Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Good morning all

Happy Friday. Wishing you a great weekend ahead.

I came across this post by @klipdrifter in the classifieds, where he is selling several fine vape items because he has moved over to disposables and pods.

44376360-6484-4F8D-BA33-41CA64E3BF33.jpeg

I think it’s great when vapers find what they are comfortable with, but this intrigues me.

I’d love to hear from you @klipdrifter , how has the switch been?
Why did you switch?
Was it mainly the convenience and not having to pitstop and fiddle with coils and wicks?
But what about the flavour and the vape itself?
And the cost?
Did you switch from freebase to salt Nic ?

I’d love to hear your take on it

Not saying it’s good or bad, I’m very interested. I may need to introduce a pod into my vaping at some point for convenience. Plus my Evod coils are bound to run out at some point :)

I‘d also appreciate hearing from anyone else that has switched or others that have opinions on this.

Vape on!

I spent the afternoon this Wednesday past visiting with @Ollie at Sir Vape, and spoke with customers purchasing disposals, and ... the common reason; Convenience
I can add that the greater majority were ex rebuildable vapers to boot, and that leads me to this;

Laziness is the impulse to avoid work and this admirable attribute drives all progress in civilization. However, instead of being celebrated as it should be, laziness is reviled. Tragically, throughout one’s schooling and continuing through one’s professional career, a person who happens to be blessed with the glorious God given asset of laziness is brow-beaten and insulted by parents, teachers, and employers to forsake it.

Teachers et al fail to appreciate that laziness is responsible for most of humanity’s advances. Let’s face it: the guy who invented the sail was fed up with rowing. The first soul to hop on the back of a horse was too lazy to walk any more. Every major progressive step in society was driven by someone trying to get out of doing any work. Each knew, deep down, that there is always an easier, faster, cheaper, safer, better way of accomplishing a task and that hard work is completely and utterly unnecessary, besides being a monumental waste of life.

So instead of culturing a population of creative, inventive, artistic, peaceful souls who are blissfully basking in their laziness, guiltlessly avoiding all work, and reaping enormous financial, emotional, spiritual, and healthful fruits as a result, our collective mindset has produced a society of superficial, stress-out, unfulfilled hard workers, who achieve little more than a pittance in their lifetimes and then die young.

You do not achieve breathtaking results by working long and hard. The true secret of success lies in leveraging/multiplying power and effectiveness. When that happens, it takes less effort to accomplish more.

Here’s the good news. There are easy ways to multiply the power of all your resources ... your energy, your time, your skills, your brain power, your passion, your money, etc. You just need to know where and how to look for them. And, of course, you need to take the time to look.

Unfortunately people have bought into the concept of hard work so completely, they are blinded by it and they have sold their souls for skimpy paychecks instead of looking for better, easier, lazier ways that are many times more lucrative. It’s sad because it is so preventable.

Hard work is a superficial approach. And superficial approaches are always weak and ineffectual.

Hard work is just not necessary. There is ALWAYS an easier, more effective way of accomplishing the same thing. If you are working hard, it means you aren’t using your intelligence or creativity to find the “lever” that takes the work out of a task. Those who are motivated by laziness take the time to find that lever and therefore avoid the short-term and long-term misery of hard work. As a bonus, as if avoiding work was not reward enough, they also get rich ... If they can utilise mans addictions, or in the case of Disposables, multiply said addictions, then O so much better for turnover :facepalm:

Thanks for the great points @Intuthu Kagesi !
Deep conversation on a Friday morning. I sometimes get lazy to read through long posts where I need to concentrate.

I'm curious, did you find out any of the other aspects to switching to disposables/pods?

One thing that concerns me is that I have grown attached to a few local juices that I absolutely love.
I want the convenience - but I want my flavours too!
I know you get refillable pods, and I haven't tried most of the current crop, but my feeling is the vape won't be as good as what I am used to with my setups dialled in for my palate.

