Confirmation emails for new members

Scott

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Morning everyone. I was accepted as a newbie on Monday the 8th of May. I just want to draw to admins attention that I tried numerous times to join previously using my cellphone. I have full internet and email access on my phone and completed the registration details. I received a banner saying a link had been sent to my live.com email address under the user name Gregz.
However, this email has never been received to date despite numerous attempts to resend. i searched through all my settings and could find nothing wrong. I then noticed that the email address reflected in the confirmation address had a dot after the com! This is all I can imagine would throw it out and cause the confirmation email to be floating somewhere in cyberspace.
Can admin look into this as the forum could be losing hundreds of potential new members.
I also have to say I in desperation managed to become a new member using my work computer and work email under the name Scott as Gregz and my private email has "been allocated" to a very sad and desperate me!
I cant log on to my profile if I use my cellphone as the forum doesn't recognise my email address or cellphone number. Can this be rectified?
Cheers,
Scott

Thanks I will see what they say about my issue. I really am loving the information available on the forum and would hate to only be able to access it at work.
Have you tried using Tapatalk? I'm using it with no issues at all.

Have you tried using Tapatalk? I'm using it with no issues at all.
Thanks for the suggestion. The phone suggested I try load Tapatalk but when I tried to find it to download it does'nt appear to be available on the nokia lumina with a windows operating system. I have roped in the help of a friend who is an IT boffin to try help me this evening.

Morning everyone. I was accepted as a newbie on Monday the 8th of May. I just want to draw to admins attention that I tried numerous times to join previously using my cellphone. I have full internet and email access on my phone and completed the registration details. I received a banner saying a link had been sent to my live.com email address under the user name Gregz.
However, this email has never been received to date despite numerous attempts to resend. i searched through all my settings and could find nothing wrong. I then noticed that the email address reflected in the confirmation address had a dot after the com! This is all I can imagine would throw it out and cause the confirmation email to be floating somewhere in cyberspace.
Can admin look into this as the forum could be losing hundreds of potential new members.
I also have to say I in desperation managed to become a new member using my work computer and work email under the name Scott as Gregz and my private email has "been allocated" to a very sad and desperate me!
I cant log on to my profile if I use my cellphone as the forum doesn't recognise my email address or cellphone number. Can this be rectified?
Cheers,
Scott

Hi @Scott, I have manually changed the user state of user "Gregz" to "Valid". Please try logging in with that from your phone, and let me know if you have a problem.

Hi @Scott, I have manually changed the user state of user "Gregz" to "Valid". Please try logging in with that from your phone, and let me know if you have a problem.
Thanks very much but my IT friend managed to get me access on my phone on my successful application using my work email address and user name Scott. I think I will continue as is. Your effort and assistance though is greatly appreciated.

I had this issue too. Took over a week to get confirmation e-mai after I registered. Just thought I'd mention it as someone on tapatalk is currently having the same issue.

Back