get an even distribution throughout your mixture (which is probably more similair to stewing which itself could be argued as a form of steeping).

TLDR; Term is technically correct because "maturing/aging" means something else even though this does happen, and you should stop shit posting.

p.s. do we really need a dislike/disagree button? It seems so overly passive/aggresive and I have almost never seen a responsible reply as to why it's being given out.

p.s. do we really need a dislike/disagree button? It seems so overly passive/aggresive and I have almost never seen a responsible reply as to why it's being given out.

I personally agree with your view, that we don’t need a dislike/disagree button.

I have no idea who came up with 'steeping' for e-liquids but I have an idea he or she is related to the person who first used the word wraps instead of turns for a coil. :)

Dave

I have no idea who came up with 'steeping' for e-liquids but I have an idea he or she is related to the person who first used the word wraps instead of turns for a coil. :)

Dave
If only we knew! Then we could erect a statue in their honor and let the pigeons have the last word on their achievements.

Regards

Back