Batteries Update

We are planning a trip to Tokyo to go visit Sony and strike up a deal. Given the sever, negative, biased and uninformed press on this forum we may however take it offline and sell them in store only.
Not everyone is gonna be crazy about something @Chop007

I think that the Vtc5 generally has a great rep around here bud and wouldn't the fact that you guys are out of stock be testament to that?

Perhaps you could start a poll in the vape mob section to gauge the interest in the vtc 5?

I for one would be very sad if you guys had to stop bringing these in as I feel that they are an incredible battery. I couldn't imagine using something else, nor do I want to.

Here's a close up pic of the code on mine. Maybe compare it to your ones?

4b6136f4bea486837019eb62669b9980.jpg

Same Same.

Then what batteries would you like to use in your vaping devices? It seems to me that every time we try to cater to this community, bringing in the batteries that you desire and speak so highly of, and the devices, when we get them, you go through tremendous lengths to disrespect the product that we went through tremendous pains to get the original products in?

@Chop007 you missed the point completely... and before this denigrates into a flame war let me say I'm really happy Vape Mob is bringing in such a great selection of goodies for us to choose from. We appreciate it.

Now for my point. Why does the VTC5 perform so badly compared to the equivalent eFest? Simple question.

Not everyone is gonna be crazy about something @Chop007

I think that the Vtc5 generally has a great rep around here bud and wouldn't the fact that you guys are out of stock be testament to that?

Perhaps you could start a poll in the vape mob section to gauge the interest in the vtc 5?

I for one would be very sad if you guys had to stop bringing these in as I feel that they are an incredible battery. I couldn't imagine using something else, nor do I want to.
No worries cuz just a bad morning for me, you know those days. Yeah, the VTC5 is rather an excellent battery for subohming, if folks need a battery to last 'Longer' then maybe it is not the battery for them. I just find it is so easy to copy paste from other forums to suite one's viewpoint, it is however a completely different story,actually testing the devices and going through hell and high water to cater for what the community requires. And then to be dismissed so easily on a public forum with such little information. Ag anyways, sometimes I guess one just has to laugh. I wish folks would realize that VapeMOB is on a completely different level and that we aim to bring only the best for all South African vapers. Guess you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

@Chop007 you missed the point completely... and before this denigrates into a flame war let me say I'm really happy Vape Mob is bringing in such a great selection of goodies for us to choose from. We appreciate it.

Now for my point. Why does the VTC5 perform so badly compared to the equivalent eFest? Simple question.
You will find the answer you seek here: http://www.vapescores.com/vamped-batteries-amp-limit-confusion/ And no, not a flame war, simply substantiating a common viewpoint among knowledgeable vapers. Words like 'So badly' and 'performs like a lemon' make no sense to me in terms of battery functionality. What was the ohm of your coil, what device where you using the battery in? How many charge cycles did the battery undergo before your review? When comparing to the efest, at what charge cycle was the efest? A new Efest at it's 10th charge cycle will outperform a new VTC5 at it's 2nd charge cycle. It is all relative and terms like 'Lemon' and the battery performed 'so badly' can only lead to misinterpretation.

It would be more conducive to a constructive review to firstly state your experiences with the battery in more scientific terms. Maybe even contact the vendor and discuss the issues you have with the product before dissing a single battery on a public forum? We have had ZERO complaints about our VTC5 batteries, ORIGINAL batteries. And then all of a sudden, the term 'Lemon' from a known and respected forum member leads all to think the VTC5's are not real. Seriously? This is my gripe, not a flame war, a real issue that stems from a lack of information. A VTC 5 will perform negatively according to human sensual based assertions. But does it really perform that badly or is it the user that is at fault. See my issue here? Or could it be that you got a 'dud' battery, which I highly doubt? How long did you use it before charging it? How do we know you did not discharge the battery to 2.6volts before putting it on charge? Did you know that a battery starts performing 'better' after a few charge cycles? Would you like a refund on that battery? We will gladly take it off your hands.

I want to test why the battery performs so badly compared to the eFest equivalent.

Can do, I have brand new Efest 3100mAh batteries (haven't even charged them yet) to use for comparison tests.

You will find the answer you seek here: http://www.vapescores.com/vamped-batteries-amp-limit-confusion/ And no, not a flame war, simply substantiating a common viewpoint among knowledgeable vapers. Words like 'So badly' and 'performs like a lemon' make no sense to me in terms of battery functionality. What was the ohm of your coil, what device where you using the battery in? How many charge cycles did the battery undergo before your review? When comparing to the efest, at what charge cycle was the efest? A new Efest at it's 10th charge cycle will outperform a new VTC5 at it's 2nd charge cycle. It is all relative and terms like 'Lemon' and the battery performed 'so badly' can only lead to misinterpretation.

