Building Coils - Basics For Newbies

Raid your local dischem for the scisso-weezers. You definitely know these ones:

2014-03-18 21.59.26.jpg

Maybe you could repurpose a pair from the lady of the house? Usually they would be kept with the polyfiller and hoof trimming accessories - check the makeup drawer...

I see that Riptrippers uses the Tweezerman ones, which I saw at dischem by chance. At R250 I had to say no, and went with the scissoweezers instead. Could buy a Rocket RBA or 60ml of VM juice for that price :eek:

Nail clipper was frustrating for me. Difficult to position it to cut the tail ends, does not always cut wicking material cleanly, etc. Scissors much the same. Until I came upon the little thing below. Cuts anything - wire, cotton, silica - and cleanly every time.
u9reWKZ.jpg

I got one similar to that lying around in one of the toolboxes, will give it a go thank you sir.

I got one similar to that lying around in one of the toolboxes, will give it a go thank you sir.

I got the cuticle plier/cutter ones from dischem - very similar, but not as sharp those side clipper pliers. I can see little nicks in the surface of the metal from where I used them to cut the kanthal. I will need to visit my local builder's again soon

Maybe you could repurpose a pair from the lady of the house? Usually they would be kept with the polyfiller and hoof trimming accessories - check the makeup drawer...

Absolutely brilliant! ROFL!
guy_laughing_on_floor_sm_nwm.gif

Could this be the reason why none of my ex's will talk to me?

Hahahaha

Another question... Do you all undo the fill screw to add the juice? The hole looks (from videos) a bit small and that seems a tough way to fill the tank?

The KFL+ and KF3.1 ships with a juice bottle with plastic microdropper - it's the only size dropper that I have seen that fits the fill hole. I have only used it once, and then went back to filling by unscrewing the top on the KF3.1.

It's a given that you will have juice leaks a few times in the first week - it seems to be the norm and still happens to me every other day or so.

The KFL+ and KF3.1 ships with a juice bottle with plastic microdropper - it's the only size dropper that I have seen that fits the fill hole. I have only used it once, and then went back to filling by unscrewing the top on the KF3.1.

It's a given that you will have juice leaks a few times in the first week - it seems to be the norm and still happens to me every other day or so.

I have a couple of Needle bottles in Vape Mail and I have also filled my new Innokin U-Can ready! :D

I have a couple of Needle bottles in Vape Mail and I have also filled my new Innokin U-Can ready! :D

Lol, Rob you could become the South African Pbusardo at this rate!

I'm expecting reviews on all these toys when you have a chance

I'm expecting reviews on all these toys when you have a chance

Roger that! Review tomorrow when Vape Mail arrives... we are going to have a fun week again this week...

Reviews will include the following...

• KangerTech T3's
  • Kayfun Lite Plus
  • Plastic Needle Bottle
  • Innokin U-Can
  • Innokin iClear X.i Dual Coil
  • Mini Evo (Hoping it a Stealth Vape device)
  • Mob Premium Ecto Plasma E-Liquid
  • Mob Bubaloo Intense E-Liquid
  • Titanium Drip Tip
  • VM Legends Range
  • VM Peach 2 Rooibos
  • VM Marshmallow
  • VM Orange
  • VM Menthol Ice 0mg

I find that the cuticle scissors work the best for cutting cotton cleanly.

Lol @Rob Fisher you melting some plastic again? I also bought one of those titanium drip tips but have noticed that after a while a rough ring forms on the drip tip which I assume is from saliva. I now stick to plastic.

I find that the cuticle scissors work the best for cutting cotton cleanly.

Lol @Rob Fisher you melting some plastic again? I also bought one of those titanium drip tips but have noticed that after a while a rough ring forms on the drip tip which I assume is from saliva. I now stick to plastic.

I notice that happens with almost all metal tips that I have. Plastic tips definitely do assist in preventing that but is still not immune to it.

Super thread indeed.

I have learnt so much in such a quick time. Thanks @Rob Fisher for starting it and for all of you putting in the effort.

@Rob Fisher when you are done with all your building and refining your toolbox, can you make up a replica for me ;-) Seriously, could be an idea for retailers to sell a basic toolbox of all these items.

@Rob Fisher when you are done with all your building and refining your toolbox, can you make up a replica for me ;-) Seriously, could be an idea for retailers to sell a basic toolbox of all these items.

Sure thing @Silver! I doubt that the man in the street will bother with the lunatic fringe of making coils etc but the opportunities for vendors and shops to watch these forums and react to market forces are endless.

I still can't believe that there isn't a Vape shop in Durbs yet... and the tobacconists are missing the boat in a big way as well! Over the years the little tobacconists shops have been disappearing and now is the time for them to adapt and explode! But no worries for us because we have a selection of great online shops! ;)

I also bought one of those titanium drip tips but have noticed that after a while a rough ring forms on the drip tip which I assume is from saliva. I now stick to plastic.

I haven't found this issue at all? Not even close or a little bit... is that issue particular to titanium or have you found it with steel as well? I haven't got one plastic drip tip on any of my devices.

I notice that happens with almost all metal tips that I have. Plastic tips definitely do assist in preventing that but is still not immune to it.

You just answered my last question... funny I haven't had this phenomenon at all?

Watching this thread with great anticipation.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sure thing @Silver! I doubt that the man in the street will bother with the lunatic fringe of making coils etc but the opportunities for vendors and shops to watch these forums and react to market forces are endless.

I still can't believe that there isn't a Vape shop in Durbs yet... and the tobacconists are missing the boat in a big way as well! Over the years the little tobacconists shops have been disappearing and now is the time for them to adapt and explode! But no worries for us because we have a selection of great online shops! ;)

No worries Rob. I do have most of these items. Was just kidding. But i think you will have the best set of tools for coil building after you are done!

On the issue of tobacconists missing the plot. I agree. The few i have visited here in JHB tend to be a bit clueless when it comes to vaping. I suppose it is still early days. In a year or two when vaping is more mainstream i think it will change. You still have a year Rob to set up the KZN vape palace ;--))

You still have a year Rob to set up the KZN vape palace ;--))

I have toyed with the idea many times since discovering these forums and learning at a rate of knots... but having started 3 businesses and selling two of them the idea of starting a retail business leaves me stone cold... now that I have retired and am real busy fishing and vaping my time is worth a whole lot to me and a retail business couldn't generate enough cash ever to make me want to give up retirement. The thought of giving up my time to be stuck in a shop for six and a half days is something I just couldn't bear! If I was 30-40 years younger maybe... but at 58 time becomes a precious commodity that money can't buy.

Well worded Rob. Very wise

Nail clipper was frustrating for me. Difficult to position it to cut the tail ends, does not always cut wicking material cleanly, etc. Scissors much the same. Until I came upon the little thing below. Cuts anything - wire, cotton, silica - and cleanly every time.
u9reWKZ.jpg

Called a "SIDE CUTTER" in the industry

OK Tool Box bought... and tools bought... Now I just need some Vape Mail!

Vape42.jpg

Technical issue with the light/torch I bought... it no fit. :(

Back