Innovative Innokin disposable

This has promise ... let them get their nicotine levels down to acceptable levels and they may well have a winner :think:
I'm really interested in the water based technology. Someone on the forum mentioned it before I could be wrong, but I think it was @Stew. Now I see it Was. Released last year in the UK. Bollocks, what about us :D

I tested a water-based vape at the Hall of Vape in Germany and was impressed with the smoothness and the flavour... but nic was way too high, as always. Will be interesting to see if it makes its way to SA.

I tested a water-based vape at the Hall of Vape in Germany and was impressed with the smoothness and the flavour... but nic was way too high, as always. Will be interesting to see if it makes its way to SA.
Yes me too, apparently it's doing good in the UK. Maybe we should tag @Gina I maybe she could point out the way.

The e-liquid for these is made in the UK where the Nic mg limit is 20mg, even our nicotine (unless you know somebody) is supposed to be bought as no higher than 20mg Nic shots (they tend to be 18mg) so can't see these being silly strengths!

20mg is high in my book, heard about the hype a while back about this being developed but despite being made just up the road from me have never seen these on sale or anyone vaping them just spent 10 minutes searching online to see how available they are and in 10 minutes I could only find them on the manufacturers site so hardly doing well.

I also don't see how innovative this so called water based e-liquid is as they are only 30% water and I know plenty of PG intolerant vapers who use just VG but then add 20% distilled water and have done for years so adding just an extra 10% is hardly the next big thing and for that they take the piss on price, £6 for a "2ml" disposable, let's hope they don't get popular because I don't care they say these are 95% recyclable the majority will still end up in landfill!
0967d9ee4e0df85388d2ca5cb9dd2826b57d55e3_2_690x459.jpeg

20mg is high in my book, heard about the hype a while back about this being developed but despite being made just up the road from me have never seen these on sale or anyone vaping them just spent 10 minutes searching online to see how available they are and in 10 minutes I could only find them on the manufacturers site so hardly doing well.

I also don't see how innovative this so called water based e-liquid is as they are only 30% water and I know plenty of PG intolerant vapers who use just VG but then add 20% distilled water and have done for years so adding just an extra 10% is hardly the next big thing and for that they take the piss on price, £6 for a "2ml" disposable, let's hope they don't get popular because I don't care they say these are 95% recyclable the majority will still end up in landfill!
0967d9ee4e0df85388d2ca5cb9dd2826b57d55e3_2_690x459.jpeg
Well for me it's a step forward. At least they're trying to do something we have issues with and that's littering. I've picked up 5 empty disposables this week alone and all looks like they were tossed out a window because it was found on the road and that's from when I could stop and pick it up
Then the other point I like is more water less issues for me. I have a coconut allergy and certain times of the year certain VG is also not good for me. So moving forward is a good thing.
So I'm for this even though you're view makes perfect sense. They just need to put more effort in and get it to 80% water in the next few years and work up to a rebuildables version.

I've picked up 5 empty disposables this week alone
Is that all, much bigger problem in the UK, the problem is most people will toss a disposable if it's recyclable or not, Why do we need disposables at all? Vaping was very successful at helping smokers quit before disposables came along appealing to the young, getting non smokers hooked on nicotine who choose them as a lifestyle choice, littering the streets and giving anti vaping groups some genuine ammo to sling at us for a change. Within a year there will be some form of ban on disposables in places like the UK and New Zealand which will prevent more drastic action on vaping in general!

Well that's the human condition. People will do what they want to whether it's right or wrong. I can't argue with that and I sure can't answer for UK or new Zealand governments. I can't even answer for the SA government and yet all three of these governments. So many things wrong in this world, but if it makes governments money. it's right anyway.

Well that's the human condition. People will do what they want to whether it's right or wrong. I can't argue with that and I sure can't answer for UK or new Zealand governments. I can't even answer for the SA government and yet all three of these governments. So many things wrong in this world, but if it makes governments money. it's right anyway.
Our government are the muppet show but about the only thing they have got right is their stance on vaping, being very pro vaping; accepting the science and the fact vaping is the most successful tool to help people stop smoking rather than listening to the fake news around vaping so their concern about disposables are genuine concerns which even the vast majority of vapers agree with and nothing to do with money. The majority of disposable users are neither ex smokers or vaped before disposables came along getting a whole new generation hooked on nicotine which is undoing the good vaping has done, I'm sorry but I just have very strong views about them, I think I reviewed just one disposable when they were new but very quickly spotted the negatives and they are the reason I no longer review because I refused to review them so the manufacturers attitude was if you won't review our disposables then we won't send you anything else which I was perfectly ok with because you have to try and do the right thing by your own conscience! There may be vapers who for certain reasons find disposables useful and are responsible as they can be in their disposal but I would urge them to look at the bigger picture and the reputational harm these evil things are doing to vaping, I can see these if not banned soon causing the ban on vaping full stop!

The only use I can see for disposables is where a person is too old and frail to build/rewick/fill. In this case they should be available via prescription or through an authorized organization

The only use I can see for disposables is where a person is too old and frail to build/rewick/fill. In this case they should be available via prescription or through an authorized organization
Not maybe where a person buys expensive gear and it breaks because he don't push a pen and paper???
IMG-20230922-WA0000.jpgIMG-20230520-WA0000.jpg
Sometimes we use the correct words, but in the wrong context.
None of us is getting any younger and hopefully we will all die before we become too old and frail to rewick and refill.
See what I did there? Offensive to some but, reasonably minded people will take the good out of the bad I just said.
So yes I will buy a disposable if it meets my needs, but currently they don't.

