1 or 2 Flavour DIY Recipes

I have am4a now, but what is the steep time? I understand that tobacco vapes aren't shake and vape.

PS @Andre can we please make this great thread a sticky, it is something diy noobs and pros appreciate. *edit: I believe

Does anyone else agree AM4A smells much like Antiseptic (Dettol in particular) when first mixed up. I've let this breathe a bit and certainly going to let it sit for as long as I can.

Needed a quick menthol fix and threw this simple recipe together the other day:

FW Extreme Ice - 3%
FA Red Touch - 8%

Give it at least 24h to settle, the strawberry comes through nicely after that with a fresh cool exhale. Great palate cleanser.

Mixed this one up over the weekend = simplicity... A quick breakfasts juice that can can be a shake and vape and loosens up nicely after a couple of days. We are all so cought up with the plethora of concentrates and try and cram as many as possible into a juice, that we sometimes forget that simple also works...

Lazy Breakfast
5% TFA Berry Crunch Cereal
6% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I've been messing around with TFA Red Licorice for a while now. I added a smidge of Strawberry and gummy.

Then I read someone on Reddit simply does it:

TFA Red Licorice 10%
90VG/10PG.

And.... its a winner.

Tastes exactly like those Red Licorice (which is not really Licorice at all).

It can pack a throat hit, so I do recommend a high VG. And if you lower the VG, then you might want to lower the percentage of the Red Licorice.

Edit: and it's shake and vape. I leave it a couple days so the nic can settle.

I've been messing around with TFA Red Licorice for a while now. I added a smidge of Strawberry and gummy.

Then I read someone on Reddit simply does it:

TFA Red Licorice 10%
90VG/10PG.

And.... its a winner.

Tastes exactly like those Red Licorice (which is not really Licorice at all).

It can pack a throat hit, so I do recommend a high VG. And if you lower the VG, then you might want to lower the percentage of the Red Licorice.

Edit: and it's shake and vape. I leave it a couple days so the nic can settle.

"I added a smidge of Strawberry and gummy." - Sounds like a recipe I know :D

ANML Carnage:
6% tfa red licorice
4% tfa Swedish gummy
1% tfa strawberry ripe

I have mixed this a few times and like you I find the TH to be quite harsh too. The TFA SWedish Gummy concentrate can be quite harsh but like you suggested mixing at max VG calms the TH down a little.

I find that replacing Swedish Gummy with FW Gummy Bear also helps bring the TH down and doesnt change the final flavour much.

"I added a smidge of Strawberry and gummy." - Sounds like a recipe I know :D

ANML Carnage:
6% tfa red licorice
4% tfa Swedish gummy
1% tfa strawberry ripe

I have mixed this a few times and like you I find the TH to be quite harsh too. The TFA SWedish Gummy concentrate can be quite harsh too but like you suggested mixing at max VG calms the TH down a little.

I find that replacing Swedish Gummy with FW Gummy Bear also helps bring the TH down and doesnt change the final flavour much.

LOL I used FW Gummi and 0.5% INW ShIsha Strawberry.

But yip, I was trying to improve on that clone. It wasn't quite great for me.

But honestly, I don't see the point now. The 10% TFA works great.

LOL I used FW Gummi and 0.5% INW ShIsha Strawberry.

But yip, I was trying to improve on that clone. It wasn't quite great for me.

But honestly, I don't see the point now. The 10% TFA works great.

I gave up trying with that recipe, max VG and swopping out to FW Gummy was the best I could get it.

I'll give your 10% TFA a whirl as the 10ml is sitting with about 7ml left - might as well use it all up.

So is this the recipe your using?
TFA Red Liquorice 10%
FW Gummi 0.5%
INW Shisha Strawberry 0.5%

I gave up trying with that recipe, max VG and swopping out to FW Gummy was the best I could get it.

I'll give your 10% TFA a whirl as the 10ml is sitting with about 7ml left - might as well use it all up.

So is this the recipe your using?
TFA Red Liquorice 10%
FW Gummi 0.5%
INW Shisha Strawberry 0.5%

No I'm just doing 10% TFA red licorice now at 90VG. But it's not ANML

My previous attempt at fixing that clone was:

TFA Red Licorice 6%
FW Gummi 3%
INW ShIsha Strawberry 0.5%
CAP Marshmallow 1%

70VG

No I'm just doing 10% TFA red licorice now at 90VG. But it's not ANML

My previous attempt at fixing that clone was:

TFA Red Licorice 6%
FW Gummi 3%
INW ShIsha Strawberry 0.5%
CAP Marshmallow 1%

70VG
Thanks I'll give that a bash this weekend. Should mix at 70/30 or go for max VG?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I can't remember where I saw this recipe so can't give credit to the person but I wrote it down n tried it. Bloody brilliant.

Tpa Banana Creme 5%
Tpa Caramel 2%

@Strontium cracked this open yesterday after 1 week steep...wow what a gem....tastes exactly like those hard banana sweets one used to get in the beacon fruit salad sweet pack

Flavorah Kentucky Blend
ZmsA2VP.jpg
I mixed this up at 4 % on 10 January 2017. First taste on 20 January 2017.

First tobacco with a proper toasted taste. An excellent toasted dark brown pipe tobacco taste. A tiny bit nutty, bright and spicy. Dryish, but with a full mouth feel. I get a slightly woody, vanilla caramel aroma on the exhale. Aftertaste is that typical pipe tobacco slightly bitter coating in the mouth - if you ever smoked a pipe you will know.

