Calling all DIY'ers

Hi All,

Just a quick question, are there any noticeable differences between NIC in PG and VG? and any pro's and con's between the two?

I find the NIC I have been using in VG a bit tedious to work with and thinking of trying the Nic in PG instead.

TIA
I tried VG Nic before. Didn't like it much, its a pain to work with if its a bit cold, even when its not its still a mission. I switched over to PG based Nic and no issues.

VG nic is more difficult to work with, especially if you keep the nic in the fridge. It is also more prone to hot spots and the hot spots are harder to get out.

Unless you have PG sensitivity or really want to make Max VG juice rather use PG nic, You can still quite easily make 70/30 3mg with it.

What are hot spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are hot spots?
The stage just before menopause:D.

When all the ingredients in the juice are not fully integrated and evenly distributed. You will experience it in vastly different taste sensations from the same juice.

The stage just before menopause:D.

When all the ingredients in the juice are not fully integrated and evenly distributed. You will experience it in vastly different taste sensations from the same juice.

Got you, thanks

What are hot spots?

This is when nicotine collects in sections of the bottle making some parts more concentrated then others. this is why it is recommended shaking your bottle of nicotine before using it to make sure that the concentration is even throughout. This is more difficult with VG as it is way more viscous, especially when cold.

This is when nicotine collects in sections of the bottle making some parts more concentrated then others. this is why it is recommended shaking your bottle of nicotine before using it to make sure that the concentration is even throughout. This is more difficult with VG as it is way more viscous, especially when cold.
Well not REALLY if you have a good air gap in the bottle. Vigorous shake sorts it out no problemo no hot spots BUT the air stays trapped for much longer so VG Nic has the potential to oxidise much faster also. Essentially meaning bit of a shorter shelf life.

Best way to work with VG nic is in sections, mix then decant into smaller bottles you can use up relatively quickly, freeze the bulk. Leave a nice air gap in your 'working bottle' I never fill mine over half way. Take it out the fridge as you prep your mix and add it last by the time you get there a good shake will do the trick, and it is just a little bit so it goes quite quickly.

And use syringes for VG nic not droppers or unicorns. Clean fresh syringes work a treat. After extracting your nic wipe yoir syringe with paper BEFORE dosing your bottle, clean syringe tips dont mess. Little globs of VG are the enemy.

Pretty much as easy as PG nic just a different way of working. Small bottles.

I use these specifically for VG nic. Always a super smooth action and marked in 0.1ml increments they take the mess and hassle right out of it. EDIT: pic did not upload let me try again

I pay 75 cents each so... I dont bother with washing I just grab a hand full every now and again and use once. Perfect for dosing a 100ml bottle at 3mg :) Easy enough to draw out 0.9 for a 30ml too. Great little things.1481183708914276478264.jpg

OK all my DIY tjina's - I need some input for Koolada. I have generally avoided koolada in my mixes, as I thought I dont really like that icy mouth feel. However, some of my recipes lately have gotten to a point where I feel another dimension would help layer the recipe nicely. So the question is, How much %% Koolada = what? Things to avoid also? Toxic combinations? Any info would help.....

OK all my DIY tjina's - I need some input for Koolada. I have generally avoided koolada in my mixes, as I thought I dont really like that icy mouth feel. However, some of my recipes lately have gotten to a point where I feel another dimension would help layer the recipe nicely. So the question is, How much %% Koolada = what? Things to avoid also? Toxic combinations? Any info would help.....

Man, you've avoided koolada for good reason, that stuff is seriously not great. I was talking to the guys at Opus during the vape meet, and somehow koolada came up, they also avoid it like the plague. Personally I reckon just add a hint of menthol liquid instead. Maybe 0.2% if you're looking for something very subtle. I find 0.5% great as it's still fairly subtle but with the nice icy feeling.

Disclaimer: I love menthol.

VG nic is more difficult to work with, especially if you keep the nic in the fridge. It is also more prone to hot spots and the hot spots are harder to get out.

Unless you have PG sensitivity or really want to make Max VG juice rather use PG nic, You can still quite easily make 70/30 3mg with it.

Thanks guys, I will give the PG nic a go and see it it works for me. Much love Vape fam

Man, you've avoided koolada for good reason, that stuff is seriously not great. I was talking to the guys at Opus during the vape meet, and somehow koolada came up, they also avoid it like the plague. Personally I reckon just add a hint of menthol liquid instead. Maybe 0.2% if you're looking for something very subtle. I find 0.5% great as it's still fairly subtle but with the nice icy feeling.

Disclaimer: I love menthol.