Maybe I'm just lazy to embark on a whole new mission in the pods/disposables world...

I spent the afternoon this Wednesday past visiting with @Ollie at Sir Vape, and spoke with customers purchasing disposals, and ... the common reason; Convenience
I can add that the greater majority were ex rebuildable vapers to boot, and that leads me to this;

Laziness is the impulse to avoid work and this admirable attribute drives all progress in civilization. However, instead of being celebrated as it should be, laziness is reviled. Tragically, throughout one’s schooling and continuing through one’s professional career, a person who happens to be blessed with the glorious God given asset of laziness is brow-beaten and insulted by parents, teachers, and employers to forsake it.

Teachers et al fail to appreciate that laziness is responsible for most of humanity’s advances. Let’s face it: the guy who invented the sail was fed up with rowing. The first soul to hop on the back of a horse was too lazy to walk any more. Every major progressive step in society was driven by someone trying to get out of doing any work. Each knew, deep down, that there is always an easier, faster, cheaper, safer, better way of accomplishing a task and that hard work is completely and utterly unnecessary, besides being a monumental waste of life.

So instead of culturing a population of creative, inventive, artistic, peaceful souls who are blissfully basking in their laziness, guiltlessly avoiding all work, and reaping enormous financial, emotional, spiritual, and healthful fruits as a result, our collective mindset has produced a society of superficial, stress-out, unfulfilled hard workers, who achieve little more than a pittance in their lifetimes and then die young.

You do not achieve breathtaking results by working long and hard. The true secret of success lies in leveraging/multiplying power and effectiveness. When that happens, it takes less effort to accomplish more.

Here’s the good news. There are easy ways to multiply the power of all your resources ... your energy, your time, your skills, your brain power, your passion, your money, etc. You just need to know where and how to look for them. And, of course, you need to take the time to look.

Unfortunately people have bought into the concept of hard work so completely, they are blinded by it and they have sold their souls for skimpy paychecks instead of looking for better, easier, lazier ways that are many times more lucrative. It’s sad because it is so preventable.

Hard work is a superficial approach. And superficial approaches are always weak and ineffectual.

Hard work is just not necessary. There is ALWAYS an easier, more effective way of accomplishing the same thing. If you are working hard, it means you aren’t using your intelligence or creativity to find the “lever” that takes the work out of a task. Those who are motivated by laziness take the time to find that lever and therefore avoid the short-term and long-term misery of hard work. As a bonus, as if avoiding work was not reward enough, they also get rich ... If they can utilise mans addictions, or in the case of Disposables, multiply said addictions, then O so much better for turnover :facepalm:

Well said @Intuthu Kagesi and I concur. I've often said, "A lazy person will find an easier way to do it."

Been on the Styvie reds for the last 2 years.
Eventually, though let me get off of these (again) and try the pods/disposables.
Not a good experience with a few different brands. Absolute dog poo!!!

One particular brand's battery would last 2 months. Got a new one because I thought maybe just a dud and gave the benefit of the doubt. Same issue.
That brand's pods I noticed started having less juice in it :/
Had a disposable that would auto-fire, kid you not. Tapped it with a hammer to kill it.

This week, got a pair of 18650s, cotton, coils and juice.
Pulled out the old box 'o vapes and got to "work". Very satisfying.

Happy I never sold my mods.
/2c.

Thanks for the great points @Intuthu Kagesi !
Deep conversation on a Friday morning. I sometimes get lazy to read through long posts where I need to concentrate.

I'm curious, did you find out any of the other aspects to switching to disposables/pods?

One thing that concerns me is that I have grown attached to a few local juices that I absolutely love.
I want the convenience - but I want my flavours too!
I know you get refillable pods, and I haven't tried most of the current crop, but my feeling is the vape won't be as good as what I am used to with my setups dialled in for my palate.

Maybe I'm just lazy to embark on a whole new mission in the pods/disposables world...