It would be more conducive to a constructive review to firstly state your experiences with the battery in more scientific terms. Maybe even contact the vendor and discuss the issues you have with the product before dissing a single battery on a public forum? We have had ZERO complaints about our VTC5 batteries, ORIGINAL batteries. And then all of a sudden, the term 'Lemon' from a known and respected forum member leads all to think the VTC5's are not real. Seriously? This is my gripe, not a flame war, a real issue that stems from a lack of information. A VTC 5 will perform negatively according to human sensual based assertions. But does it really perform that badly or is it the user that is at fault. See my issue here? Or could it be that you got a 'dud' battery, which I highly doubt? How long did you use it before charging it? How do we know you did not discharge the battery to 2.6volts before putting it on charge? Did you know that a battery starts performing 'better' after a few charge cycles? Would you like a refund on that battery? We will gladly take it off your hands.
Hi, @Chop007 not sure if you are using a VTC5 or not, if you are or anybody can help me out
I did some research after reading your comment and how many charge cycles would the vtc5 need approximately to perform at it's best, I have read that what you are saying is 100% and that any battery does not perform at it's best out the box, I charge mine every day and it does outperform other batteries at low sub ohm but dies very quickly and I can feel the difference in about 15 to 20 min. My happy place with sub ohm I have found is around 0.2 to 0.4.
I am in no way dissing your company, It's just with all the hype with this battery I really expected a lot more from it. and am happy with the perfomance of the efests and the price tags also.

I am quite keen to give the VTC5's a bash
And put them through their paces.
Just haven't gotten round to ordering them yet.... so many other things keeping me busy...

I'd say I have a good idea how my Efests are performing regarding battery life - so a month with a VTC5 and I will be able to say whether its better or worse - from a battery life point of view. I am not a super sub-ohmer so won't be able to test their current drain capabilities, but from about 0.7 ohms up, I am keen to see for how long they deliver a decent punch.

I have gone through all these posts and I have a question for @Chop007
Are these VTC5 batteries still available or have they now been discontinued?

Thanks @johan I'll send it to you!

Great, I think its high time for me to slam a test rig together and start testing various batteries. Just for the record: the results will be posted in this public forum and everybody please take note that if a particular battery shows poor test results, its the specific battery that performs poorly and not the vendor that supplied them.

Great, I think its high time for me to slam a test rig together and start testing various batteries. Just for the record: the results will be posted in this public forum and everybody please take note that if a particular battery shows poor test results, its the specific battery that performs poorly and not the vendor that supplied them.
That will be awesome @johan .
@Chop007 this is a public forum and everybody have their right to call a battery what the hell ever they want. Lemon, cell, piece of .., what ever.

Agreed and I have the full right to challenge unsubstantiated claims no matter who they come from.
Did you even read what @Rob Fisher had to say? This was in no way an attack on you or your company. He was merely pointing out that he was not happy with his batteries performance. Nobody said yours were fake either, only suggesting that they could possibly be duds.

That would be AWESOME thank you so much. That is actually a brilliant idea, then we can maybe have a post, stating the battery, vendor and test results, so we can see once and for all what is going for what and base our assumptions on pure scientific fact and not hearsay from other forums. Thank you so much. Let me know if you need some batteries we will gladly send you a free batch of all our batteries that we have stock of.

Lets also get batteries from all over the world and decide what are the 'best' batteries for our various applications. We will do the sourcing, let us see what else is out there? And bring South African vapers only the best.

I am quite keen to give the VTC5's a bash
And put them through their paces.
Just haven't gotten round to ordering them yet.... so many other things keeping me busy...

I'd say I have a good idea how my Efests are performing regarding battery life - so a month with a VTC5 and I will be able to say whether its better or worse - from a battery life point of view. I am not a super sub-ohmer so won't be able to test their current drain capabilities, but from about 0.7 ohms up, I am keen to see for how long they deliver a decent punch.

I have gone through all these posts and I have a question for @Chop007
Are these VTC5 batteries still available or have they now been discontinued?

Sony has released an unofficial statement that they do not wish to be associated with vaping and that their batteries were never intended for this use. They will most likely still manufacture VTC5's but they will not be released from sony unless for verified use which means that original VTC5's will be phased out as they sell out. We have a few still available in store (As our online store is a separate entity from our Brick & Mortar stores).

On Another note, I use VTC5's and VTC4's exclusively in my mech mod setups and efests in my eVic. Why? Because my all day vape is a 0.15ohm build and I trust the VTC5 more than any other battery at that level of Sub ohm. The Efests seem to drain slighter slower which may have something to do with the discharge rate of the batteries.(We have concluded that Sony has a much higher maximum discharge rate).

I will use fully charged batteries for an hour each in my eVic today and see what the battery percentage is at the end of that hour and report back.

