And So It Begins.... Noob

Ollypop

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello hello!!

First of all, let me say, welcome to my first ever thread!! Yay!! Go you!!

I'm still on the stinkies and I've had enough, really, everyone on here seems to call them stinkies and no one likes things that stink. So naturally I want nothing to do with them anymore.

I'm going to be starting on my vaping adventure soon and I'd like some input. I've never vaped before (unless you count a disposable electric nicotine hookah at a younger cousin's birthday party, which I'm sure you don't.)

I want something simple and compact. I have ADD, the world doesn't need me fiddling with variable volt batteries and accidentally setting fire to a fireworks factory. An EVOD BCC seems like a good place to start my journey, but suggestions are welcome :)

Thank you in advance, you awesome People!!!

Olly

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to mention the coils. A tank with a head I won't have to replace every 2 days would be nice too. As well as the replacement coils being in good supply.

Last edited:
now that's i've had a taste of the good life, i'm voting MVP all the way :rock: just don't like the tank it comes with hehe :giggle: still love my evod tanks and they look WAY better on the MVP than the original tank

Believe me, you want VV! Being able to up the heat when you need that extra hit helps so much! eGo-C Twist is a great one, and apparently the Vision Spinner is almost identical. Evod tanks are getting good reviews, but I'd say go up one step straight away and get a Protank 2/3 Mini. Can't really comment on the larger devices as I've only been vaping for a week

now that's i've had a taste of the good life, i'm voting MVP all the way :rock: just don't like the tank it comes with hehe :giggle: still love my evod tanks and they look WAY better on the MVP than the original tank
I wouldn't call the MVP compact. It is a box mod after all

I wouldn't call the MVP compact. It is a box mod after all

It's still the BEST vape i've ever had hahaha and i won't be made to believe anything else :--P plus it fits comfortably into my small hands, so it's not that big hehehe :giggle:

and in 3 months i'll still be saying the same, might upgrade my tank to an evod 2 with dual coil next month, but that's it bru hahaha :--P

Thanks for the link!! The vision spinner and the protank look really good together. very tempting.

Haha! thanks for your input! :)

The MVP just looks sooooo bulky. I'm really not keen on that, I think I'd rather have 2 smaller batteries than one the size of a puppy. *thinks about puppies*

Believe me, you want VV! Being able to up the heat when you need that extra hit helps so much! eGo-C Twist is a great one, and apparently the Vision Spinner is almost identical. Evod tanks are getting good reviews, but I'd say go up one step straight away and get a Protank 2/3 Mini. Can't really comment on the larger devices as I've only been vaping for a week

From what I've read in a few threads it seems a lot of people agree that VV is the way to go, but I'm still undecided. How big of a hit do i really need? I've already switched to light stinkies and I've adjusted. Maybe I can adjust to a standard voltage.

Thanks for the link!! The vision spinner and the protank look really good together. very tempting.

Haha! thanks for your input! :)

The MVP just looks sooooo bulky. I'm really not keen on that, I think I'd rather have 2 smaller batteries than one the size of a puppy. *thinks about puppies*

From what I've read in a few threads it seems a lot of people agree that VV is the way to go, but I'm still undecided. How big of a hit do i really need? I've already switched to light stinkies and I've adjusted. Maybe I can adjust to a standard voltage.
Just remember, some juices shines more on different voltages. Some like lower voltage and some like higher voltage.

On a standard battery you need to find a coil resistance that works with it and stick to that resistance, some juices will taste properly bland, and it's just a huge help when you get that sudden craving and you can crank it to 4.8 volts and get a quick jolt

Oooooooooh. That is nice!!! And nicely priced.

So how long could I expect a 1300mah battery to last? I expect the battery life would be decent. My phone has a 2700mah and I go crazy on the thing and it lasts all day. Candy Crush.

I noticed it comes with 2 O-rings? Are the O-rings prone to wearing down?
Amazing little battery that! Mine lasts me 1-1.5 days on a full charge. Not sure about the o-rings, as mine are still going strong, but again, only a week in

Just remember, some juices shines more on different voltages. Some like lower voltage and some like higher voltage.

Good to know! thanks :)

Speaking of juices, any recommendations? I don't see myself doing tobacco flavors. Strange as it sounds I actually not too keen on the taste of tobacco.

I'm mad about vanilla though. Obsessed. If I could live inside a vanilla pod, i would.

