What makes High-End... High-End? Part 2

In my opinion, Skyline has to be the BEST RTA TO DATE. Simply flawless in the month or so of use. Basic weekly maintenance keeps this RTA in top form. With the new deck, the options are for any vapour. Cannot wait.

Great to hear @Takie
We must try do a high end photo with all the high end gear on a single table!

We did a similar type of thing about two years ago with the Reos - Rob had his Captain America drip tip - was a fabulous photo.

No he is not allowed to bring the Purple Mod... no 3D printed crap is authorised despite what fancy chip it may have inside! :confused:

In my opinion, Skyline has to be the BEST RTA TO DATE. Simply flawless in the month or so of use. Basic weekly maintenance keeps this RTA in top form. With the new deck, the options are for any vapour. Cannot wait.

No arguments @Ash! I have owned and tested more than a few RTA's in my time...

1. Skyline
2. Hussar
3. Exocet

Special mention need to be made of the NarTa which is an RDTA and it probably wins the flavour race but not the all round usability.

1. Skyline
2. Hussar
3. Exocet

Special mention need to be made of the NarTa which is an RDTA and it probably wins the flavour race but not the all round usability.

Awsome, cannot wait for my BB to arrive with exocet.

1. Skyline
2. Hussar
3. Exocet

@Rob Fisher , I have another question for our resident H.E. Guru. I have been researching h.e.tanks lately and have noticed many of these have plastic type instead of glass tank tubes.Some of the most expensive h.e.RTAs I.e. the Sherman,Hussar,Tilemahos etc.is there a reason for this?

@Rob Fisher , I have another question for our resident H.E. Guru. I have been researching h.e.tanks lately and have noticed many of these have plastic type instead of glass tank tubes.Some of the most expensive h.e.RTAs I.e. the Sherman,Hussar,Tilemahos etc.is there a reason for this?
The Hussar uses a Polycarbonate Tank section. Polycarbonate, if you research it's properties, has a very good resistance to heat. The idea of High End RTA's goes beyond just the creativity and design. There's a lot of thought put in to it. High End RTA's and RDA's try to use the best possible materials to prevent heat at all. For example, if we use our normal tanks, after a short while it will get hot and retain the heat for a while. With HE RTA's, this is not the case as the materials used make heat escape faster and make them resistant to heat. @Rob Fisher can maybe confirm this.

@kev mac @daniel craig is right on the button...

However the Sherman came out with a plastic tank and that was just plain stupid in my opinion! Luckily I grabbed an Ultem tank at the time so didn't suffer a cracked tank like so many did from menthol juices.

@Rob Fisher , what is the difference from a user perspective of an ultem tank versus a glass tank?

Is it just that ultem doesn't break as easily if dropped or am I mistaken?

@Rob Fisher , what is the difference from a user perspective of an ultem tank versus a glass tank?

Is it just that ultem doesn't break as easily if dropped or am I mistaken?

Yes it is much more resilient especially to dropping but it also has non heat transfer properties as well.

Just wanted to share this, not too sure where it belongs but since it is on topic will leave it here.. This is just a short clip, there are plenty more, this place looks cleaner than a restaurant and employs 5 people but it is the plant and the attention to detail is unbelievable. Compare it to something like this and it's clear that you get what you pay for.. I'm not for or against HE or clones so don't come after me.. Even if you don't care for this topic, you gotta love this kit.. "if it doesn't light up your soul, you've got no soul" - the older guys will recognize that.. Group buy anyone?

Back