Best build for MTL vaping

Then I did this and had the best mtl so far.40 guage stainless wrapped around a needle.and threaded the wick throught the needles eye and wha -lah.
It ohm'ed out at 1.9 but settled on 1.5

Attachments

• tmp-cam-1992302697.jpg
    tmp-cam-1992302697.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 67
Thought it was about ten wraps ,but I see its a bit more now

Then I did this and had the best mtl so far.40 guage stainless wrapped around a needle.and threaded the wick throught the needles eye and wha -lah.
It ohm'ed out at 1.9 but settled on 1.5

wrapped around a needle ? o_O

you Sir do some strange stuff, but I like it !

how was the vape on that coil ?

wrapped around a needle ? o_O

you Sir do some strange stuff, but I like it !

how was the vape on that coil ?

I am currently vaping the coil in my daily mtl setup. I don't cough as i would normally with other builds and it carried me through the day and still vaping it right now. Mind in say Awesome!

Attachments

• tmp-cam-1822457928.jpg
    tmp-cam-1822457928.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 42
I am currently vaping the coil in my daily mtl setup. I don't cough as i would normally with other builds and it carried me through the day and still vaping it right now. Mind in say Awesome!

smallest coil I've ever seen, if it's working for you then why not, enjoy !

First try didnt work so well, the needles eye is flattened out so its wider.
I turned the coil slightly to free up the wraps to get the needle through

@Faiyaz Cheulkar smaller diameter coils bro. Ive had a nice mtl on a 1mm ∅ ,wrapped on a screwdriver. Hope this helps you
you might be right, all the pod systems use 1mm (10 Id) and the vape is smooth. Dont have 40Ga SS wire, only 28Ga SS and 32 GA kanthal, will play with steam engine and see if I am able to get the right build.

Try the
you might be right, all the pod systems use 1mm (10 Id) and the vape is smooth. Dont have 40Ga SS wire, only 28Ga SS and 32 GA kanthal, will play with steam engine and see if I am able to get the right build.
32g first and try to put about 15 wraps on there.
I was going to pop this build in the tonhino to try for a better MTL but decided on the ol16

Wicking was slightly tricky thats why I went with the needle to get the wick throught

Shoot...0.2 ss. I oxidise the coil first.burn till glowing then I have less issues installing and dry burn

I got 3 wire guage conversion tables and all of them give me a different guage. One says 28g,the othe 36 and then 40. But in mm its 0.2 checked on vernier

@Faiyaz Cheulkar had an issue burning my wick and didnt have the energy to remove the coil.
I layed a fresh wick over the coil.made a hole in the center and sandwiched the coil.
Results is still good

Attachments

• 1538253953999.jpg
    1538253953999.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 51
Tried this yesterday night, ss 28g , used the 15 Id as 10 was too small for my eyes to wick
IMG_20181003_224853.jpg
IMG_20181003_224908.jpg
Smooth vape and works well with tc

Attachments

• IMG_20181003_224911.jpg
    IMG_20181003_224911.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 14
Happy you got your MTL sorted bro.
The vape is like I wanted, very similar to the pod systems I normally use for nic salts. Have been using it on TC -180degreeC set to a max 15w power and on wattage mode at 13 watts.
I feel the flavour could be better.
Got the MTL wire from @bulldog( thanks again for helping me out.) Waiting for the tank to finish and will put in a new coil and see if the flavour improves with the MTL wire.

Sent from aPhone

@Faiyaz Cheulkar if you go smaller coils.get a nice needle or the cotton threader thing people use to thread a needle.its got a thin wire that flexes shut as it passes through the needle.it should be perfect for coiling through thin coils

@Faiyaz Cheulkar if you go smaller coils.get a nice needle or the cotton threader thing people use to thread a needle.its got a thin wire that flexes shut as it passes through the needle.it should be perfect for coiling through thin coils

Back