Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Hmmm wait sorry I was thinking of the crius. That deck is too small to fit it like that.

I did a horizontal single Clapton in the aromamizer once. Think the vertical is a better choice. Will test it!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Great idea as I mostly use single coil builds
I was expecting it to make the posts and the atty real hot. It doesn't.
Then again its vaped in temp protection mode so power cuts out at 260 degrees celcius.

The flavour for me is better than the dual coil that I tried and it makes clouds for days.
I suspect that the atty is going to get damn hot in watt mode.

Okay so while @Wyvern is trying to help me im also going to post here because this is a train smash.

Got my roma yesterday.
built it. vaped it. hated it.
Clouds are good but the flavor is piss poor.

Try coils high, coils low. Scottish Roll, soft wick.
These are 3mm 24awg.
Cant hit above 48W or i get burnt. The wicks are cut to lie just on deck without folding.
The vape taste almost completely flavorless and "grainy" like eating a pear....

3c252e15-06b0-4ac7-9373-6da0e9c8c40b.jpg 770aae34-4ec6-4279-962d-04e1c078e970.jpg d7b5f075-54e0-40fe-8e64-dde16f4de96d.jpg

Okay so while @Wyvern is trying to help me im also going to post here because this is a train smash.

Got my roma yesterday.
built it. vaped it. hated it.
Clouds are good but the flavor is piss poor.

Try coils high, coils low. Scottish Roll, soft wick.
These are 3mm 24awg.
Cant hit above 48W or i get burnt. The wicks are cut to lie just on deck without folding.
The vape taste almost completely flavorless and "grainy" like eating a pear....

View attachment 43797 View attachment 43798 View attachment 43799
Try vertical coils and also try less cotton. I.e just enough to touch the base.
Don't force it into the base. It should feel like there is not enough cotton down there like your logic tells you it's going to flood.

Thanks for the notes.

I'll try thin the cotton.
Vertical however is just not for me, I don't have the patience for it because I suck at coil building.

I had mine for a week build single coil on that deck, dry hits first 3 times then I spread the wick touching the bottom and juice hole out to have more "coverage" at the bottom. My coil is very high so do not think that will make a difference. Think the trick is in the wicking to the bottom and spreading it out at the bottom as much as possible? Been vaping full time on it since then without any problem. My second one (black) is on the way. Good luck, maybe somebody with longer usage on tank than me can help here.

Thanks for the notes.

I'll try thin the cotton.
Vertical however is just not for me, I don't have the patience for it because I suck at coil building.

Vertical coils are the exact amount of effort as horizontal, just the wicking is slightly more difficult

Forgot to mention, that is with a single horizontal coil
. The wick on one side goes straight down then in across the bottom on the deck at coil side. The other wick goes straight down touching the deck directly beneath then through the two poles to the side without coil spreading at the bottom.

Attachments

• IMGA0767.JPG
    IMGA0767.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGA0775.JPG
    IMGA0775.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Am I doing something wrong ?

I did a Kanthal build on Aromamizer deck - vertical build, as per specs below. But I get a resistance of 0.32 on my VTC Mini. I don't have a problem with this, but if I had gone for 0.2 build on the steam calculator, I am sure the resistance would have been so low that I could cause serious damage to the battery. Any advice ?

Coils.JPG

Am I doing something wrong ?

I did a Kanthal build on Aromamizer deck - vertical build, as per specs below. But I get a resistance of 0.32 on my VTC Mini. I don't have a problem with this, but if I had gone for 0.2 build on the steam calculator, I am sure the resistance would have been so low that I could cause serious damage to the battery. Any advice ?

View attachment 44972
After dry burning your resistance will increase. Maybe to .4 ohms
Perhaps use 26 AWG.

What battery are you using in the vtc mini?

Looks safe against moochs guide.

Dry burn it and report back on the resistance.

I did dry burn, last nite when I built it. And the resistance did increase from 0.29 to 0.32.

I am just concerned that the calculator build of 0.5 is dropping so low

Just to clarify, I built a dual coil with 6 wraps per coil.

I did dry burn, last nite when I built it. And the resistance did increase from 0.29 to 0.32.

I am just concerned that the calculator build of 0.5 is dropping so low
Try decreasing the length of the legs in the calc.

In another note I don't use the calc for the same reasons you are concerned. It's more of a guideline.

This is why it takes me 8 or 9 wraps in SS316L 26g x 2 coils to get 0.03ohm.

You need to remember duel coil halves your resistance...

Wait a moment. Each of your coils must be 11/10 wraps to get to around 0.5 ohms - as the calculator says.
upload_2016-2-5_13-36-6.png

At least you're build was decently accurate with 6 wraps = 0.32 ohm...

Clapton dual verticals in the Aromamizer. Prebuild coils courtesy of @Vaperite South Africa. Wicked with 2.7 mm ceramic wicks at 0.39 ohms. Loving Witchers Brew Blackbird at 50 W on the Cuboid.

GvWX1ff.jpg

M46Fva9.jpg

m1Q4rJA.jpg

Clapton dual verticals in the Aromamizer. Prebuild coils courtesy of @Vaperite South Africa. Wicked with 2.7 mm ceramic wicks at 0.39 ohms. Loving Witchers Brew Blackbird at 50 W on the Cuboid.

GvWX1ff.jpg

M46Fva9.jpg

m1Q4rJA.jpg
How are you finding the claptons?
Last time I used claptons I had such a mild increase in flavour that I never used them again.

How are you finding the claptons?
Last time I used claptons I had such a mild increase in flavour that I never used them again.
With the prebuild coils it is so easy. Would never have built my own. Quite impressed with the flavour. On par for me with the OL 16 BF on a Reo, but far more thirsty and the nic get to you quickly. And at 50 W the ramp up time becomes irrelevant. Pushed it to 60 W and still wicks perfectly - impressed with the ceramic's abilities in this regard.

With the prebuild coils it is so easy. Would never have built my own. Quite impressed with the flavour. On par for me with the OL 16 BF on a Reo, but far more thirsty and the nic get to you quickly. And at 50 W the ramp up time becomes irrelevant. Pushed it to 60 W and still wicks perfectly - impressed with the ceramic's abilities in this regard.
I have a roll of clapton wire. Just need to coil it. My aromamizer had been washed and waiting to get rewicked. I'll try recoil with claptons and report back.

Back