What did you Mix today?

Restock
Icee Orange https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/57121

New
Duck Sauce Cookies. https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/57111 A deliciously delicious orange glazed cookie for the cookie lovers who crave a little departure from the plethora of stock standard cookies out 'there'...

Fred Pear. https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/86106 Simple Italian Pear Custard Crostata

Both of the below from here

Gingerbread House.
  • CAP Gingerbread 8%
  • FA Marshmallow 2%
  • TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 1%
  • FA Joy 0.75%
  • CAP Sugar Cookie 2%
  • TFA Sweetner 0.5

Gingerbread Man.

• CAP Gingerbread 6%
  • CAP Sugar Cookie 3%
  • FA Caramel 2%
  • TFA Brown Sugar Extra 1%
  • FLV Vanilla Custard 1%
  • FA Cookie 1%
  • INW Biscuit 0.5%
And worked on the next iteration of both the Hakkabery I am trying to clone, as well as a Peanut Butter and Banana for my dad.

I just got in Cap Gingerbread. The first recipe I will make with it is dazcole's Elevenses. The other one that caught my eye is folkart's Oatmeal Cream Pie, a very easy recipe with low total % and very common ingredients.

Actually, looking through ATF, there are a bunch of quite easy and very promising looking recipes with Cap Gingerbread:
EdibleMalfunction's Spunkuloos
OpenSauce's Lebkuchen
Krucial's Gingerbread Cookies, although Cap Toasted Almond and FW Graham Cracker aren't that common.
Steamroom's Ginger Cakes. I would sub the LA Bavarian Cream with FW or TFA.
Djuna's Winter Warmth looks fantastic.
mlNikon's Apple Bourbon Ginger
ID10-T's Titanic

Most of these are rated recipes which aren't stuffed full of esoteric Flv flavours, not-yet-available-here Vape Train or Delosi Mountain Goat Sputum which absolutely cannot be subbed and has only ever been used in one recipe. So it looks like Cap Gingerbread is a decent flavour to have.

Last edited:
Todays Mixes:

Deez Melonz - I Improved the recipe by changing the Watermelon up a bit, really enjoy this and is part of my Permanent selection
Icee Orange - By @Rude Rudi and has also become part of my permanent Selection and it definitely one of my Top 5 for 2018
Icee Lychee - By @Rude Rudi. Added a touch of Elderberry
Deez Twakkie (V2): Still not strong enough on the Kentucky Blend.
- 2% (INW) AM4A
- 4.5% (FLV) Kentucky Blend
Deez Twakkie (V3): Let see about this one, Still steeping and have not tested.
- 1% (INW) AM4A
- 6% (FLV) Kentucky Blend
Doug's Awesome Sauce - Quite eager to try this one. Found a bottle of Peach (Juicy) in my last BLCK order and could not recall that I selected it or had a recipe for it, Did a search here on the forum, saw doug's awesome sauce and remembered thats what it was for :rofl:

I must say Im really enjoying my DIYs more this year around and @Rude Rudi 's recipes has been a massive inspiration to up my DIY game!!

havent got around to making your Twakkie yet, please let me have feedback on V3 when you try it, thanks

regards

havent got around to making your Twakkie yet, please let me have feedback on V3 when you try it, thanks

regards
Hold out for a bit, I think V3 would be the better one, but still not quite there yet. I will definitely keep you posted as I go

Had quite a mixing weekend.

Icee Apple restock
Icee Grape - First try was quite pleasant. Not too sweet. And not too much of the Fanta Grape flavour either. Just right.
Solus - Restock, but made it without the Catalan Cream and subbed it wit 2% TFA Bavarian Cream. To get a more smooth vape instead of the citrussy spicy notes.
Strawnana Custard - Dropped the custard to 8% and added 1% INW Creme Brulee just for some more richness to the custard part.
KiwanaBerry Custard - First time mix.
Cuprian - Restock
Litchi Mango - Own mix still working on.
Fruity Berry - Own mix still working on. Basically FA Mad Fruit and Forrest Fruit mix that results in juicy, berry, fruity splash without a real main profile.
Kactus Kiwi - Mix for a mate.
Prickly Icy - Mix for a mate

And some experiments with Choffee. Its a great mix but I feel it just needs a something to carry the chocolate other than sweetner. So I made 10ml samples with 2% FA Fresh Cream, 2% TFA VBIC and 2% CAP Vanilla Custard each just to see if one of them can put me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Had quite a mixing weekend.