I did indeed, and I have every intention of continuing the "study", even if it's just to enjoy @Ollie 's company. My pet peeve was on the afternoon menu, and was broached with a few customers, namely the addictive "qualities" of salts, to which most young vapers crave and gravitate towards "Silvers" ... Go figure :oops:
This new breed of vapers seem to aspire to achieving what even smokers resist, and they insist on 50mg :rolleyes:
There were the odd ones that realised they had been reeled into an addiction and were vainly attempting a weaning program, doomed to failure, as none exists, remembering that TWO mg of Salts is equivalent to roughly 12 mg of Freebase, which is already an excessive nicotine consumption.

I think we've lost the plot here ... As I understand vaping, and the reason I got involved, was harm reduction, with an ultimate objective to quit vaping too. Nicotine Salts at the levels touted do exactly the opposite ... They get people addicted quicker than any cigarette could ... worse still ... they maintain the addiction as options of sub 2% Salts are rare if available at all.

Back to you tho' ... With respect your considering convenience; Maybe a pod with "cartridge coil/tank combination" and or coils is a possibility, so that you can continue to take advantage of the flavour(s) you enjoy, buuuuut .... still "be lazy" with way less addictive freebase nicotine!

Well in my case it's the only thing that could get me off stinkies.
The draw was good Flavour not so much, but it took me a weekend to quit and that was on a Twisp Cue.
Now I still like pods and I vape on a pod daily.
They are light, small, convenient and not in the sence that it eliminates wicking. Just the fact that it's pick up and go and also pick up and go onto a ladder and on a roof or even inside a roof or even under ground level.
Still I like the draw and the Vape if the correct nic content juice is filled.
I haven't bought disposables, I have tried them, but I still prefer refillable pods.
The pods brands that stands out for Flavour and coil life for me is anything Univapo, Freemax, Vapefly, then the Feelin'. The issue is just pods and coil availability but, it's not that hard to recoil and rewick any of them once you have the nick.

I can fully agree with @Resistance on that one. Ive been vaping for years but could never fully get off the stinkies until i switched over to a refillable pod, the nicotine levels and the draw where just right to let me put the stinkies down for good, with the advantage of being able to select and use e-liquid that I have enjoyed in the past just their salt-nic version. Since then I've moved over back to Boro mods with a MTL setup and could not be happier.

I

I had no health reasons to start vaping. I would have happily died a smoker if it wasn't for the tobacco ban. But now I am vaving I don't ever see myself smoking again. I do like the flavour of a sub Ohm but find the cost prohibitive so will continue on my RTA journey.
But I will say one thing about Laziness. If your a technical type and you are good at finding shortcuts it can be frustrating. Say your working as a mechanic and your company books a customer 8hrs labour to remove and refit a dashboard but yo can do it in three hours. The customer never sees your effort on his or her bill and as a mechanic you have to accumulate x hours of saved time to achieve a bonus, if your lucky. And the x hours you have to achieve is normally pretty unachievable under normal circumstances.

I

I had no health reasons to start vaping. I would have happily died a smoker if it wasn't for the tobacco ban. But now I am vaving I don't ever see myself smoking again. I do like the flavour of a sub Ohm but find the cost prohibitive so will continue on my RTA journey.
But I will say one thing about Laziness. If your a technical type and you are good at finding shortcuts it can be frustrating. Say your working as a mechanic and your company books a customer 8hrs labour to remove and refit a dashboard but yo can do it in three hours. The customer never sees your effort on his or her bill and as a mechanic you have to accumulate x hours of saved time to achieve a bonus, if your lucky. And the x hours you have to achieve is normally pretty unachievable under normal circumstances.
In answer to the first part of your post, the costs being secondary to the trigger for vaping ....I would say smoking is fast becoming a no go option for most. Given that a pack of Camel Classics is some R70, in my case that would be some R6500 a month plus ... hectic!!! ... so even sub-ohm-ing / DL- vaping, is still waaaaay cheaper, and to bring that down even further, there is a rabbit hole, I mean solution to it ... either speak to @Quintusson, as his solutions are indeed cost effective, or climb aboard the DIY train ;)