Amazing little battery that! Mine lasts me 1-1.5 days on a full charge. Not sure about the o-rings, as mine are still going strong, but again, only a week in

That's quite impressive, and I can always get another battery at a later date if I want to. Thanks :)

Are the protank coils easy to replace?

Hi @Ollypop , and welcome!

Are the protank coils easy to replace?

Yes they are, but need regular cleaning/flushing more than replacement. I started on eVods, and there's nothing really wrong with them, but the mini ProTank2 or 3 is a lot better choice. And you will need two batteries - the second for when the other is on charge.

You could do what most of us have done - start with something simple and then graduate to better with time and experience, but a little advice here can steer you in the right direction and perhaps save you some costs.

I'd suggest 2 Vision Spinners, a mini ProTank3, spare glass tank, spare box of dual coils and a charger. This will be sufficient for you to spend the next month or two trying to find your favourite juice without having to search for better kit too.

Hi @Ollypop , and welcome!

Yes they are, but need regular cleaning/flushing more than replacement. I started on eVods, and there's nothing really wrong with them, but the mini ProTank2 or 3 is a lot better choice. And you will need two batteries - the second for when the other is on charge.

You could do what most of us have done - start with something simple and then graduate to better with time and experience, but a little advice here can steer you in the right direction and perhaps save you some costs.

I'd suggest 2 Vision Spinners, a mini ProTank3, spare glass tank, spare box of dual coils and a charger. This will be sufficient for you to spend the next month or two trying to find your favourite juice without having to search for better kit too.

Fantastic suggestions! thank you. :)

I'll google advice on how to clean them and such.

You're right, I've been approaching this like a permanent decision. I can change as I go, I just need to make my first step and take it from there. I think I know what I'm gonna do. Protank seems to be the most suggested, and the vision spinner looks like a good choice in the long term. :D

I'm gonna go for it.

Budget allowing, get 2 complete tanks, that way you can run 2 juices at a time

Just to throw a spanner in the works I use my evods more than my pro tanks. I'm a Evod fanboi :D

Hi @Ollypop - welcome to the forum - you are onto something great to want to stop the stinkies. Well done !
You are also doing a superb thing to do some research before you buy. I think many of us can say we wish we did that.

The team has given you excellent advice on the hardware front

I would just like to emphasise a few more things that will help you to properly stop the stinkies

- you need to have 2 complete setups. (2 tanks and 2 batteries.) Non negotiable in my view. If budget allows, get a third battery. (so 2 tanks and 3 batteries)

There are a few reasons for this.
- First is when one battery goes flat, you have the other.
- Second is if anything goes wrong with one of your devices, it may take a few days to get a replacement or get a part (eg a coil etc). In this case your second device will step in to save you from going back to stinkies.
- Remember, when we smoke and we run out of smokes, we can pop in to the nearest garage and get another box. Not so with vaping. You need to be well prepared. And once you stop smoking, you don't want to go back.
- Third and perhaps as important, I think you need to have 2 flavours of juices running at the same time so you don't get bored. Also, vaping too much of one flavour can give you vaper's tongue, where you get "immune" to that flavour and can't taste it for a while - its much better to vary it up.

- leave enough budget to experiment with juices and find a few you REALLY like. This is a critical part to your vaping journey being a success. The flavour hunt is easy for some and very difficult for others. Its a personal thing.

A good place to start with juices is VapourMountain - they offer their main range in cheaper 10ml bottles for R50, so you can sample quite a few and get a feel for the ones you like. (It is run by @Oupa on this forum) But other local manufacturers are also available such as VapeKing and several others - look at the resellers on this forum. Give it some time and in my view, stay local in the beginning. Finding the right juices is critical to your vaping sustainability. It has taken me about 6 months to find about 4 or 5 juices that I really love. And I have tried plenty. And what you may end up loving, others may hate. So you need to try for yourself.

All the best.

The guys above have all given excellent advice and had I had that kind of advice when I started vaping I would have saved some decent cash.

To address your previous question about how long the 1300mah will last you it really depends on the type of vaper you are, if you are always vaping at 4.8v your battery will run down quicker than if you vaped at 3.3v.

however with that said, to give you a sort of mean measurement I would say that at 3.8v you can easily get about 5ml of juice (which if you are running the mPT2 or mPT3 is about just over 3 tanks full). How long 5ml of juice will last you all depends on your vaping habits.

Hope that helps.

Back