Batteries Update

I suppose it can depend on the type of coil, I prefer my coils with, 1.4mm ID, 6 or 7 wraps with rayon. Flavour is easily on par with the rm2 for me, maybe even better.

The single coil is also good though. But the slightly larger chamber seems better suited for duals. Oh, and I only use the smallest air holes. They are the biggest influence with regards the flavour for me.
Can I give the atomic a bash at the vape meet if I bring my own drip tip? :D

If I used the smallest airhole I would plobably die. The second largest one is just right for my builds any smaller theres to little airflow and my throat would be scorched. Bigger and flavour disappears a bit.

I have steel lungs bro, 2 packs of Winston Reds a day will do that.

@johan, how difficult would it be to build a test and record rig for these batteries? I'd be happy to sacrifice a battery here and there to ensure they are safe and up to standard.

I don't have good digital measure AND record equipment but I was thinking of using an Arduino to record the battery voltage while .. remote .. firing a set ohm resistance. The Arduino has 10 bit ADC will that suffice?

EDIT: Specs on the ADC
"Reads the value from the specified analog pin. The Arduino board contains a 6 channel (8 channels on the Mini and Nano, 16 on the Mega), 10-bit analog to digital converter. This means that it will map input voltages between 0 and 5 volts into integer values between 0 and 1023. This yields a resolution between readings of: 5 volts / 1024 units or, .0049 volts (4.9 mV) per unit. The input range and resolution can be changed using analogReference().
It takes about 100 microseconds (0.0001 s) to read an analog input, so the maximum reading rate is about 10,000 times a second."

Jakes I agree Arduino would be a quick solution. Here's a one including source code: http://www.electronicsblog.net/very...ion-battery-capacity-testerdischarge-monitor/

Thanks @johan! Gotta love those Arduinos, whatever I come up with someone's already done and published the how to.

Go to Arduinos main website, maybe there are more and/or better, unfortunately I don't use Arduinos, but microchip and other micros.

Go to Arduinos main website, maybe there are more and/or better, unfortunately I don't use Arduinos, but microchip and other micros.

Need an apprentice, I'm not particularly bright but can work long hours? :)

Need an apprentice, I'm not particularly bright but can work long hours? :)

:D thanks for offering yourself up, but jokes aside; in mass production runs, Arduinos are not economical viable compared to ST micros and the like.

100% with you on that, electrical engineering is one of the very few other professions I would consider if I had a 'do over'. I don't think I'll ever get closer than hobby-tronics but that, and a little metal machining, puts me in heaven.

100% with you on that, electrical engineering is one of the very few other professions I would consider if I had a 'do over'. I don't think I'll ever get closer than hobby-tronics but that, and a little metal machining, puts me in heaven.

You want to swop trades - I'm keen? :D

LOL, I guess its not the same as having to do it full time. Too much of a good thing...? :)

Hi guys. I have 2 Sanyo UR18650FM batteries but it looks like they are only capable of 5A.
So i have now ordered 2 3100mah purple Efest batteries but now read that they can only handle 10A.
Am i wasting my money or will they be fine?
I am not planning to go super sub-ohm but would definitely like to explore below 1 ohm.

Heckers, my personal opinion on safety will not allow me to recommend anything but the safest options.
I wouldnt risk it ANYWHERE below 1 ohm on anything other than VTC4/5.
Other batteries do exist that do the same or maybe even better, but youve never seen an authentic vtc fail catastrophically... Theres a reason you dont ever see it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heckers, my personal opinion on safety will not allow me to recommend anything but the safest options.
I wouldnt risk it ANYWHERE below 1 ohm on anything other than VTC4/5.
Other batteries do exist that do the same or maybe even better, but youve never seen an authentic vtc fail catastrophically... Theres a reason you dont ever see it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the 3100mah Efest I am running .7 - .8 ohm builds without any issues. They don't even get luke warm. .8 pulling +-5 amps.

Hi guys. I have 2 Sanyo UR18650FM batteries but it looks like they are only capable of 5A.
So i have now ordered 2 3100mah purple Efest batteries but now read that they can only handle 10A.
I am not planning to go super sub-ohm but would definitely like to explore below 1 ohm.

I have been using the Efest 3100's 20A on coils ranging 0.7-0.9 ohms for a while now and find the battery life fantastic. I also haven't felt them warm up even after serious dry burns.

Hi. There has been some worrying facts about that particular battery brought to light recently and I would personally stay away from them for subohm builds. The efest 35A are over specced but will serve you well if you stay over 0.5 I use mnke and vtc5 when I venture down low and also have a set of efest 30A 2100mah for my milder builds 0.4 up.

Hi. There has been some worrying facts about that particular battery brought to light recently and I would personally stay away from them for subohm builds. The efest 35A are over specced but will serve you well if you stay over 0.5 I use mnke and vtc5 when I venture down low and also have a set of efest 30A 2100mah for my milder builds 0.4 up.
Yeah have had no problems with any of my efest batteries heating up. I have been using my purple 2500mAh on a 0.52 ohm build on Reo no problem. I now only use my 3100mAh exclusively on my cana mod.

Back