Building Coil For Kayfun 3.1

Guys I need some serious help!

Got myself a kayfun yeahsmo clone from vape king yesterday and been having some issues and can't get the thing to work fully assembled...

I've built a 2.4mm ID 26g kanthal coil with ten wraps at a respectable 1.1ohm with a dove 100% cotton wick. Pops nicely with the inner tube off and alright with it on.

Problem is that as soon as I fully assemble the unit it floods through both the fill and air holes! After that it doesn't run at all!

I have no clue what is wrong, I thought that it might be because the wick wasn't covering the juice channels but after checking other members coils and wick that doesn't seem to be the case... only other thing I can think is that the coil is too close to the air hole but I'm shooting in the dark

I have attached a pic of the coil for reference and if anyone can help I'd be very appreciative.

ejysysun.jpg

@Mklops, It sounds like your fill port is not closing properly and causing the flooding and leakage by letting air in and breaking the air lock. Rinse out the fill port from both ends with a syringe and hot water to loosen the locking mechanism. Be careful not to insert the syringe too far and damage the spring. Alternatively, plug the fill port hole with a toothpick from the inside (the hole that it visible from your photo) & use the top fill method as the fill port will be blocked now. These fill ports are fiddly and not really functional in my experience.

Your coil does look dangerously close to the air hole though, watch out for a short.

Last edited:
Thanks @Spiri that sounds logical enough!

Will give it a try and let you guys know how it goes!

Guys I need some serious help!

Got myself a kayfun yeahsmo clone from vape king yesterday and been having some issues and can't get the thing to work fully assembled...

I've built a 2.4mm ID 26g kanthal coil with ten wraps at a respectable 1.1ohm with a dove 100% cotton wick. Pops nicely with the inner tube off and alright with it on.

Problem is that as soon as I fully assemble the unit it floods through both the fill and air holes! After that it doesn't run at all!

I have no clue what is wrong, I thought that it might be because the wick wasn't covering the juice channels but after checking other members coils and wick that doesn't seem to be the case... only other thing I can think is that the coil is too close to the air hole but I'm shooting in the dark

I have attached a pic of the coil for reference and if anyone can help I'd be very appreciative.

ejysysun.jpg
I also bought one, and I've got the same issue with the fill port leaking. Spoke to @PeterHarris and he told me this Kayfun should have a Allen key screw covering the fill hole. Mine came without the screw.

He suggested stuffing the fill hole from the top with cotton. Haven't had time to try that as yet.

I also had a couple of cases of cotton actually over wicking in mine with cotton pulling juice up in such amounts that it ran down the hole under the coil. Also watch for that as your coil is very close to the hole.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

hi guys

have to agree here - that fill hole is useless on most kayfuns - block it with a tooth pick or stuff a lot of cotton in that hole.

the reason you are getting leaks through your airhole is, like @Spiri said, becasue that fill hole is causing your kayfun not to create the vacuum it needs to hold the juice out of the center part where you coil and wick sits.

Ok guys I have feedback already!!

@soonkia I have the same case with mine, the Allen key screw is missing or not manufactured in. It might be the only drawback I have found with the unit!

@Spiri the advice you have has worked hundred percent! What I did is blow out all the juice from the refill hole and chanel, then took a toothpick measured it up and cut it to got and allow removal if necessary.

@RevnLucky7 thank you for the tip, I have now adjusted the coil higher and all is good!

It is now pulling awesome and the refill problem is non existent!

I have added a new pic below to see the end result, pretty chuffed for my second coils effort

satenypu.jpg

@PeterHarris

@Gizmo

Might be worth taking note for future reference to this question with the yeahsmo

Again thank you for everyone's effort! A+ chaps

Ok guys I have feedback already!!

@soonkia I have the same case with mine, the Allen key screw is missing or not manufactured in. It might be the only drawback I have found with the unit!

@Spiri the advice you have has worked hundred percent! What I did is blow out all the juice from the refill hole and chanel, then took a toothpick measured it up and cut it to got and allow removal if necessary.

@RevnLucky7 thank you for the tip, I have now adjusted the coil higher and all is good!

It is now pulling awesome and the refill problem is non existent!