Icee Apple restock
Icee Grape - First try was quite pleasant. Not too sweet. And not too much of the Fanta Grape flavour either. Just right.
Solus - Restock, but made it without the Catalan Cream and subbed it wit 2% TFA Bavarian Cream. To get a more smooth vape instead of the citrussy spicy notes.
Strawnana Custard - Dropped the custard to 8% and added 1% INW Creme Brulee just for some more richness to the custard part.
KiwanaBerry Custard - First time mix.
Cuprian - Restock
Litchi Mango - Own mix still working on.
Fruity Berry - Own mix still working on. Basically FA Mad Fruit and Forrest Fruit mix that results in juicy, berry, fruity splash without a real main profile.
Kactus Kiwi - Mix for a mate.
Prickly Icy - Mix for a mate

And some experiments with Choffee. Its a great mix but I feel it just needs a something to carry the chocolate other than sweetner. So I made 10ml samples with 2% FA Fresh Cream, 2% TFA VBIC and 2% CAP Vanilla Custard each just to see if one of them can put me in the right direction.
Epic session :)
Curious as to the results of the Choffee test, would like some feedback when you test;)

Epic session :)
Curious as to the results of the Choffee test, would like some feedback when you test;)

Will do. But it will have to steep a while with VBIC and VC being notorious long steepers. But looking forward to it.

I mixed so much my eyes are square :rofl:

Made for me and mates and a few new mixed going on there

E9C194BE-D7F3-4C16-BF3C-B215AF61CF01.jpeg

A productive mixing session I had...

Holy Nilla Rillo - A fabulous spin on the Sweet Leaf recipe by Vurve
Morning Glory - A restock of this baby...
Murky Daughters - Ditto
Holy Holy Custard - Ditto - cant get enough of this!
Wayne’s Papaya, pineapple and guava - an awesome homage to Papaya
Yellow Snow - Another batch of this fantastic, yet simple, combo of yellow fruits
Mango and Coconut Bellini - Me own creation, inspired by a bottle of bubbly I saw at Woolies!
Shorty - Strawberry shortbread with cream - a stunner by SixStrings952
Cinnamon Roll Apple Danish - a slight twist on a classic by ID10-T
Buttermilk Pie- This Southern buttermilk pie turned out superb!! 10 day steep and she shines!
3-2-1- Creme brulee - A restock of this, my unashamed addiction...
Fab Fig Flan - My own creation - I love me some fig...
Eat Your Tart Out! - A restock of this stunning blueberry custard pie
Apple Fritter Waffle - Based off the delicious Dutchie recipe by Runtdastardly - I'm lucky enough to still have a stash of INW Waffle..
Buttered Breads - I finally got round to making this one. Thanks for the reminder @RichJB
The Mess - A nice use of FW Beetle juice - the description tells the story...
A Better World - I have high hopes for this one!!! Tick tock!
Infected - A "delicious caramel mocha coffee with a hint of tobacco" %'s look high but lets see how see turns out. @Andre
French Dude ish - A use for my dusted covered TPA Pancake...
Cardinal - A generous restock...
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake - Apple coffee cake with a touch of cinnamon and a nice cream cheese glaze
Lemon Pound Cake - playing with FLV Pound cake - high % of Pound Cake but it works here.
Lemon pound cake v2 Tootall style - This is a lemon poundncake cooked to perfection and covered with powdered sugar.
Creme de Orange - Another generous restock
Castle Long Clone V2 - I have heard many good things about this baby - 23% flavour total is triple than that of modern recipes but it is hailed as a classic. @Andre have you tried this one?