Why tho - I like the icy feel of the Opus juices, that is probably what they use in their Womp & Reverb. Tell me what makes Koolada so gross...

Why tho - I like the icy feel of the Opus juices, that is probably what they use in their Womp & Reverb. Tell me what makes Koolada so gross...

From what they were saying they do not use koolada in any of their flavours, so I am assuming it's menthol or a different cooling agent you're getting there. As for why it's gross, it gunks up cotton fairly badly I've found. At low, recommended doses (1 - 3 drops/10ml) I don't get much, plus it's very scratchy on the throat. At higher percentages it destroys your throat, like pulling on needles. Cough fest deluxe. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I've never found it to work. As an aside, koolada does react chemically with nicotine to degrade it, so if you're making flavours with nic it's not that great either. This is fairly slow though.

edit: Forgot to add that it sometimes crystalizes out of your liquid, and the concentrate itself is prone to this too.

I have only used Koolada at 0.5 %. No problems and gives me the cool sensation I want.

Ok so last night i made a recipe as i once vaped a bottle of Wiener Vape Good boy which is a tabacco juice and loved it. I first thought it was Peanutbutter and chocolate which i made and turned out great but it wasnt it what i tasted.

Yesterday bought some TPA RFY4 Double and made some magic.

TPA RY4 Double - 4%
CAP Peanutbutter V2 - 4%
CAP Sweet Cream - 1%
TPA Double Chocolate - 1%

Shake the hell out of it and vaped and TBH its got the exact taste of Good Boy but to me its even better.

Not sure if this is classified as a Clone then but if we are not allowed to post local juices (Referring to the debate had on this thread some time back) Then please remove.

Been Vaping it the whole day and loving it! Might decrease the peanutbutter a little so that i get more of the RY4 taste.

Peace!

I have only used Koolada at 0.5 %. No problems and gives me the cool sensation I want.

From what they were saying they do not use koolada in any of their flavours, so I am assuming it's menthol or a different cooling agent you're getting there. As for why it's gross, it gunks up cotton fairly badly I've found. At low, recommended doses (1 - 3 drops/10ml) I don't get much, plus it's very scratchy on the throat. At higher percentages it destroys your throat, like pulling on needles. Cough fest deluxe. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I've never found it to work. As an aside, koolada does react chemically with nicotine to degrade it, so if you're making flavours with nic it's not that great either. This is fairly slow though.

edit: Forgot to add that it sometimes crystalizes out of your liquid, and the concentrate itself is prone to this too.

Thats a great deal of help already, i'm going to do a 30ml variation with Koolada @ 0.5% - because im just looking for a cool sensation, opposed to a slush puppy in the face. And I will report back to the thread on my findings. I guess with everything flavour, its subjective. So its trial and error, if the Koolada doesn't work, im going to take @Troll Brothers Elixirs suggestion to work with a smidge of menthol.

Ok so last night i made a recipe as i once vaped a bottle of Wiener Vape Good boy which is a tabacco juice and loved it. I first thought it was Peanutbutter and chocolate which i made and turned out great but it wasnt it what i tasted.

Yesterday bought some TPA RFY4 Double and made some magic.

TPA RY4 Double - 4%
CAP Peanutbutter V2 - 4%
CAP Sweet Cream - 1%
TPA Double Chocolate - 1%

Shake the hell out of it and vaped and TBH its got the exact taste of Good Boy but to me its even better.

Not sure if this is classified as a Clone then but if we are not allowed to post local juices (Referring to the debate had on this thread some time back) Then please remove.

Been Vaping it the whole day and loving it! Might decrease the peanutbutter a little so that i get more of the RY4 taste.

Peace!

It's technically not a clone - merely your interpretation of the original juice...
Recipe sounds nice, will add to my to do list!

Last edited:
Although Koolada is supposed to be flavourless, NotCharlesManson says it tastes like cardboard to him so he avoids it. I can't say I've ever tasted anything from it. However, in small doses it doesn't really do much for me. The only thing I use it in is colas. I don't mind a warm strawberry milkshake but warm Coke is just evil and stupid and wrong. I made HIC's Cherry Cola and it was awful purely because it felt like Coke that's been left in the summer sun for hours. So I added some Koolada and then it felt like Coke that's been left in the sun for hours and then put in a fridge for two minutes, like that's going to help. So I added a bit more. Then my hand slipped and a bit more went in. Then I dunked a whole lot in. Now my lips stick to the drip tip when I vape it. That is how it must be. If there isn't a cracking sound from inside your mouth when you vape it, you're just not trying hard enough.

Back