Then on to Laziness ... I get that sometimes technical innovation and business sometimes conflict, and that's a topic for a new thread entitled Ethics, Morals, Values, which sadly seem to have flown out the window in both the industry, and mind you ... Our Country ... However I still maintain that laziness and innovation go hand in hand, and I have no problem in people charging for said innovation, subject again to the aforementioned ethics, morals, and values, to which I would add Fairness, Respect, Care and Honesty :--)

Last edited:
If I could get the same airflow and flavour from a disposable or pod as I do with my Dvarw's and Red Pill maybe I would... nahhhhhh I love the building and coils and wicking and RTA's way too much. I'm retired so I have plenty of time to clean, dry burn and rewick. But I must say I found a disposable at VapeCon from Vape Republic that @Akil gave me to try that I now buy and have one with me for ninja vaping and for a sweet menthol vape from time to time.
IMG_3608.JPG

If I could get the same airflow and flavour from a disposable or pod as I do with my Dvarw's and Red Pill maybe I would... nahhhhhh I love the building and coils and wicking and RTA's way too much. I'm retired so I have plenty of time to clean, dry burn and rewick. But I must say I found a disposable at VapeCon from Vape Republic that @Akil gave me to try that I now buy and have one with me for ninja vaping and for a sweet menthol vape from time to time.
View attachment 279775
17009349109535263560450207517951.jpg

Honestly for me it hasn't got anything to do with lazyness,
Although I'm always looking for ways to make the process better, easier and faster when I rewick.
When it comes to pods I rebuild those too so that isn't an issue either.
Pods just does it like RDL does it for some vapers. I won't leave my MTL setup at home on purpose either but if I forget my DL setup then I can live with that.

Thanks for all the comments

I like the idea and convenience of disposables
No fiddling with coils, no pitstopping

but

For me, I’m quite attached shall we say to my preferred juices. The thought of not having them in my vapes is scary.

Then it’s the cost. The way I’m vaping now I think is very economical. MTL and diluted flavouring. (Ie about 2/3 base fluids and only 1/3 the commercial juice). I change wicks about every 60-90ml of juice and coils last months. Batteries just get recharged and last very long.

Then all the wastage and the environment - but that’s not my primary issue, just that I’m conscious of it.

Refillable pods are another story. But what worries me with them is that when they stop making the pods or coils of a device you’ve fallen in love with, then you’re in trouble. Plus as @Rob Fisher says, the flavour and vape - I doubt it’s gonna match my Rose, Arbiter or Expromiser that are well set up to my taste.

I suppose I need to experiment more with the current crop of devices. But then I ask myself why? The issues above worry me enough to keep me going on what I have and be happy.

View attachment 279775
I'd love to take credit for this one, but I'm sure you're referring to Akeel from Vape Republic

Thanks for all the comments

I like the idea and convenience of disposables
No fiddling with coils, no pitstopping

but

For me, I’m quite attached shall we say to my preferred juices. The thought of not having them in my vapes is scary.

Then it’s the cost. The way I’m vaping now I think is very economical. MTL and diluted flavouring. (Ie about 2/3 base fluids and only 1/3 the commercial juice). I change wicks about every 60-90ml of juice and coils last months. Batteries just get recharged and last very long.

Then all the wastage and the environment - but that’s not my primary issue, just that I’m conscious of it.

Refillable pods are another story. But what worries me with them is that when they stop making the pods or coils of a device you’ve fallen in love with, then you’re in trouble. Plus as @Rob Fisher says, the flavour and vape - I doubt it’s gonna match my Rose, Arbiter or Expromiser that are well set up to my taste.

I suppose I need to experiment more with the current crop of devices. But then I ask myself why? The issues above worry me enough to keep me going on what I have and be happy.
I thought so too. Until the day I tried the vaporesso xros 3 mini, with the 0.8 ohm mesh coil. Seems to make more flavour than any of my MTL RTA's do.