Not maybe where a person buys expensive gear and it breaks because he don't push a pen and paper???
View attachment 277494View attachment 277495
None of us is getting any younger and hopefully we will all die before we become too old and frail to rewick and refill.
See what I did there? Offensive to some but, reasonably minded people will take the good out of the bad I just said.
If it was just smokers using them to help quit or vapers making use of their convenience in certain situations as your photos give one good example then I would have no problem with them but sadly the majority of disposable users neither smoked or vaped previously (many of school age) and are getting hooked on nicotine which I believe is by design! Cheap simple pen style pod systems and ego set-ups quite happily served the same purpose for situations as the photo shows previously and in a time when the cost of living is spiralling they could be seen as a cheap alternative when actually someone using these on a permanent basis would soon find they are a false economy!

If it was just smokers using them to help quit or vapers making use of their convenience in certain situations as your photos give one good example then I would have no problem with them but sadly the majority of disposable users neither smoked or vaped previously (many of school age) and are getting hooked on nicotine which I believe is by design! Cheap simple pen style pod systems and ego set-ups quite happily served the same purpose for situations as the photo shows previously and in a time when the cost of living is spiralling they could be seen as a cheap alternative when actually someone using these on a permanent basis would soon find they are a false economy!
Yes and I'd still rather see someone vape than smoke and yes, It's shitty to pick up after people.

Most people I know that started smoking, was in school at the time. Some even before high school so I doubt that it would have been any different. The good thing is there's a safer choice and even if it takes how long we need to educate people on disposal, health issues and everything else. We actually. Need to be more proactive as long term Vapers because vaping stands to loose ground with all these new rules and laws against vaping.

View attachment 277494View attachment 277495
And thanks to the legends that gifted me these mods... You're all awesome!

I can only speak for UK but before vaping, cigarettes had become pretty much impossible for school kids to get unless they had irresponsible parents who bought them then gave them to their kids, where they are available they are hidden from view because they are not allowed to be seen and if sold to underage (the age limit has increased) the fines are very high so before vaping we didn't have an issue with school kids smoking (in fact in general smoking was sharply decreasing partly due to education and partly due to costs because of taxation, cigarettes are about 10 times more expensive in the UK than SA). Then vaping came along and there was an issue with kids getting pod systems but I could pass 50 kids while out and about and maybe one or two would be vaping so the good vaping was doing to help people stop smoking in my view was worth it.

Well then disposables came along and I can't pass a kid who hasn't got one in their hands and even on forums I have started noticing a few people joining of adult age who have never smoked but now vape because they started on these things from hell and are now addicted to nicotine, I've seen in the media that other countries have the same issue, it's an epidemic!

Yet another issue is these disposables are being taken from stores then tested and not passing regulations despite originally passing to get the certifications to be sold in the UK, that means what is being tested to what is then being sold are not the same thing, anything could be inside them, or other safety issues.

Last edited:
Most people I know that started smoking, was in school at the time. Some even before high school so I doubt that it would have been any different. The good thing is there's a safer choice and even if it takes how long we need to educate people on disposal, health issues and everything else. We actually. Need to be more proactive as long term Vapers because vaping stands to loose ground with all these new rules and laws against vaping.
You have a point there ... When I started smoking we had some pretty hectic cigarettes at our disposal; Gold Dollar, President, Lexington, Lucky Strike to name a few of the real nasties, and prior to 1977 there were no regulations to speak of, with 3+mg of nic in an unfiltered cigarette along with enough tar to resolve our pothole challenge fairly normal. My father used to smoke from a box of 50's, (I recall him being pissed off when they shrunk them to packs of 30's), yet also had convenient packs of 5's and 10's for schoolchildren? ... It seems the disposable manufacturers are following a similar route, certainly in SA, albeit with greater success hiding their highly addictive 50mg Nic Salts behind flavours we lacked in ye day, and I believe it will be the disposables that will be the downfall of the industry ... I say ban 'em!

Yep we had the same problem in the 70's I remember up until the mid eighties, not being allowed to sell to the underage was pretty much ignored and not policed with any real effort, some shops even sold school kids single cigarettes (shocking if you think about it now but it was common). But over the years with stiffer penalties and education a school kid smoking would become a pariah rather than the norm but then came along high mg nic salt disposables and they are all using them!

Last edited:
Yep we had the same problem in the 70's I remember up until the mid eighties, not being allowed to sell to the underage was pretty much ignored and not policed will any real effort, some shops even sold school kids single cigarettes (shocking if you think about it now but it was common). But over the years with stiffer penalties and education a school kid smoking would become a pariah rather than the norm but then came along high mg nic salt disposables and they are all using them!
I recall my Dad regularly stopping off at shops on the "morning school run" back in ye day, and having me run in to buy him cigarettes ... in my school uniform! ... and ... nothing has changed. I regularly drive past a well known franchised vape store fairly close to my home, that I'm sure is strategically positioned, as it is literally on a schools doorstep, to which everytime I pass it, can't help noticing the school children in it. Whilst I acknowledge that we have some fairly "senior of age" pupils in the new SA, they're certainly not adults.

Timwiss has a long memory, 1n 1974 I could go into my local corner shop and get a bag of baccie or singles no issue. A book of matches was 1/2 P. The old couple that ran the shop (out of their front room) knew fine well we all smoked.

It really is a great pity that what started as a smoking cessation tool has now become victim to big vaping

And that just gave me an idea that I hope I can get up and running soon.

Back