What did you Mix today?

Ordinarily I'm a bit wary of ten-ingredient recipes
I'll see your ten and raise you twelve. It's probably the most complex creation I've tried to date, and it's very much a WIP for the last month or so. Problem is that sometimes you just need to mould that flavour profile using so many different components. Total flavour percentage is on 17% so far which is high for me, but it's a game of ratios. I absolutely refuse to go over 18% though. It's a principle thing :p

I tend to go too complex as well, often starting off with about ten concentrates in a recipe. One of the most useful videos I've seen was Wayne's video about keeping things simple and stripping the profile down to its core elements. I was looking at a recipe on ATF just now that uses five different watermelons along with Flv Wild Melon. I truly cannot believe that anybody tastes the nuances of six different melons, or that they're all required in the recipe. :eek:

Have u tried the kiwi cheesecake before @Rude Rudi ... if yes was it good?

Had this one today and it is a keeper!!! The FA Kiwi is the star here with the cheesecake and meringue providing the supporting role.
It is a sweet (commercial like) vape and is perfectly balanced. I'm will knock the meringue down a tad - 1.5% or even 1% to better suit my palate on the next mix.

I've been following Wayne's Brown Butter Ice Cream experiment with interest as it's a profile I'm sure I'd like. Alas we have no Hangsen here yet but I decided to mix up two of the sample recipes submitted:
Shyndo's Brown Butter Ice Cream
and
Jerry's BBIC (Brown Butta Ice Cream)

I subbed TFA VBIC for the HS ice creams, not the same but close enough I guess. They both smell great. Now for the steep.

In desperation at trying to use up my FA Chocolate and Tiramisu in something that is remotely vapeable, I mixed Tiramisu Ice-cream Cake. For the love of Pete, don't buy these concentrates to make this. I only mixed it to use them up. Seems to be quite a lot of creams, which may mute the flavour a bit. That might be a good thing considering it's Tiramisu and Chocolate.

And then to use up some other odds and ends, I tried Caramel Fig Apple Tart v2. I'm not confident that 2.5% total of three top notes is going to shine through 8.5% of pie/tart base notes. But if you don't try it...

Last edited:
Nothing mixed yet.. . But getting ready... managed to get some bottles at an amazing price from Bonpak after battling for weeks now to get from west pack... apparently they supply west pack... Anyway.. . I'm smiling again...
f0c9ebff53296f66fea8521baf793562.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nothing mixed yet.. . But getting ready... managed to get some bottles at an amazing price from Bonpak after battling for weeks now to get from west pack... apparently they supply west pack... Anyway.. . I'm smiling again...
f0c9ebff53296f66fea8521baf793562.jpg

Also getting ready for a big mixing weekend. 18 bottles ready for the washer.

Then, just to round out a busy mixing session, I mixed Dirty Foster. I did a 50ml which is unheard of for a recipe I haven't tried yet. But it's ID10-T and it's bananas, how could I possibly not like it?

Have u tried the kiwi cheesecake before @Rude Rudi ... if yes was it good?
Good enough for me to have it permanently in rotation.
I've been following Wayne's Brown Butter Ice Cream experiment with interest as it's a profile I'm sure I'd like. Alas we have no Hangsen here yet but I decided to mix up two of the sample recipes submitted:
Shyndo's Brown Butter Ice Cream
and
Jerry's BBIC (Brown Butta Ice Cream)

I subbed TFA VBIC for the HS ice creams, not the same but close enough I guess. They both smell great. Now for the steep.

In desperation at trying to use up my FA Chocolate and Tiramisu in something that is remotely vapeable, I mixed Tiramisu Ice-cream Cake. For the love of Pete, don't buy these concentrates to make this. I only mixed it to use them up. Seems to be quite a lot of creams, which may mute the flavour a bit. That might be a good thing considering it's Tiramisu and Chocolate.

And then to use up some other odds and ends, I tried Caramel Fig Apple Tart v2. I'm not confident that 2.5% total of three top notes is going to shine through 8.5% of pie/tart base notes. But if you don't try it...
This is a great coffee cake (using FA Tiramisu), if you have not mixed it yet.

I had a fairly productive day with some recipes that are outside my usual comfort zone:

Philosaphucker's Grack Juice. I only got Inw Grape recently so this is the first time I'm mixing this. I made 50ml, must have been feeling brave.
ThirdWorldOrder's Imperial Butterscotch. Not much risk there, this is universally popular.

