While you waited...

playa4life

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
When you Vape Veterans just got started, what did you do while you waited on your first online purchase to arrive? I'm itching to start vaping but my order is around 50 days away from being in my hands.
Not sure if the wait is going to kill me first or the stinkies I'm smoking while I wait for my AL85 t be delivered!!!! :mad::mad::mad::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Waiting sucks!!!
:tiburon:

Love this forum btw!!! Great community!

I've got the International Tracking number yes. By the looks of things the item is not on SA yet.
PS: Once it's in SA, what is the process to get an SAPO tracking number again?
that number should be valid throughout the tracking process even when it is in SA

So, as soon as the package is in SA, give or take a week after it landed, I should be able to track the package on the SAPO tracking app?
If you want, when your international tracking says it's at customs, just phone customs and ask them for the local tracking number. I have a whole bunch of stuff on its way with free shipping also. I bought my first kit locally though lol. Now the wait for other things is easy. I kinda forget about it until my app notifies me that the shipping has changed. Also saved about 50% on the cost, waiting is a non issue for me though.

You have no idea how much I give up to have the money in hand for vaping. :shake: It literally includes everything out and about, a lot of even staple items & things that probably few if any of you or your family does without, non essential things to me that would be essential to you/your family, and all the frivolous things except for vaping. I can make that choice because I have no family, only myself to care for.
Im guessing @E.T. meant that your currency is much stronger than ours (Rand) and wasn't trying to imply that you were a millionaire playboy. :)

On a side note, toilet paper is very over rated, when you can hang your bum over the side of the bath and clean up with a hand shower. :D

Sorry mate, never ordered from them before
No worries. Seems that this is the general consensus when doing the free shipping thing. I'm more at ease now that I know I'm not rowing this boat all by myself.
The wait continues.
At least this gives me time to start vaping without putting myself in debt.
Easy does it.

I feel for you @playa4life
Admire your patience and that you are using the time to research on the forum
Hang in there

I feel for you @playa4life
Admire your patience and that you are using the time to research on the forum
Hang in there
Patience seems to be the name of this game. I could have gone out and spent R1800 in one go by going to my local vape shop and put everything on my credit card but instead, decided to research; do the responsable and save a buck or two while I give my patience a much needed workout. It's paying off. You should see the guns on these things already :-D

No worries. Seems that this is the general consensus when doing the free shipping thing. I'm more at ease now that I know I'm not rowing this boat all by myself.
The wait continues.
At least this gives me time to start vaping without putting myself in debt.
Easy does it.
Also depends who they sent it through. If I use fastech for example, the tracking shows up fine, although my UK Royal Mail parcel had like zero tracking until a random day when all the tracking info just popped up. After it was delivered lol

When you Vape Veterans just got started, what did you do while you waited on your first online purchase to arrive? I'm itching to start vaping but my order is around 50 days away from being in my hands.
Not sure if the wait is going to kill me first or the stinkies I'm smoking while I wait for my AL85 t be delivered!!!! :mad::mad::mad::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Waiting sucks!!!

But like why?
Like it's personal opinion but the main reason I will buy locally is for warranty purposes, I'd prefer paying the little extra at the vape shop like Juicy Joes up the road from me because if its is faulty or becomes faulty I can just take it back. Like imagine the hassle of returning a device

But like why?
Like it's personal opinion but the main reason I will buy locally is for warranty purposes, I'd prefer paying the little extra at the vape shop like Juicy Joes up the road from me because if its is faulty or becomes faulty I can just take it back. Like imagine the hassle of returning a device
I agree, unless the price difference gets to like R600. My order that is on its way cost me like R660, locally it would have been close to 2k. I'd rather just wait. That's just my 2c though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Here's my latest

AliExpress

Uhm... I know people who have been knocked on AliExpress... Not to rain on your parade though but it was on the 3rd r 4th order. The first order was a test run, all went well so they increased the order quantity on the next... went well yet again and again until eventually the paid orders just never arrived.

Uhm... I know people who have been knocked on AliExpress... Not to rain on your parade though but it was on the 3rd r 4th order. The first order was a test run, all went well so they increased the order quantity on the next... went well yet again and again until eventually the paid orders just never arrived.
Thanx @Amir
I'll just make sure I extend my Buyer's Protection on their site. From what I've read, they're pretty good at refunding/resending your order if it does go missing.

Considering that I'm in Cape Town. What is the trail my package would typically follow now?
Currently it's sitting at Processing at JIMC.
Next step? Does it go to Customs at JHB first and then to CT Customs or is it Processing at JHB then Cape Mail then Customs?
Is Cape Mail and Customs the same thing? Probably not hey?
Anticipation is killing me.
Lucky for me, my bro visited me in the week and I was able to pack away the stinkies for the day while we vaped his Pico Mega for the day. I felt sick lighting a cigarette after he left.

Waiting sucks!!!

@playa4life ihave given up on overseas stuff that I get in sa...why?... cos after 10 days I cave in and buy stuff from sa vendors... sure I will wait for stuff that I can't here...

What to expect next Veterans?

Considering that I'm in Cape Town. What is the trail my package would typically follow now?
Currently it's sitting at Processing at JIMC.
Next step? Does it go to Customs at JHB first and then to CT Customs or is it Processing at JHB then Cape Mail then Customs?
Is Cape Mail and Customs the same thing? Probably not hey?
Anticipation is killing me.
Lucky for me, my bro visited me in the week and I was able to pack away the stinkies for the day while we vaped his Pico Mega for the day. I felt sick lighting a cigarette after he left.

@playa4life my last international order took an additional 35 days from the point that yours is at now. Granted I think JHB postal was undergoing some restructuring at the time so hopefully you won't have to suffer as long as that, but with international orders it really is a game of patience.

I believe it will all go through customs in JHB. Don't ignore any private number calls during this time! I once did that for a whole week and it turned out to be customs needing clarification on something.

All going well it will just be a few weeks until it arrives at your local PO.

I could have gone out and spent R1800 in one go by going to my local vape shop and put everything on my credit card but instead, decided to research; do the responsable and save a buck or two while I give my patience a much needed workout.

Well, you technically own the device already and have paid for it but you're not able to use it and must continue to buy cigarettes in the meanwhile. That surely dilutes the saving somewhat? Although, of course, you would have needed to buy juice if you'd got the device immediately, so there's that. Still, I applaud your patience. I'd consider ordering from overseas if it was a second or third vape device and I had something to vape in the meanwhile. For my first device, I couldn't even wait for overnight vapemail. I went into a B&M and bought immediately. When I want it, I want it. :D

If vape budget is an issue, I would recommend making your own DIY coils and juice asap. Although the start-up costs of both are steep (coiling rig, scale, etc), they are once-off costs. Once you have the basics to start coiling/mixing, the savings are immense.

You can also find ways to save further as you go along. I've always been interested in making my own Clapton coils. It's not a major need but something I wanted to dabble in. I could have bought a commercial kit which includes the motor and rig. But it's essentially an electric drill motor and clamp, and I already have two electric drills at home which I use once every 3.5 years to put up a shelf or hang a painting. Why spend on yet another drill motor when I'm not even using the two I already have? Instead I'm getting kimbo to 3D print me a jig from a plan I found on t'interwebs. It will give me a perfectly functional Clapton rig at one-fifth the cost of the commercial kit. Chicken dinner.

Thanx @Stosta
When you say "local post office", do you mean Cape Mail? Coz I didn't put down my home address, I used the company I work for's address. Seeing that I'm there every day anyway and the fact that the company is literally right next door to Cape Mail. I imagined that I'd have to collect from Cape Mail directly?

Back