That said though, I just got 2 "new" MTL RTA's because the ease and convenience of the refillable pod also detracts from the joy I get from cleaning, rebuilding and rewicking my RTA's and RBA's. So while the flavour reproduction on the pod is great, it's only one aspect of my vaping hobby that is being fulfilled.

So for that reason I am now using multiple types of devices.

I thought so too. Until the day I tried the vaporesso xros 3 mini, with the 0.8 ohm mesh coil. Seems to make more flavour than any of my MTL RTA's do.

That said though, I just got 2 "new" MTL RTA's because the ease and convenience of the refillable pod also detracts from the joy I get from cleaning, rebuilding and rewicking my RTA's and RBA's. So while the flavour reproduction on the pod is great, it's only one aspect of my vaping hobby that is being fulfilled.

So for that reason I am now using multiple types of devices.

thanks @veecee , I will make a note to see if I can try that one
my only concern is if I really like it, how long will pods or coils be available for it?
these manufacturers are always changing things, many of their future coils are often not “back compatible”
so then the great device becomes stranded and sits in the vaping drawer

my only concern is if I really like it, how long will pods or coils be available for it?
these manufacturers are always changing things, many of their future coils are often not “back compatible”
Too true. And this never happens with rebuildables!

Voopoo and Smok is quite popular and their coils are good enough, should last a while and be broadly available.

If you decide to try, first look for compatible- or cross compatible coils it will take a bit of research. There's Vaporesso that's been pushing out a lot of pod devices so coils should be available broadly too.

Agreed.

I much prefer building my own coils etc with my mods Vs. my Vuse Stick...

My avatar is partially accurate and I spend a lot of my weekends in a kilt while performing. A sporran has minimal space and pockets obviously aren't a thing, so pods are my go to while playing. Not my favourite, but convenient.

I'd really like to see more 1% and 2% salts though to make disposables more viable (for me, at least).

Hi everyone and thanks @Silver for asking the question.

Well, this is a long story to tell so here we go.

I was always one of those OG vapers that said I will never use a disposable, never saw the positives in buying something just to throw it away.

However, as my luck would have it, I went away for a weekend to a nature reserve and forgot to pack my vape toolbox that contained my chargers, batteries, cotton and and and...

The only alternative was to either buy a pack of ciggies or a disposable.

As you can guess I went for a disposable and what a eye opener it was.

The first thing that really blew my mind was the flavour profile(i think it was a gummy bear flavour, didn't have much variety to choose from at the specific shop). The flavour was way more prominent in the disposable than any of my rebuildable RTAs. So, unless I've been doing my builds wrong the last 4+ years I'm pretty sure disposables kick any RTAs bum.

Secondly, while we were travelling around on this specific weekend and me carrying a disposable instead of my mod, I realised that the convenience was also amazing. No spare batteries, juice etc in my pants pockets. Only a small usb size device.

Driving a vehicle while using a disposable is also much more convenient.

The above was my main reason for making my move.

There is however downsides to disposables as well, like misplacing the darn thing and never finding it, or finding it in your pants after it went through the washing machine.

You have to visit the shops more regularly to ensure you don't run out.

I've recently also bought a vaperesso rechargeable pod system and I think this is the perfect middle between rebuildable/mods and disposable vapes.

You can charge it via usb, just pop in a new POD and keep juice on hand. The flavour is also on par with disposables.

This is in a nutshell what happened, if you would like more info let me know

My avatar is partially accurate and I spend a lot of my weekends in a kilt while performing. A sporran has minimal space and pockets obviously aren't a thing, so pods are my go to while playing. Not my favourite, but convenient.

I'd really like to see more 1% and 2% salts though to make disposables more viable (for me, at least).
I hear you, the King is on the throne now, so no more tighty whitey's for you to hide things in

Back