[Guide] How to drill out your Nautilus Mini

Alex

Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...i2/guide_how_to_drill_out_your_nautilus_mini/
bored nautilus
By desertman123 · 12 hours ago · 8 images · 1,314 views · stats
Standard 1.8Ω BVC coil

For this you're going to need a drill, drill index, needle nosed pliers and a vice.
Positive pin removed

Use the pliers to take the center pin out. It'll just slide out with some effort.
Positive pin

Here's the first thing we'll drill out. The holes look a little small.. especially that top one. Stick it in the vice and go at it. The metal is relatively soft so it wasn't too hard to drill it out.
Airflow ring + bottom holes on pin

I used a 2.43mm drill bit for the bottom holes on the pin, along with the airflow ring on the bottom of the nautilus itself.
Top hole on pin

2.34mm drill bit. I guess I could've used the same bit I used for the bottom holes, but in the end the metal looked pretty thin and I didn't really wanna cut anymore out.
Drilled airflow ring

Set your airflow to whichever setting you want to make bigger. For myself I used the largest setting. Along with the pin, it was pretty easy to cut through.
That's a bit better

You could file the hole a little if it feels too rough, for me I don't really care.
Original left - drilled right

Old vs. new. What an improvement! Make sure to wash everything well to get the metal shavings out! Don't want to be inhaling those. Just put the pin back in the coil (be sure not to push down the wire running up the side) and reassemble the nautilus as usual. You'll feel a huge difference! I can take decent lung hits with this now, and I'm used to my RDA.

That looks cool, but that bottom bit of the head, is made out of chromed brass, you'll most likely be ok.
But, its not entirely without risk.

Back