Idea for Classifieds

BuzzGlo

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
I think it would be cool to create a naming convention for location of Item in the thread title.

E.g

[Jhb-RDA] Item for sale Title
[Pta-RBA] other for sale
[CT-Clero] etc
[Dbn-Mod]
[PTA-BAT]

Bat-battery

It would save time.

I get where you're coming from, but ... most deals are done and shipped nationwide anyway and not everybody lives in the main cities so abbreviations are pointless and it's just going to confuse matters. Also alot of sales are for a batch of items. It's not like there's tons of classifieds going on daily. The ads are relevant to those that are looking for them, if you do not know whether a item is an RBA or a mod, then research till you do and decide if it's right for you...we all do it as part of this hobby. The biggest time wasters are items for offer ads without ballpark expected prices.

Last edited:
I get where you're coming from, but ... most deals are done and shipped nationwide anyway and not everybody lives in the main cities so abbreviations are pointless and it's just going to confuse matters. Also alot of sales are for a batch of items. It's not like there's tons of classifieds going on daily. The ads are relevant to those that are looking for them, if you do not know whether a item is an RBA or a mod, then research till you do and decide if it's right for you...we all do it as part of this hobby. The biggest time wasters are items for offer ads without ballpark expected prices.
I agree with you on this one. I don't think there is a need for this to be included in classified titles.

I think it would be cool to create a naming convention for location of Item in the thread title.

E.g

[Jhb-RDA] Item for sale Title
[Pta-RBA] other for sale
[CT-Clero] etc
[Dbn-Mod]
[PTA-BAT]

Bat-battery

It would save time.

I like your suggestion @BuzzGlo - and thanks for taking the time to explain it

Unfortunately, trying to get folk to stick to this type of convention would be pretty difficult. We have a hard time getting people to stick to the basics - describing their item correctly, including a price and a photo etc. I also agree with @huffnpuff that shipping is a nationwide thing and that many folk have multiple items for sale. But i still understand where you are coming from - i.e. that some folk like to do local meetups to get their goods.

Oh, when you a get a chance @BuzzGlo , please upload a cool avatar pic for yourself
Log in with a normal browser, click your name in the top right and select "avatar"
A pic that is 300 by 300 pixels works best

Nice 1 haha

Back