Did you even read what @Rob Fisher had to say? This was in no way an attack on you or your company. He was merely pointing out that he was not happy with his batteries performance. Nobody said yours were fake either, only suggesting that they could possibly be duds.
I call a spade, a spade and am not a kiss %%sss. This is the same old story just repeating itself. A suggestion on a public forum from a respected member is just as direct as an insinuation. One should use great power with great responsibility. 'Lemon' is a colorful description but I would at least require a more detailed and discretionary description of the specific issue. Strange that it is also always the same folks.

Anyways all mellows we are totally off point here. I agree with what @johan said and that is the logical way forward. But I stand behind my product all the way since I know what it took to get it in and I know they are the real deal. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and thank you for yours.

How do you test the batteries @johan ?

What I want to test (after 3 cycles of full charge and full discharge on a calibrated charger):

1. Voltage drop under various loads (0.5Ω up to 1.0Ω) - calibrated Volt meter across the terminals while applying a current sink (variable load) for 10 seconds on the battery under test and log the measured voltage in 1 second intervals.
2. Voltage drop graph - connect variable load at intervals of 10 seconds ON, 10 seconds OFF, until the battery under test reached 3.3V (under zero load). Logging Voltage drop as well as time and current.
3. Internal resistance if necessary
4. Maximum current - adjust variable load until Voltage drop to 2.5V or battery temperature rise more than 10°C

For my own curiosity I would like to know which battery will give me the longest vape time at a certain load with the least Voltage drop.

Anything else just let me know.

What I want to test (after 3 cycles of full charge and full discharge on a calibrated charger):

1. Voltage drop under various loads (0.5Ω up to 1.0Ω) - calibrated Volt meter across the terminals while applying a current sink (variable load) for 10 seconds on the battery under test and log the measured voltage in 1 second intervals.
2. Voltage drop graph - connect variable load at intervals of 10 seconds ON, 10 seconds OFF, until the battery under test reached 3.3V (under zero load). Logging Voltage drop as well as time and current.
3. Internal resistance if necessary
4. Maximum current - adjust variable load until Voltage drop to 2.5V or battery temperature rise more than 10°C

For my own curiosity I would like to know which battery will give me the longest vape time at a certain load with the least Voltage drop.

Anything else just let me know.
Cool - I like it :)

I'd like to send you some of our 22650's and 18350's if you don't mind giving them a run through too (I think you have our 18650's already) - this is all efest - and if you want to unwrap them to show what's beneath that is cool too

Cool - I like it :)

I'd like to send you some of our 22650's and 18350's if you don't mind giving them a run through too (I think you have our 18650's already) - this is all efest - and if you want to unwrap them to show what's beneath that is cool too

Thanks Derick, will contact you once I've setup the rig. No need to unwrap them as the tests are not to prove fake or authentic. PS. Yes I do have your 18650's.

What was the ohm of your coil, what device where you using the battery in? How many charge cycles did the battery undergo before your review? When comparing to the efest, at what charge cycle was the efest? A new Efest at it's 10th charge cycle will outperform a new VTC5 at it's 2nd charge cycle.

The coil is a 1,1Ω Micro coil on a new SL REO LP with gold contacts. Yes the VTC5 had less charge cycles than the eFests and it remains that way because after using the VTC5 a few times I was really disappointed with how long it lasted. My new eFests (which I think some of which I bought from Vape Mob as well) performed perfectly right out of the box.

It would be more conducive to a constructive review to firstly state your experiences with the battery in more scientific terms.

There's my problem... I'm just a normal user and not an electronics expert at all so discussing the battery in scientific terms isn't really an option for me. As for discussing it with the vendor etc let me say I have made this statement a few times in the forums about how disappointed I was with the performance of the VTC5 and no experts came and said maybe I should wait till it's had a few cycles through it before comparing... and all my other batteries have performed 100% fine out of the box including the Fake AW's.

This is my gripe, not a flame war, a real issue that stems from a lack of information. A VTC 5 will perform negatively according to human sensual based assertions. But does it really perform that badly or is it the user that is at fault. See my issue here?

OK the user is at fault and the VTC5 is performing negatively according to human sensual based assertions.

Would you like a refund on that battery? We will gladly take it off your hands.

It was never about the money... it's about why a battery that is supposed to be the best on the planet is performing (albeit a non scientific human sensually based criteria) far worse than an eFest equivalent.

Bottom line is the VTC5 is not performing as one would expect and subsequent discussions with a couple of people who are experts have confirmed my "gut feel"...

Thanks Derick, will contact you once I've setup the rig. No need to unwrap them as the tests are not to prove fake or authentic. PS. Yes I do have your 18650's.
Cool

Yeah, was not thinking of fake vs authentic, was more about to see if it is a re-wrapped LG or whatever - I seem to remember seeing a post to that effect somewhere here

Back