VZone Preco Disposable Sub Ohm Tank

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Preco Disposable Sub Ohm Tank from Vzone. The Preco Disposable Sub Ohm Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Chloe from VZone.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/tank/preco-tank.html

Introduction

When i first heard of the Preco i was dubious i must admit, but then while i was waiting for the Preco tanks to arrive i started thinking a lot of us started on the cheap disposable clearomizers, and pod systems with their disposable pods are all the rage so why not a disposable Sub Ohm tank, and one with a 0.15ohm mesh coil and adjustable airflow to it's credit. By the time i filled one up with juice to give it a try i had already been half won over on the idea, the rest will be down to the Preco, so how did it fair? I'll crack on and give my thoughts.

In the Box

Contents:

3 X Preco Disposable Sub Ohm Tanks
Spare Silicone Fill Bungs
Quality Assurance Certificate

Aesthetics

The Preco comes in packs of 3 in packaging designed to be put on display hooks in vape shops, you also receive spare juice port bungs. I received both colours which are Clear and Ash, the Ash is a tinted finish and both colours are fully translucent. On the top section we have a bit of texturing to help with grip but the main aesthetic feature of the tank is that it's fully see through so the insides can be seen. The tank has small dual cyclops airflow slots and above one slot we have printed "PRECO" and the other "VZONE". The mouthpiece does look like a drip tip and feels like one in the mouth but it's an extension of the top section and can't be removed. The base of the Tank has very solid 510 threading and a protruding Gold plated 510 surrounded by peek insulator. The fact is it's a disposable plastic tank but for what it is i am very impressed with how well it's been made, it looks pretty good too.

Preco Specs and Features:

Size: 40x24mm
Weight: 16g
Material : PC and Stainless Steel
Capacity: 3ml/ 2ml(EU version)
Resistance: 0.15ohm
Rated Wattage: 40-70W (Best 50-60W)
Non replaceable mesh coil system
Food grade poly-carbonate
Bottom Dual Airflow
Colours: Clear, Ash

Throw Away Tank and the Environment Gripe.

One issue that can go against the Preco is the fact it ends up plastic going into the bin, and the very few comments i have heard about it is about this issue. While i have nothing against those caring about the environment having an issue as they have a point i don't hear them saying the same when yet another disposable pod system is released or making a big issue about stock coils. Unless people make the same issues about these other vaping disposable items then it's a when it suits attitude (i can't stand selfish when it suits attitudes).

Filling the Preco

The Preco is an all one piece unit so you can't prime the mesh coil as normal but after filling the tank leave it a good 10 minutes before you start vaping. On the top surface next to the mouthpiece we have a silicone bung which when removed reveals a good size fill port. The silicone bung does remain attached to the tank when removed for filling, despite this spares are included just in case it gets snapped off and lost. Once filled replace the bung and then as already mentioned leave for 10 mins to make sure the cotton gets a good soaking. The coil that's installed in the Preco is a 0.15ohm Mesh coil rated between 40W and 70W with a best between 50W and 60W.

Using the Preco

Once the tank is filled and has been left to stand for a while just treat the Preco like any other sub ohm tank. The Preco has adjustable airflow which is a big plus, to adjust simply turn the top section where the textured finish is and the airflow adjusts with really nice resistance, it also has a stopper.

My Experience Using the Preco

A plastic throw away tank costing roughly the same as a decent mesh coil i really wasn't expecting too much but i was thrown a curve ball, it's pretty damn good. The flavour is way better than any pod system i have used and although it's not up there with the best tanks using mesh coils it's not on another ball park either, it's really very flavoursome. The airflow being adjustable is a bonus however fully open is a restricted lung hit and as you close the airflow down it gets more restricted but remains a lung hit so not for MTL or DL vapers who like loads of air. The airflow is smooth and cloud production is very impressive i used the precco as low as 40w with 25% airflow open, right up to 70w fully open and settled for airflow fully open at 60w, at 70w the vape was too warm for me but the tank itself kept cool. I received the Preco tank 10 days before writing this and have turned to it a good many times including using it for a whole day vaping a lot (over vaping because i wanted to get an idea of longevity). I was asked how many tanks i would need to do the review and i told Chloe 3 as to be honest i didn't think they would last but i have only used the one tank and must of refilled it at least 8 times and the flavour is still very good.

Cost effective

I am not 100% sure on the price, the figures i have heard floating around are between $15 and $18 for a pack of 3 which when you consider the price of 3 good mesh stock coils or 3 pods for a pod device then they are at a very competitive price.

Who Is The Preco Going To Appeal To?

I think the Preco does have a market, those DL vapers who would use pod systems if they gave the vape they enjoyed could well give the Preco a look, i also think the new vaper who might want a go at sub ohm vaping for the first time but don't want to splash out on an expensive tank until they know it's for them. For my part i could see myself if going on holiday taking a cheap single battery device and a pack of these and there are people that just like vaping to be as easy as possible and would be tempted by the Preco rather than constantly changing coils. Personally i think having a pack of Preco's in the drawer could at some time come in very handy for many vapers.

Pros

For what they are very well made
Light (only 16g)
Mesh coil
Refillable
Packs of 3 (which possibly keeps price down)
Spare fill port bungs
Adjustable airflow
Very decent flavour
Impressive Cloud
Solid 510 connection
Convenient
Competitively Priced

Cons

Can't replace coils
Some people won't like the look of a plastic tank
Only suitable for variants of Restricted Direct lung vapers
No single tank option (only comes in packs of 3)

I would once again like to thank Chloe from VZone for supplying the Preco Disposable Sub Ohm Tank for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/tank/preco-tank.html

Last edited:
Back