Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Mine does the same, it does depend on the juice tho, deserts and coffees are the culprits for me. Menthol and fruits doesnt do that.

I agree with @Wyvern - some juices clog your coils quicker, and it is more noticeable in verticals. I have found anything with citric acid to do so as well.

That said, my problem mostly went away for my types of juices when I started cleaning my wire with alcohol before installing... might help!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I generally stuck to the dessert type flavours. The only time I've had this issue before is if any part of the wick is touching the chimney. Seems like the juice forms some sort of concentrate after it's been vaporised and that's the culprit..
Going to try angling my coils slightly inward at the top, that might clear the tops.

All the discussions I have read online about verts in the Aro say that the tops do get gunky and that's just the nature of it.

Hi guys. I am still on the hunt for a replacement deck. I got one from fasttech that took 2 months to get here and was bent where you screw it into the base.

I would love to buy one locally if possible so if anybody have a spare deck lying around or know of a local suppliers who stocks them it will be great. Will save me going the fasttech route again.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

All the discussions I have read online about verts in the Aro say that the tops do get gunky and that's just the nature of it.
I trimmed mine to about 1mm above the coil, I see it stays cleaner

Hi there fellow vapers

I need some help. Got my Aromamiser yesterday and the wicking is giving me some issues for dry hits after about 20 or so toots. I lifted the coils up in line the the air holes. Have the wicks touching the deck on the juice holes. Oh using a single coil SS 8 wrap 2.5 mm ID at 0.46 ohms. Please have a look at the pics and advise me what I'm doing wrong.
20160313_172647.jpg 20160313_172635.jpg

I've found that with anything that's not twisted or clapton the wicking needs to be a bit thinner, otherwise it burns.
How long are your wicks?
I cut mine level with the outer edge, fluff them out quite a bit to thin them, and then gently lay them over the holes. Don't pack them down too tight..

I've found that with anything that's not twisted or clapton the wicking needs to be a bit thinner, otherwise it burns.
How long are your wicks?
I cut mine level with the outer edge, fluff them out quite a bit to thin them, and then gently lay them over the holes. Don't pack them down too tight..
Maybe I'm not fluffing out the wicks enough but they on the deck over the juice holes so maybe I need a thinner wick

The secret to the aromamizer with vertical or horizontal is to make sure the ends covering the juice channels are fluffy. If you use too much cotton or you just pack it down, it tends to be ok for a few hits then it doesn't collect juice efficiently any more.

So just play with the thickness at the ends and make sure it stays fluffy. Works like a dream even at 80w.

The secret to the aromamizer with vertical or horizontal is to make sure the ends covering the juice channels are fluffy. If you use too much cotton or you just pack it down, it tends to be ok for a few hits then it doesn't collect juice efficiently any more.

So just play with the thickness at the ends and make sure it stays fluffy. Works like a dream even at 80w.

Great... trimmed them a little earlier and so far it seems to be better... will have to wait and see now

Finally after a few days of trying different wicking lots of leaking, I have finally got it right :dance:ideal build is definitely the vertical dual coils SS 11 wraps 3mg ID at 0.36 ohms. So yummy now on Mr Hardwicks Smackaroon

Didn't like using a standard Driptip after coming off the Goblin mini with a chuff style cap.

So I hijacked the lathe at the office and slapped this one out quick.

Nothing fancy, but feels and vapes so much better!

e4de9567fecf6aa58145e748ad89eca6.jpg

40f907c625da7e4f0f94106280ce0e9b.jpg

I call it my Top Hat. Ha ha.

Hi everyone,

In need of assistance if possible.
I've had my Evic mini and aromamizer for a few days now.
I installed two rofvape prebuilt coils that came it at 0.48 ohms and rewicked with jap cotton.
I started getting spitback (do not have the original anti spitback drip tip).
I have rewicked it twice trying to stop this issue and still no luck, i tend to vape at between 25W - 35W.
Can any one assist on this.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20160719_103419.jpg
    20160719_103419.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20160719_110504.jpg
    20160719_110504.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 37
Hi everyone,

I installed two rofvape prebuilt coils that came it at 0.48 ohms and rewicked with jap cotton.
I have rewicked it twice trying to stop this issue and still no luck, i tend to vape at between 25W - 35W.
Thanks.

Vertical builds does tend to do that or at least with me..lol. Try trimming off more wick on top and push out the coils as far as you can towards the outer deck.If that dont work best to do horizontal builds.

Peace!!

Vertical builds does tend to do that or at least with me..lol. Try trimming off more wick on top and push out the coils as far as you can towards the outer deck.If that dont work best to do horizontal builds.

Peace!!
Thanks @Mario will give that a go.

Hi everyone,

Thanks.
In my experience, you always get a bit more spitback using Clapton's. Try normal single strand Kanthal or SS.

I have found that in the aromamizer v1, 2.5mm horizontal coils work better. Verticals are great, i just prefer horizontal... In my experience, spitback is usually caused by the coils not heating up fast enough and/or the cotton wicks being too loose in the coils.

So first try increasing the wattage and if that fails id say rebuild and fit horizontal coils with the wicks nice and snug. Good luck!

Hi Guys, just a quick report back.
I've stuck to the vertical build and trimmed the top of the wicks slightly and this has helped with the spitback issue.
I will be trying a horizontal build this weekend just to check if there is any difference in taste and vapor, unfortunately i havent built any coils but i did get a pack of the rofvape pre-built claptons so i'll attempt it with those.
I see my wicks turn brown and start getting gunked up rather easily and i'm guessing this is because of the 'desserty' juice i'm using.

hmm...just read the last few posts. got the Supreme for about 2 months now, and have yet to have any issue with it. No dry hits, even at 120W. Which I do seldom, usually just 80-90W...but never less. No leaking or coil drowning either.
But....what I saw in the last couple of pics is.....way too little cotton. I leave 2 tails app. 15mm long, and fold those under the coil. These will overlap underneath. Then I squash those down a bit, clearing the coils. Voila....works. Every time. On 0,50 SS horizontal coils, 3mm diameter.

That way the Supreme 7ml has become my favourite tank. Just ordered the mini. Lets see if its still the same...

Back