From what I have read and heard, most Flavorah tobaccos are literally shake and vape material. And it tends to fade very quickly. My Kentucky Blend is still going strong as we speak. I did pick up a tiny bit of patchouli (which I do not like) as an undertone in the beginning, but that disappeared quickly.

An awesome standalone flavour. Perfect for people used to smoking pipe or toasted cigarettes.

A good candidate as a base for a Rum and Maple Tobacco juice.

Locally available here.

I mixed this today, shake and vape
I agree with everything you said above. First tobacco with a proper toasted taste...spot on.
This is what I have been looking for when adding DNB or Black Fire and it was not getting there.
I think it will be a good candidate for a lot of recipes besides the Rum and Maple juice.
I got mine here

Great find @Andre thanks.

I mixed this today, shake and vape
I agree with everything you said above. First tobacco with a proper toasted taste...spot on.
This is what I have been looking for when adding DNB or Black Fire and it was not getting there.
I think it will be a good candidate for a lot of recipes besides the Rum and Maple juice.
I got mine here

Great find @Andre thanks.
Thanks for the confirmation. Absolutely agree, perfect to add small percentages to other tobacco flavours for that toasted taste.

I guess smell just like taste ( which technically is the same thing) is subjective too.

I am now also hoping that my particular batch of AM4A is fine. Ill give it time!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I have changed my view on this. 6 - 8 weeks later and I am loving it especially after meals. Added a dash of caramel so a little too sweet for me but excellent nonetheless. Curious to try it straight up!

Smooth Cream Soda:

CLY Cream Soda @ 5.5%
TFA Marshmallow @ 1%

CLY Cream Soda is good on its own at around 6 to 7% but adding the MM rounds it off nicely and makes it "fuller" and wetter. One of my ADV's.

Will be trying it with TFA Cream Soda next.

Regards

Smooth Cream Soda:

CLY Cream Soda @ 5.5%
TFA Marshmallow @ 1%

CLY Cream Soda is good on its own at around 6 to 7% but adding the MM rounds it off nicely and makes it "fuller" and wetter. One of my ADV's.

Will be trying it with TFA Cream Soda next.

Regards

TFA Cream Soda tastes nothing like the cream soda we know in SA, in fact it tastes very much like nothing at all. Best local CS i've tried so far is Cloudburst CS.

"Cream soda" is probably the drink that changes most from country to country. From Wiki:

In the United States, cream soda is often vanilla-flavored and is either clear or colored a light golden brown in appearance; but red, pink, orange and blue are also relatively common color variants.

In Canada, cream soda is mostly red (except in Quebec and Newfoundland and Nova Scotia where it is sold clear) and tastes like grenadine. Some brands, such as Fanta, market a colorless version. Many brands have a long-lasting, foamy head.

In Australia, cream soda, creamy soda, or creaming soda generally refers to a pink or red soft drink with fruit and berry flavors

[In New Zealand], This is known as Creaming soda, Ice cream soda, Chill drink or cream soda, though the flavor changes are negligible. It is usually a bright yellow color or a white opaque.

Another variety is one referred to as Italian cream soda. This is usually a mixture of carbonated water and half and half or cream combined with vanilla syrup. Ratios vary widely, but the taste is usually that of sweetened, flavored milk.

In the UK, it is vanilla-flavored, slightly glutinous and has a uniquely thick, "soft" and long-lasting foam.

In South Africa and Zimbabwe, cream soda is sold under the label Sparletta Creme Soda, a product of the Coca-Cola company. It is green in color.

So it can have a long-lasting foam. Or not. It can be vanilla or milk or fruit or berry or grenadine flavour. And it can be light golden brown, red, pink, orange, blue, green, clear, yellow, or white opaque. Well, glad we got that sorted.

"Cream soda" is probably the drink that changes most from country to country. From Wiki:

So it can have a long-lasting foam. Or not. It can be vanilla or milk or fruit or berry or grenadine flavour. And it can be light golden brown, red, pink, orange, blue, green, clear, yellow, or white opaque. Well, glad we got that sorted.

"Sparletta Creme Soda In South Africa and Zimbabwe, Cream soda is sold under the label Sparletta Creme Soda, a product of the Coca-Cola company. It is green in color, with a rose/floral taste. In South Africa, Creme Soda is often referred to as the "Green Ambulance" (predominantly by students) as it is believed to assist with hangovers."

TFA Rose Candy is actually close to our Cream Soda. Makes sense if you take the above into consideration.

Apparently our interpretation is close to the cream soda in Pakistan, Thailand and other Asian nations.

I've only tried CLYs Cream Soda, add some Ice Cream and it smooths it out nicely. Tried it single flavor but was a bit too harsh for my pansy palet....

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just made a small batch of Nilsson's Demise subject to the constraints of my flavor stash. Substituted FA Coconut with TFA Coconut Extra and INW Lime with TFA Lemon and Lime. Maintained the original ratios. A rather surprisingly pleasant result. I know it may be far from the original but with a little fine tuning I could make something really good out of this.
I will see if some of the 10ml batch I mixed will survive tonight's testing so I can test a steeped result in a few days time. Not making any promises.

I put the Lime and the Lemon in the Coconut... Remember that tune?

Regards

Back