I then mixed up a Peach Rings and a Licorice Ice Cream, but cannot seem to find either recipe online. Fruit candy and licorice anything isn't really in my wheelhouse but if they're good, I'll post the recipes as I have them.

I had a fairly productive day with some recipes that are outside my usual comfort zone:

Philosaphucker's Grack Juice. I only got Inw Grape recently so this is the first time I'm mixing this. I made 50ml, must have been feeling brave.
ThirdWorldOrder's Imperial Butterscotch. Not much risk there, this is universally popular.

I then mixed up a Peach Rings and a Licorice Ice Cream, but cannot seem to find either recipe online. Fruit candy and licorice anything isn't really in my wheelhouse but if they're good, I'll post the recipes as I have them.
You either love or hate Grack. I hated it! Yes, you are beyond brave!

Haha, I missed all the hype at the time as I didn't have Inw Grape. I was just going through all my concentrates today trying to get some inspiration for what to mix when I came across a sealed bottle of Inw Grape. So I'm thinking why did I buy this again? And then it struck me. It's been sitting in my stash for two months at least but other things happen and I just don't think of it.

I had the same with ID10-T's Dirty Foster. I wanted to mix that the moment I saw it but didn't have Soho. Even after I got Soho, I only got around to mixing it about four months later. And I still haven't got around to mixing Boogenshizzle's One Milk To Rule Them All. Rudi is going to have stern words with me. :D

My courier guy has started to become very familiar with me. Another delivery means more mixes sent to the steep cupboard. Refilled my Pebbles and Sadlad bottles as well as some new ones.

Dinner Lady Had to sub CAP Lemon Meringue Pie instead of the FW version
Circus Cookies Dazcole remix of a favorite childhood treat
Jungle Cookies Mixed a bottle of this at 0mg nic for the missus to try and calm her Zoob cravings. Thanks to @moonunit
Simply Cannoli Saw @RichJB mention it as one of his ADV and had wanted to mix it up since watching the Cannoli contest on DIYorDIE
Blueberry Creamcake As a Sadlad fanboy I wanted to mix something else up from Rage and it's a profile I enjoy.
Banana Milk Dialed the sweetener down a bit so hopefully not needed that high.
Milk & Honey Smelling the bottle I'm really happy I got FLV Milk & Honey for this. It smells delicious.
Sweet Strawberry Cream Still questing for the right strawberry for me. INW Shisha is my latest so mixing this up to see what it's like in a recipe
Third World Custard Also mixed up a larger bottle of this to be put in the back of the cupboard and steep for a month or two

Have been messing around with my first mixes from scratch and single flavor testing as well. Alot of fun trying to theorycraft something and getting suprised on that first drip when it's actually not that bad :D

Last edited:
My courier guy has started to become very familiar with me. Another delivery means more mixes sent to the steep cupboard. Refilled my Pebbles and Sadlad bottles as well as some new ones.

Dinner Lady Had to sub CAP Lemon Meringue Pie instead of the FW version
Circus Cookies Dazcole remix of a favorite childhood treat
Jungle Cookies Mixed a bottle of this at 0mg nic for the missus to try and calm her Zoob cravings. Thanks to @moonunit
Simply Cannoli Saw @RichJB mention it as one of his ADV and had wanted to mix it up since watching the Cannoli contest on DIYorDIE
Blueberry Creamcake As a Sadlad fanboy I wanted to mix something else up from Rage and it's a profile I enjoy.
Banana Milk Dialed the sweetener down a bit so hopefully not needed that high.
Milk & Honey Smelling the bottle I'm really happy I got FLV Milk & Honey for this. It smells delicious.
Sweet Strawberry Cream Still questing for the right strawberry for me. INW Shisha is my latest so mixing this up to see what it's like in a recipe
Third World Custard Also mixed up a larger bottle of this to be put in the back of the cupboard and steep for a month or two

Have been messing around with my first mixes from scratch and single flavor testing as well. Alot of fun trying to theorycraft something and getting suprised on that first drip when it's actually not that bad :D
Milk & Honey and Sweet Strawberry Cream are 2 of my favourites. Enjoy.

I was a bit disappointed with this... all the hype and it was OK for me...not spectacular - I enjoyed it but is wasn't spectacular... I have a 4 month old bottle - maybe i'll give it another bash!
Same here. It is a relatively old recipe (previously sold in pre-blend format), which was best in class at the time.

Back