Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

With the prebuild coils it is so easy. Would never have built my own. Quite impressed with the flavour. On par for me with the OL 16 BF on a Reo, but far more thirsty and the nic get to you quickly. And at 50 W the ramp up time becomes irrelevant. Pushed it to 60 W and still wicks perfectly - impressed with the ceramic's abilities in this regard.
I have no idea what clapton wire this is. I threw the packaging away. All I know it's it was UD.

7 wraps
3mm ID
Dual coil
0.5 ohms
Cotton bacon v2
Currently on 50W from 40W and I'm slowly going up as the wick "matures"

Oh my word. Nicotine at 3mg makes my chest feel heavy.
Flavour is good.
Ramp up time initially is about a second slow.
Ramp down time is also slow.
Not too fond of the excessive heat the claptons produce.
I find the fruit notes enhance or rather more prominent. I'm vaping a diy mix with strawberry and vanilla bean ice cream.
I'll have to re assess in the morning because I've had a few bourbons.

In contrast in vaping at 12W on a 0.8 ohm build in the goblin mini on a mini volt - same juice.
2016-02-05 22.54.43.jpg 2016-02-05 22.38.29.jpg 2016-02-05 22.38.13.jpg

I agree with the heat that the claptons create is the only drawback for me. But I do love the flavour from them

I agree with the heat that the claptons create is the only drawback for me. But I do love the flavour from them
This is definately a first thing in the morning vape!
Loving the nic buzz.
Not loving the high juice consumption and high battery drain and high heat.
Going to try use this in the mornings for the next few tanks and other devices during the day.

I get comparable flavour from twisted SS single coil builds.

Already gone through 12 ml of juice in like 2 hours :D
If wifey wakes up she won't be able to see where she is going because the bedroom looks like a night club with an over-enthusiastic smoke machine operator.

Bwahahahahahaha I know the feeling dude, Im vaping all the juices I wasnt sure of :p I discovered that I actually LOVE berry nade Dammit @Mike . . . . Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Bwahahahahahaha I know the feeling dude, Im vaping all the juices I wasnt sure of :p I discovered that I actually LOVE berry nade Dammit @Mike . . . . Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
I'm filling my cart with all the concentrate I want to make my ADV plus some new stuff.
Then I'll unpack it and only take what I need :D

Hahahah fortunately my funds are depleted. So I have to behave

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Blame the Bourbon!
Sadly it wasn't the bourbon. Went through 18ml in the aromamizer this afternoon.

Decided to try the bourbon theory again this evening and I haven't touched the aromamizer.
I've been playing with Ni 200 and the flavour from that is somewhat better than the aromamizer ( in a different tank) and the chest his it also quite good with 3mg Nic.

Im preferring the Ni 200 because I can setup my vape to my desired heat level i.e warm to hot for dessert vapes and cooler for fruits.

Ill try a dual Ni 200 build in the aromamizer probably later today but I suspect I will probably have to settle with a single coil because currently 3 mm ID 11 wraps gives me 0.07 Ohms.

Sadly it wasn't the bourbon. Went through 18ml in the aromamizer this afternoon.

Decided to try the bourbon theory again this evening and I haven't touched the aromamizer.
I've been playing with Ni 200 and the flavour from that is somewhat better than the aromamizer ( in a different tank) and the chest his it also quite good with 3mg Nic.

Im preferring the Ni 200 because I can setup my vape to my desired heat level i.e warm to hot for dessert vapes and cooler for fruits.

Ill try a dual Ni 200 build in the aromamizer probably later today but I suspect I will probably have to settle with a single coil because currently 3 mm ID 11 wraps gives me 0.07 Ohms.
No doubt the Aromamizer is thirsty from my point of reference. I have never gone through 6 ml of Blackbird that fast.

I got a wider bore dip tip for my RDTA, the airflow is amazing but the spit back can be quite hectic on big lung hits. Any suggestions on what kind of builds can minimize this ?

I got a wider bore dip tip for my RDTA, the airflow is amazing but the spit back can be quite hectic on big lung hits. Any suggestions on what kind of builds can minimize this ?
Dual coil SS didn't give me spitback.

Claptons on the other hand even shoot forth hot balls of juice out the airhole!

Dual coil SS didn't give me spitback.

Claptons on the other hand even shoot forth hot balls of juice out the airhole!
Interesting, my 0.3 Kanthal build is giving me spit back, I have a SS deck, I will check once pitstopping is done.

Interesting, my 0.3 Kanthal build is giving me spit back, I have a SS deck, I will check once pitstopping is done.
I'm just thinking, SS I use in temp protection mode and kanthal in straight power mode.
This is the most likely indicator for the serious spitback.
Woke my wife up in bed because a hot laser ball of spitback hit her in the neck :D

My current build of 6 wrap 22g kanthal dual verical coils reading in at 0.19 ohms is prob the best build ive done in the aromamizer

My current build of 6 wrap 22g kanthal dual verical coils reading in at 0.19 ohms is prob the best build ive done in the aromamizer

WOW, that is some seriously thick cable :p

Dual Ni 200 coils.
10 wraps
3mm ID
0.06 ohms.
Seems to be decent with no spitback and nice flavour.
Currently it's waiting to be used tomorrow when I leave home.

2016-02-08 01.41.09.jpg

Slightly off topic, but I've just found a solution to the pesky vape band issue. I normally use the two hole band, but it's a real pain in my side having to constantly check it and clean it.. So I found a simple solution in my toolbox. I found a 2,8 mm o-ring, cut off a 3mm section, put it into the holes at the posts, trimmed it neatly, and voila! No more band!

Yep much easier, no more adjusting the vape band. Also drilled out he remaining airholes to 3.5mm

Personally prefer horizontal. Vertical gives me a dry vape at high watts, ok for mtl

image.jpeg Question for those using vertical coils on the Aromamizer..
How do you avoid the top of your wicks getting gunked up by the chimney?
I've pushed my coils down as far as I can go without battling with the wicking, but after a few drags they look like this..

View attachment 47161 Question for those using vertical coils on the Aromamizer..
How do you avoid the top of your wicks getting gunked up by the chimney?
I've pushed my coils down as far as I can go without battling with the wicking, but after a few drags they look like this..
WOW, that is weird. I only run verts on my Aromamizers, and I don't get any of that. What are your vaping settings on the mod ?

Back