Aspire Atlantis - A Reonauts Perspective

Marzuq

Goofy Guru
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
I have been using the Aspire Atlantis exclusively since Tuesday evening. Both my reos have taken a back seat and is on a well deserved rest. After 2 full days of vaping i think i am ready to give me impressions.

Build:
Solid as a rock. craftsmanship is really good. its a little bulky in my opinion. There is a slight overhang when its mounted on the IPV2s. No rough edges and everything is in its place.

The Vape:
So here we have a few things to consider. Ill start with what i noticed first.
Additional info: atlantis is mounted on an ipv2s running at 35watt

Heat: the heat factor is intense. starts off moderate and quickly hits its peak. This tank has clearly been designed to pack a punch. Anyone loving hot vapes will love this tank

Throat Hit: now i have tried 3 juices on this tank so far. with each a change of the coil and cleaning of the tank to ensure a fair interpretation. VM - VM4, VM - Banana Cream, Suicide Bunny - Sucker Punch
Where throat hit is concerned, no matter the juice, the throat hit is there. Its a little harder than i would normally go for but still enjoyable.

Flavour : Im not too impressed with the flavour production. it seems a bit muted compared to the cyclops running the same coil build. personally i like the nice intense flavour so for me this is a loss. Also i believe that the hot vape you get takes away from the flavour as well. when i drop the watts on the ipv2s then the flavour improves slightly but then the warmth of the vape isnt comparable to the reo + Cyclops

Vapor: No question this little tank is a cloud blower. Its insane the amount of clouds you can produce from this little unit. Very impressive to say the least.

EDIT: one thing worth mentioning is that this little tank is a juice guzzler. its doesnt hold much juice. i reckon in the region of 2.5 to 3ml. in one evening i have had to top up 3 times.

Overall i dont think its a bad tank. To be honest its the best tank i have tested and for any sub ohmer its a blessing. It will not make my list of all day devices but definitely something i will use to sample juices and use as an inbetweener for a change of pace.

atlantis.jpg

Last edited:
good review.... Have not tried it myself, and don't think i will... to in love with my RDA's, hehe but perhaps at some stage i'll get one for the wife...

Let's just hope the coils are a bit more consistent than that of the nautilus... eish, one coil you can use for as much as a month or more, the next one fails within a week.. very inconsistent...

good review.... Have not tried it myself, and don't think i will... to in love with my RDA's, hehe but perhaps at some stage i'll get one for the wife...

Let's just hope the coils are a bit more consistent than that of the nautilus... eish, one coil you can use for as much as a month or more, the next one fails within a week.. very inconsistent...

@JW Flynn the coils thus far have not let me down. I think ive run through about 18ml of juice and i have yet to get a burnt taste or diminished flavour. one thing i did however notice is that there is a bit of spitting onto the tongue when you taking a draw

Great review @Marzuq ...you've definitely addressed some of the things I was wondering about :clap:

I have been thinking that this would be a great tank to have, but not neccesarily an all day device. The small capacity/high usage of juice just makes it a bit impractical for carrying around :think:

@JW Flynn the coils thus far have not let me down. I think ive run through about 18ml of juice and i have yet to get a burnt taste or diminished flavour. one thing i did however notice is that there is a bit of spitting onto the tongue when you taking a draw

Yip I get that spitting especially after a refill because I use the fill to the top method... I have found a piece of bog roll rolled into a nice long piece and put down the drip tip and turned seems to almost get rid of the spitting and from then on it's fine.

Yip I get that spitting especially after a refill because I use the fill to the top method... I have found a piece of bog roll rolled into a nice long piece and put down the drip tip and turned seems to almost get rid of the spitting and from then on it's fine.
Good advice. I will give that a go and see how it works out. Today is the last day i use the as my all day device before going back to my Vexy and Lima. After that night time and juice testing is its designation

This is soon, I know, but got my Atlantis yesterday afternoon and I love it. I find it to have loads of flavour (currently vaping an @ESH creation - Hertzoggies - nice!), and more than enough cloud (complete white out in car on my way to work.. :)).

I think this will remain in my arsenal for a while.

Very nice review and very informative. thanks for spending the time on this one.

sho 35W , so will my little SVD or Evic be able to handle it ? Also do you have to run at such high watts or will 15-20W also do ?

sho 35W , so will my little SVD or Evic be able to handle it ? Also do you have to run at such high watts or will 15-20W also do ?

I don't think the svd can go down to 0.5ohm. It won't make it. The evic 1 also can't. Unless you have the evic supreme

oh yes sorry evic supreme ... I do have a mech mod as well but firing at 27W it will blow my head clean off :)

Great review @Marzuq
Telling it like you experienced it. Thanks

Mine is a fail, so far, on my HANA (DNA 30)...tried as high as 20W, just POPs even more. No vapour, kak taste. i don't whether it's a bad coil (it works but hardly any vapour) or my DIY juice or...? All i can do is try another coil.

Mine is a fail, so far, on my HANA (DNA 30)...tried as high as 20W, just POPs even more. No vapour, kak taste. i don't whether it's a bad coil (it works but hardly any vapour) or my DIY juice or...? All i can do is try another coil.
Let the coil saturate nicely. Made for 20-30watts mine is awesome on my panzer.

yeah, it soaked for about 15 minutes the first time, then refilled the next day.

Thats odd. Could be inaccurate Watt reading that may be too high. I hit mine at 100watts once and dry burn for days

yeah it is odd, i was surprised.
Cloupor HANA MODZ, never missed a beat. i started at - probably - 9.0W (which is what i do with Aerotank Mega and EVOD - 8.5 to 9.5 and it works fine.) and then started increasing it, just to see. Horrible.

yeah it is odd, i was surprised.
Cloupor HANA MODZ, never missed a beat. i started at - probably - 9.0W (which is what i do with Aerotank Mega and EVOD - 8.5 to 9.5 and it works fine.) and then started increasing it, just to see. Horrible.
Have u tried it on another mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back