Throne Tank - Vaptio

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Throne Tank by Vaptio. The Throne Tank was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Jason from Vaptio.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/throne-tank_979/

In the Box

Contents:

Throne Tank
D1 Coil 0.25 Ni/cr pre-installed
D1 Coil 1.2 FeCrAl (MTL)
Wide bore 510 drip tip pre-installed
Narrow Bore 510 drip tip (MTL)
Spare Glass
User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics

The Throne Tank comes in the usual Vaptio packagng and as the name suggests is very Regal in design. Calling it The Throne was obviously a second choice (to keep a royal link) with Uwell already having the Crown range of tanks. So when it gets to aesthetics Throne is a Red Herring as the tank is 100% designed with a crown in mind. The tank i received is Silver/Gold (but there are many colour options going to be available) which as visible black o-rings with the joints between the top and bottom sections to the glass being Gold plated (The inner of the base and top-cap is also gold plated). The base section has duel cyclops with stopper airflow and as the look of an understated upside down crown (the result being plenty of heavy texturing). Nothing understated about the top section, it's a large crown shape with in keeping texturing fit for any King. Looking through the glass the air chamber has "Throne" engraved on it in a fancy font. The tank comes with a wide bore 510 drip tip installed but can be changed for the supplied shapely narrow bore one which is more suited for MTL but either tip suits the design of the tank well in my opinion. I like original designs and the Throne has a look all of it's own.

Specs:

Stainless Steel
Gold Plated Parts
Glass
Diameter: 23.5mm
Height: 54.9mm
Capacity: 2.0ml
Colours: Silver/Gold, Black/Gold, Silver, Black, Red, Blue

Fitting Coils, Filling Tank

The top of the Throne screws off revealing the protruding top section of the coil which is housed inside the air chamber, The rest of the tank is sealed by a soft rubber bung. The coils are plug in but as it's Vaptio it's "HOTSWAP TECH" (you have to love it), simply grip the protruding part of the coil and pull out. Fitting a new coil is just a matter of pushing the new coil in place until it clicks. The chamber shuts off the juice intakes when the top-cap is removed and opens when screwed back into place (it is fully automated), so coils can be changed while juice is still in the tank without any mess. Shutting the juice off also prevents flooding and leaking while the vacuum is interrupted during filling. To fill the tank push the nozzle of your bottle past the bung and fill, when the nozzle is removed the tank reseals. After screwing the top-cap or should i say the crown back on (the juice intakes automatically open) wait a couple of mins and take a few draws without firing, then your good to vape.

Performance

To start with i swapped coils as i wanted to see if you could MTL with the supplied D2 coil 1.2ohms. The very narrow bore and resistance made me hopeful but had concerns with the airflow. The recommended wattage is 5w-20w with a best in the range of 10w-15w and yes it definitely allowed me to MTL, however it was a bit airy but a lot tighter than i expected. To get a tight MTL vape with a tank like this the airflow ring needs to be able to turn past the cyclops and then have a series of small holes for MTL. As said it was rated best at 10w-15w but i got great flavour (sweet spot for me) at 18w with airflow slightly open. The 0.25 coil is rated at 30w-70w with best between 40w-60w, i found this best at 45w and it gave as good as flavour as any other good sub-ohm coil. I would like to see a couple more coil options for the Throne to give more choice such as a 0.4ohm and maybe another MTL option but due to the narrow shape of the coils the Throne is not going to accommodate high wattage coils. The Throne was designed alongside the Wall Crawler mod and is the included tank in the Wall Crawler Kit. The Throne is a good tank in it's own right but anyone who gets the Wall Crawler kit will be getting a very decent tank

Pros

Well made
Great Unique Look
Resealing top-fill
Quick no mess coil change
Can use own 510
MTL or DL (low to mid range)
Very Good Flavour From Coils

Cons

Only 2 coils available at the moment
Airflow for MTL could be done better
Only 2ml capacity

Conlusion

A unique looking high quality made tank with coils suited to giving Airy MTL or low to Mid DL vaping. The plug in style coils and top-fill system makes it a very easy, no fuss tank to use.

I would once again like to thank Jason from Vaptio for supplying The Throne Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/throne-tank_979/

Last edited:
Back