Murky Daughters - Ditto
Yellow Snow - Another batch of this fantastic, yet simple, combo of yellow fruits
Mango and Coconut Bellini - Me own creation, inspired by a bottle of bubbly I saw at Woolies!
Buttermilk Pie- This Southern buttermilk pie turned out superb!! 10 day steep and she shines!
Apple Fritter Waffle - Based off the delicious Dutchie recipe by Runtdastardly - I'm lucky enough to still have a stash of INW Waffle..
Buttered Breads - I finally got round to making this one. Thanks for the reminder @RichJB
Infected - A "delicious caramel mocha coffee with a hint of tobacco" %'s look high but lets see how see turns out. @Andre
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake - Apple coffee cake with a touch of cinnamon and a nice cream cheese glaze
Lemon Pound Cake - playing with FLV Pound cake - high % of Pound Cake but it works here.
Lemon pound cake v2 Tootall style - This is a lemon poundncake cooked to perfection and covered with powdered sugar.
Castle Long Clone V2 - I have heard many good things about this baby - 23% flavour total is triple than that of modern recipes but it is hailed as a classic. @Andre have you tried this one?
:eek::O:eek::O:eek::O:eek::O:eek:
I hope you have a stirrer :D

Murky Daughters - Ditto
8--) Pro mixing at its best. Hopefully I can do a list like this when I’m grown up.:D

Murky Daughters - Ditto
That is impressive. As @Room Fogger said, one day when I grow up.
Definitely a couple in here for my to do list. Just out of curiosity, do you buy concentrates in bulk?

Last edited:

Murky Daughters - Ditto

Holy moly @Rude Rudi :eek:
That is awesome !

CheebaSteeba gave Mixin Vixens co-host Juicefairy a shout-out on this week's Noted. I had a look through her recipes on ATF and, while First Rule applies in many, I found three that look interesting and which I can mix:

Derailed (Suicide Bunny Remix) which I mixed last night. It struck me that the suicidal bunny may have turned into a Dead Rabbit later, but I digress...
Rumchata de Coco
Morning Moo Juice

I'll be mixing up the latter two as soon as bottles become available.

That is impressive. As @Room Fogger said, one day when I grow up.
Definitely a couple in here for my to do list. Just out of curiosity, do you buy concentrates in bulk?

LOL - No I do not buy bulk - the largest is 30ml for custards but everything else is regular 10ml.

I have amassed a substantial collection and like to widen my collection by including unusual flavours.

I received the new INW Dark Lager form Blck yesterday and cant wait to try it! @Andre, I'll share my notes!!

LOL - No I do not buy bulk - the largest is 30ml for custards but everything else is regular 10ml.

I have amassed a substantial collection and like to widen my collection by including unusual flavours.

I received the new INW Dark Lager form Blck yesterday and cant wait to try it! @Andre, I'll share my notes!!
Just out of curiosity, how many concentrates do you currently have available ?

That is crazy!! Some how I dont think Rule #1 ever applies to you :-D

Well, it actually does - especially with the concentrates not locally available, ie Chefs flavours, Vape Train, etc.
Although I do have a sizable stash, I still suffer from rule #1 - I think that is an inevitable reality for all DIY'ers the world over!

Rule 1 always applies. :D

It's interesting to see the top mixers' experience with flavours. We assume that they have and have tried everything but there are many they are missing. On Noted this week, Cheeba expressed surprise that Cap make a Simply Vanilla, he hadn't encountered it before and thought it was a new SilverLine flavour. Concrete said he hasn't tested any Wonder Flavours yet, ID10-T hadn't tried TFA French Vanilla Deluxe. These are hardly obscure flavours. A couple of months ago, they were discussing Inw Shisha flavours on a podcast and skiddlz remarked that the only ones he'd tried were Strawberry and Vanilla. So, in almost every stash, you will find a lot of holes and flavours that haven't been tried yet. With the arrival of Vape Train and other lines, it's a plight that will increase over time.

Back