Batteries Update

I thought it was just my imagination that this fancy VTC5 2600mAh wasn't as good as my Purple eFest 3100mAh and 2500mAh... and there is no doubt that this particular battery is nothing short of useless! It doesn't even compare to my fake AW 2000mAh red batteries. It doesn't last and it takes an age to charge. You can see it's almost flat after an hour or so?

Unless this specific battery is a lemon and all the rest are OK but based on this I will never buy a Sony VTC5 again as long as I live! :-@

VTC5 009.JPG

Last edited:
I thought it was just my imagination that this fancy VTC5 2600mAh wasn't as good as my Purple eFest 3100mAh and 250mAh... and there is no doubt that this particular battery is nothing short of useless! It doesn't even compare to my fake AW 200mAh red batteries. It doesn't last and it takes an age to charge. You can see it's almost flat after an hour or so?

Unless this specific battery is a lemon and all the rest are OK but based on this I will never buy a Sony VTC5 again as long as I live! :-@

View attachment 10942
Where did you buy this battery from?

I thought it was just my imagination that this fancy VTC5 2600mAh wasn't as good as my Purple eFest 3100mAh and 250mAh... and there is no doubt that this particular battery is nothing short of useless! It doesn't even compare to my fake AW 200mAh red batteries. It doesn't last and it takes an age to charge. You can see it's almost flat after an hour or so?

View attachment 10942
I agree the one I have is also not up to standard. I have even tried with low sub ohm and I get around 2 hours tops but you can feel the difference in about 15 min the efest 2100 30a somehow performs better.

I agree the one I have is also not up to standard. I have even tried with low sub ohm and I get around 2 hours tops but you can feel the difference in about 15 min the efest 2100 30a somehow performs better.

Yip no argument there!

Can't speak for anyone else I have vtc5 imported myself and it's fantastic . I find mine performs better sub ohm .2 or .3 is my happy place running in mechs. Had it in my cana as well and had no issues .
@Rob Fisher real unfortunate u not happy they are really awesome batteries

I think the vendor should perhaps doing this test as the moment you remove the plastic sheath you battery is worthless?

I'm happy to rip off the green covering if I have to because the battery is is already worthless.

Can't speak for anyone else I have vtc5 imported myself and it's fantastic . I find mine performs better sub ohm .2 or .3 is my happy place running in mechs. Had it in my cana as well and had no issues .
@Rob Fisher real unfortunate u not happy they are really awesome batteries

@Zegee where did you buy yours from?

I got two of them from my friend on Saturday evening. He got them 3 weeks ago from Vape Mob, and initially I also found them to die off earlier, like about 2hrs. Which is crazy, considering that my 18500/18490 batteries in the mini last for at least 6/7 hours. This is what prompted me to try and have a look at the contacts on these things, leading me to try a dielectric grease. And so far today the performance has been dramatically improved. I'm still testing to see how they perform in the long run though.

I got two of them from my friend on Saturday evening. He got them 3 weeks ago from Vape Mob, and initially I also found them to die off earlier, like about 2hrs. Which is crazy, considering that my 18500/18490 batteries in the mini last for at least 6/7 hours. This is what prompted me to try and have a look at the contacts on these things, leading me to try a dielectric grease. And so far today the performance has been dramatically improved. I'm still testing to see how they perform in the long run though.

Thanks Alex! I will try some nolax on it...

But now have 6 VTC's coming from the US of A! :rock:

I thought it was just my imagination that this fancy VTC5 2600mAh wasn't as good as my Purple eFest 3100mAh and 2500mAh... and there is no doubt that this particular battery is nothing short of useless! It doesn't even compare to my fake AW 2000mAh red batteries. It doesn't last and it takes an age to charge. You can see it's almost flat after an hour or so?

View attachment 10942

Thank you for confirming this Rob. I also had VTC5's from Vape Mob and they did not perform as well as my Efests so I sold them and got two Efests in their place. IMO the efests are the best.

Thank you for confirming this Rob. I also had VTC5's from Vape Mob and they did not perform as well as my Efests so I sold them and got two Efests in their place. IMO the efests are the best.
Interesting had a 3100mah efest try turn my hand into a scramble egg last night all good now though still have more faith in my vtc.

Interesting had a 3100mah efest try turn my hand into a scramble egg last night all good now though still have more faith in my vtc.

Whoops! I'm glad I don't play down in the sub sub sub Ohm field! :eek:

Back