Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Everyone is raving about this tank but I'm battling like hell with dry hits! First off I built dual 28g coils at 0,52Ω (Micro Coils 1,5mm) and they were horizontal with Rayon wick... that didn't last long and I went off to see Rips review... he prefers dual vertical which I built at 0,46Ω with 27g kanthal. Wet the wicks and the first couple of vapes were great and it appeared (seeing bubbles) that the juice was flowing fine... but the dry hits came fast and furious... I even tried Native Wicks and that didn't help?

And only firing at 25 watts?

Here are my vertical coils...
Aromamizer 001.JPG Aromamizer 002.JPG

Hey @Rob Fisher,

Just got my tank this morning as well, the 3ml version, watched the RIP review a while back so I thought I'd build vertical claptons. Came in at 0.4 ohms, wicked with KGD cotton. I went up to 75 watts.. The DT got really hot.. flavour was meh..
When I removed the deck, wicks were properly saturated, I was quite impressed.

EDIT: I can't provide any pics as I'm on to the next build.. Standard horizontal, 26G, 7 wraps, 2.5mm ID.

Why did you choose vertical coils Rob? With a horizontal coil you have both ends of wick absorbing juice.

Here's a copy and past off Reddit

"Wicking/leaking: This thing wicks very well. Have yet to get a dry hit even chain vaping at 75w (although I'm more of a ~35ish guy). So far no leaks. I'd imagine if you left it on it's side for a prolonged period it might leak a bit from the airholes but this seems very pocketable with enough wicking over the juice holes."

Second Edit:
@Rob Fisher I see you are building 1.5mm ID coils. This in my very humble opinion should be minimum 2.5mm ID to allow for a lot more cotton.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys... watched another video or two and this time I went with 2,5mm diameter coils and with 24g kanthal... haven't tried either of these before... also went back to horizontal coils. Also with this setup I double the power to 40watts and now we are getting somewhere! :rock:

Will vape on this for a while and see if I get a dry hit...

You guys rock!

@Rob Fisher I would recommend that you try do standard coils using the following:

24G or 26G 2.5ID 7 wrapps

Tuck the wick in and you should be good to go!

Then once you happy with the vape play with vertical coils i rekon bud!

Thats what i am doing and its a great tank!

No question... your advice seemed to have worked! Much much much better! Thanks boys!
Aromamizer 003.JPG Aromamizer 005.JPG Aromamizer 008.JPG

@Rob Fisher I would recommend that you try do standard coils using the following:

24G or 26G 2.5ID 7 wrapps

Tuck the wick in and you should be good to go!

Then once you happy with the vape play with vertical coils i rekon bud!

Thats what i am doing and its a great tank!

Thanks @Paulie it seems I'm winning! :rock: Will maybe reduce the number of wraps on my next build!

Do any of you guys have a Bellus? If you do, how does it compare? I'm still on the fence with which one to get. Thanks.

Do any of you guys have a Bellus? If you do, how does it compare? I'm still on the fence with which one to get. Thanks.

I have both and here my thoughts:

Bellus: Pros
Good flavour
Well built tank
Looks very nice
the vape is good!

cons:
IT can leak
AFC ring to loose for me.
Takes time to build and fit in big coils
Airflow is good but not great
I have tried better tanks

Aroma Pros
Easy to build 2 post design and tuck in wick
This is a very easy tank to build and it takes you quick also
very well built product
The airflow is massive and vapes exactly like a dripper
The flavour very good

Cons:
Looks : some people wont like the AFC rings
It guzzles juice
The drip tip could be better ie rifle effect or atleast look nice.

So if i had to choose i would go for the aromamizer hand down cause the vape is very good!
These are my thoughts and i hope i can help.

Hi Gents. Got mine this morning. Six Wraps 3mm ID wicked with Cotton Bacon V2. Not to tightly. Works like a dream. OHM 0.27 at 39.8 watts 3.2 Volts.

Attachments

• 20151027_133408_resized.jpg
    20151027_133408_resized.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 58
I have both and here my thoughts:

IT can leak
AFC ring to loose for me.
@Paulie I have been vaping my Bellus since Sunday evening, no leaking whatsoever. It's wicked same as my Goblin mini, thin amount of cotton going down juice channels. My AFC is if anything too tight, maybe you have a clone of a clone ;)

@Paulie I have been vaping my Bellus since Sunday evening, no leaking whatsoever. It's wicked same as my Goblin mini, thin amount of cotton going down juice channels. My AFC is if anything too tight, maybe you have a clone of a clone ;)

Ive heard of others leaking so far mine hasnt but yeah my afc is a loose goose hehehe but it is a good tank still i just prefer the Aromamiser.

Ive heard of others leaking so far mine hasnt but yeah my afc is a loose goose hehehe but it is a good tank still i just prefer the Aromamiser.
I can't comment personally on the Aromamizer as haven't vaped one. Get mine tomorrow :party::party:

Watch this space..by the time I have decided there will be no stock in ZA.

sigh. And I already spent most of my vape budget on vtc mini for my better half, so can only buy one

Back