I have added a new pic below to see the end result, pretty chuffed for my second coils effort

satenypu.jpg

@PeterHarris

@Gizmo

Might be worth taking note for future reference to this question with the yeahsmo

Again thank you for everyone's effort! A+ chaps

Nice one.
If you wake up tomorrow morning and the tank is flooded give me a shout :)

That is wierd....
Mine has a allan screw on the fill hole. Are u checking for this on the outside? As u cannot see it from the inside deck?

I have no issues with mine...

ype9avy3.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Might be the case that I can't see the diagonals of the Allen key, I will find my keys tomorrow night and get back to you guys!

Will correct and update the post upon my findings!

Stay tuned!

Glad it was a easy fix @Mklops, a little more practice and you will be coiling like a master. Now just cut that toothpick off flush, it can be removed with a needle if neccessary. Also tuck the ends of that wick up against your posts as not to block the channels. Happy vaping man!

Just finished doing a build on the Aqua Rda. And I sure hope my mate learns to do it himself next time. Almost threw that thing out the window. Electrical post connections from hell. It sure does produce a good vape. But the frustration involved... I have a new found appreciation for my kayfuns. :p

Sent from my Reo

Hmmm, makes me think my spring mechanism is dirty. Seems like I misunderstood @PeterHarris, as mine looks exactly like that picture.

But, I've now plugged the hole with a toothpick, filled the tank, and it's vaping like a champ.

6u9yjytu.jpg

Looks great on the Sigelei, vaping it at 15 to 20watts with no dry hits and chucking the vapor. :) :)

Ultimately, this little clone is awesome. Well machined, love the adjustable Centre pin, and the deck is really easy to build on. What a great find @Gizmo

Thanks @Spiri and @PeterHarris for the help

also have a yeashmo and i simply super glued the fill hole after the first fill from the top because it leaked immedietly.

sent from my Telegraph Machine using Tapatalk stop

also have a yeashmo and i simply super glued the fill hole after the first fill from the top because it leaked immedietly.

WARNING: 99% of Super Glue purchased in South Africa comes from China and contains cyanide! Rather use 2 part Pratley Clear Epoxy, its non toxic in cured form and much more durable than Super Glue.

WARNING: 99% of Super Glue purchased in South Africa comes from China and contains cyanide! Rather use 2 part Pratley Clear Epoxy, its non toxic in cured form and much more durable than Super Glue.

Eish, this is good to know, always chew the Super Glue from my finger when I spill some.

Or Silocone for Aquariums (as a lot of other silicones have fungicides in)

In that case me and @BansheeZA wil be dead in a few days then:( if someone will just take good care of our mods and Canas.. I'm not too bothered about it, it is half a drop on the outside of the filling hole. If it does eventually pop out we will go the Pratley way..

I have to show you guys some pics of my Kayfun setup the next time i refill and wash it, heavily modded, drilled out air hole to 4.75mm, centre post drilled and flaired, post air hole drilled and flaired, twisted 26ga 0.6 base mounted coil (not under the screw since the wires don't even fit in there)

ok did not know that. reason i used superglue is you can remove it with some acetone if needed. luckily it is on the outside but will make a plan removing it and plugging it wit something else

In that case me and @BansheeZA wil be dead in a few days then:( if someone will just take good care of our mods and Canas.. I'm not too bothered about it, it is half a drop on the outside of the filling hole. If it does eventually pop out we will go the Pratley way..

I have to show you guys some pics of my Kayfun setup the next time i refill and wash it, heavily modded, drilled out air hole to 4.75mm, centre post drilled and flaired, post air hole drilled and flaired, twisted 26ga 0.6 base mounted coil (not under the screw since the wires don't even fit in there)

Wow, that thing much be chucking the vapour :eek:

its ok, im a dripper by trade;) so thats why i modded the crap out of this kayfun.. if i drill it more the will not be treads left. and yes, it does produce more than enough vapour and still kept the flavour, so its a win win.

Note. broke 2 very expensive drillbits while doing it, almost got one stuck inside the base, so be warned if you want to do this.

its ok, im a dripper by trade;) so thats why i modded the crap out of this kayfun.. if i drill it more the will not be treads left. and yes, it does produce more than enough vapour and still kept the flavour, so its a win win.

Note. broke 2 very expensive drillbits while doing it, almost got one stuck inside the base, so be warned if you want to do this.
You are in need of a Reo, if I may say such a thing in the Kayfun Kingdom!

@Andre it seems to me that way, altough i would really like to try it and see what all the hype is about. Experience the Reo glory for myself:D

Back