Bamboo Wick

Good news. Here comes 1 ball of bamboo yarn to KZN. Any of the other Banana boys want to piggy back on my order?

Markus did you order yet? If not I'm in for a ball of bamboo yarn please. :)

Weird thing. Went to the hobby expo and there were a place selling the Vinnis Bamboo and cotton/bamboo yarn. Awesome stuff! They didn't have the 100% cotton in natural tho.

I wanted to go to the expo - but have just been too busy this weekend....
Hope it was fun

I just go with my wife. Not much there for me. There was however a few neat machines available. @Silver , I will give you some of the yarn. Too much for me to ever use up.

Did a quick bamboo yarn wick (will upload photos etc under relevant thread). Brief comments:
1. Wick much better than cotton
2. Can't detect improvement in flavour, for me same as cotton
3. Bigger throat hit, maybe due to fully opened air vent
4. No burnt taste (yet)
5. Guess at this moment in time, that re-wicking will be less often than cotton.

Did a quick bamboo yarn wick (will upload photos etc under relevant thread). Brief comments:
1. Wick much better than cotton
2. Can't detect improvement in flavour, for me same as cotton
3. Bigger throat hit, maybe due to fully opened air vent
4. No burnt taste (yet)
5. Guess at this moment in time, that re-wicking will be less often than cotton.
Awesome, thanks. No "funny" taste imparted by the bamboo as @Zegee experienced? What atty did you wick?

@Matthee I will mention that as well in the thread "show us your working coil and wick" - the first draw was extremely bad, can't fully describe the taste without swearing. From vape 2 onwards it was very nice. The bad taste on 1'st vape might be due to not sterilizing the yarn beforehand, only read the label properly afterwards and discovered its dyed and other info!

KFC-6.jpg ??

@Matthee I will mention that as well in the thread "show us your working coil and wick" - the first draw was extremely bad, can't fully describe the taste without swearing. From vape 2 onwards it was very nice. The bad taste on 1'st vape might be due to not sterilizing the yarn beforehand, only read the label properly afterwards and discovered its dyed and other info!

View attachment 2073 ??
Have wondered if that is their standard label and if the "dyed" actually applied to the "natural" one. How would you sterilize it?

i think they all dyed , i have attributed funky taste to that havent boiled yet might do a bit and see

Would love to know if the first SKUNK vape dissapears if boiled beforehand - keep us posted @Zegee

Hi. So i did 2 setups this morning with Bamboo yarn. 1st @ 1.4ohm on the Rocket, 2nd @ 0.5ohm dual coil on the Aqua. The crappy taste on the Rocket went away after a few drags. but on the Aqua the crappy taste seems to stay. I am not sure if it because the coils are now burning hotter? anyone else tried the Yarn with this kind of setup.?

@Rex Smit , i rebuilt all my RBA's this weekend , and did @Gizmo 's aqua , all with Bamboo wicks , i had boiled the roll of yarn before hand and left out to dry the day before , by the second drag there was no more funky tastes from any of them , and i have just given @Gizmo his aqua , you can ask him how it's doing ...

Hi. So i did 2 setups this morning with Bamboo yarn. 1st @ 1.4ohm on the Rocket, 2nd @ 0.5ohm dual coil on the Aqua. The crappy taste on the Rocket went away after a few drags. but on the Aqua the crappy taste seems to stay. I am not sure if it because the coils are now burning hotter? anyone else tried the Yarn with this kind of setup.?
I only use cotton in the aqua. Everything else leaked. Haven't tried bamboo though. @Matthee have you tried bamboo on the aqua? Maybe I must go steal some bamboo from zegee

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I only use cotton in the aqua. Everything else leaked. Haven't tried bamboo though. @Matthee have you tried bamboo on the aqua? Maybe I must go steal some bamboo from zegee

Yes, I have and I do. It wicks beautifully. But do note that some peeps find the bamboo gives a bad taste, so maybe boil the roll beforehand as @Rowan Francis did.

but it is weird that the bad taste goes away in the Rocket, but not in the Aqua.
Might be because there is more wicking material in the aqua it takes longer to "settle". My speculation anyway.

i would agree with @Gazzacpt , it might take longer , i had an issue with the aqua as i forgot to wash the head out before i built it so ended up haveing to clean it for a second time with the wick in place with Vodka !! i rekon that helped it ..

Back