Recommendations squonk or boro device

Spongebob

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Hi Peeps

As the title suggests I am looking to switch devices. Nord 5 is my daily driver but I would rather rebuild than buy pre-made coils. So I'm either looking at a rebuildable AIO type of device or a squonker or a boro device. Please note I have never used a squonk device. Did see the Meson AIO but the 510 driptip was the deal breaker. Needs to tick the following boxes:

* lightweight
* pocket friendly
* not a bulky device
* mesh and normal coil deck if possible
* 18650 battery or high Mah internal battery
* if a squonk device would prefer an rda that squonks into a tank
* let's disregard price for now

Your thoughts/experiences?

Thanks
Freddie

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

Forget Squonk if you want pocket-friendly.
Boro's are a bit of a pain to be honest.
Your best bet is a regulated mod and an RTA. Best of all worlds!

I would suggest picking up the regulated squonk like the empire or pulse uses 21700 batteries and is regulated very compact and nice hand feel, im sure you could find a few good suggestions for an rda like the profile rda (uses mesh) or the reqium rda both comes with squonk pins, wont have any leaking issues unless you over squonk I personally don't use mesh coils but heard good things about the profile. Hope you find what you looking for good luck

My first squonk was the Arctic Dolphin Crea. I found that with a Rebirth RDA that I was chewing through juice quicker than Popeye eats spinach. Down the line I got a hold of a Furyan, a great big hunk of a squonk. Definitely not pocket friendly but far better at providing juice from the 9ml bottle. Other RDA's came along, a Drop and a Tauren and with lots of coil building and wicking, I now have three of them and have them dialed in. Through out this time, I have tried pot mods, regulated, mechs and various tanks.

Do I like a squonk, YES I do, but the are not pocket friendly, they can be messy if you are not articulate and they can chew both batteries and juice.

Rob Fisher has given some good advice, a reg mod and a good RTA or RDTA will be better suited for every day carry.

Failing that , if you wish to go squonk, this would be my recommendation.

Also this

Forget Squonk if you want pocket-friendly.
Boro's are a bit of a pain to be honest.
Your best bet is a regulated mod and an RTA. Best of all worlds!
Thanks uncle Rob, so in the sense of smallest in size and lightweight, what would you suggest? Does one get an rta that can do mesh and normal coils?

Thanks uncle Rob, so in the sense of smallest in size and lightweight, what would you suggest? Does one get an rta that can do mesh and normal coils?

Dvarw MTL CL with short glass. I gave up on Mesh a long time ago.... It was touch and go..., and the awesome flavour or a massive dry hit! :)

For a budget friendly, small m, amazing regulated mod you can’t go wrong with the new vaperesso gen 200. It’s tiny for a dual 18650 mod!

Rta’s are super personal and there’s so many choices!

What kind of vape do you enjoy and I’m sure we all can point you in the general right direction!

For a budget friendly, small m, amazing regulated mod you can’t go wrong with the new vaperesso gen 200. It’s tiny for a dual 18650 mod!

Rta’s are super personal and there’s so many choices!

What kind of vape do you enjoy and I’m sure we all can point you in the general right direction!
I looked around and would prefer a single coil rta, not too big, preferably 24mm or less and a postless deck will be great. Had a look at the requiem and blaze? Your thoughts?

I looked around and would prefer a single coil rta, not too big, preferably 24mm or less and a postless deck will be great. Had a look at the requiem and blaze? Your thoughts?

I didn’t bind with the requiem but that’s me and others loved it.

Haven’t used the blaze so can’t comment.

i moved from a Nord 5 to a Geekvape Aegis L200 with a Zeus tank.

in terms of device size it was fine for me but I would never recommend a Bottom latch device to anyone. been less than a year and my door doesn't latch so I am researching upgrades actively.

so when you are looking for options break your search down into 2 different categories:
Tank
Mod

When looking at Mod's based on the size you want you want single sell devices.
Be sure to get a device that has a 510 connector so you can get any tank that works for you. and so you don't get suckered into some bran and their options for your device.
Avoid bottom Latch based battery devices. hinges and latches take wear and eventually break. nothing is going to stop that. personally I think C Clip style is best.

Last bit of advice:
go look at the device in person. inspect the device, fiddle with putting in a battery and taking it out. look at failure points. same for when you get your tank. see the tank on the device. feel it with the battery in. what works for you is going to be based on what you enjoy in your hand and no review is going to change that at any point.

Back