What work do you do

Yip... its at that point where people would stare at her and even at my girlfriend in the shops. Quite funny when they are approached but these two tall girls and asked if they could kindly stop staring.

Needless to say most people nearly shit themselves... xD

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Business Analyst and BI Developer for a Telecoms Company.

Network/Voice engineer @ BCX

I used to work for BCX Umhlanga, HP/IBM/Dell Server Administrator/Engineer. Was a great company to work for, too bad they don't pay so well.
Left them and signed up at Toyota and couldnt be happier :D

BUMP!

Lots of new people.

I'm in Pharma

During the Day I work at a Engeneering company in the manufacturing industry.
And at night according to my wife I work on her nerves.
:CHALLENGECONSIDERED:

By Profession: Software Engineer, workin with Python, plenty SQL and Java. Iv got one hell of a love for SQL and it’s capabilities. Currently consulting for a major bank but am perm hired by a company ie I’m a consultant.

Private Sideline and Night: App Developer and Freelancer for the great world out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting thread!!!

Im a qualified mechanical fitter,qualified,worked as junior artisan and eventually shift team leader at a steel factory in Mpumalanga until the Russians made it do what the Titanic did.

Moved down to Cape Town to climb into the family business.

I am now a Property Administrator/Ops Manager/Junior Trustee/Office Manager...okay I dont know what I am,I do a bit of everything,but I oversee the utility management of roughly 95(and counting) commercial and residential properties over the Western Cape,as well as installation of electrical and water meters,I also manage the vending to our prepaid clients.

I also enjoy screaming at municipalities on a regular basis.

I travel the world working on the mines installing and training on fleet and material management software.

It pays the bills and I get to see the world. I’m currently in Mexico on a silver mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a carpenter now.
I was a lorry driver for 16 years , the last 8 of them driving wide and long abnormal loads. But I trained as a carpenter before I moved to SA as I wasn't wanting to be away from home every night.
Now I have a steady steam of work doing something that I find satisfying

Ive been working in the Telecomunications Industry (GSM, VOIP) for the last 15 year.

Currently : Customer Networks Engineer

Handle all network faults which our regional offices and clients escalate and work directly with the Mobile operators to resolve the failres from Quality of service, Routing failures, Equipment issues etc.

Used to work as AP Finance Lead but now an english teacher in China getting half of what i used to earn..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

During the day, a Business intelligence developer, and entrepreneur.
At night: batman!

Used to work as AP Finance Lead but now an english teacher in China getting half of what i used to earn..

Hey @Cobrali
Didn't know you had moved to China!
Wow.
wishing you well

Last edited:
You guys know those enriched uranium pellets used in nuclear power stations? Well I use the electricity they generate.

Industrial Engineering, the art of solving problems after creating them. The truth is my job is top secret. So secret even I don't know what I'm doing.

Regards

Hey @Cobrali
Didn't know you had moved to China!
Wow.
wiwhing you well
Haha..thanks @Silver ! I moved here cause of the girlfriend but currently in HK for chinese new years visiting family. Sad thing is that nicotine is banned here so my nic cracings are huge and i can't wait to get back to China so i can use nic juice!

That's a great experience which will be with you forever @Cobrali. I taught English at universities in China for 6 years and it's a time of my life which I will never forget. Which city are you in?

I then moved to Oman (Middle East) and that too was an enriching experience - and much better money, might I add!

Back